Suggestions

Unfortunately, you can't align each side separately without using the "Transfer Line" flag. Time to fix the crashing issue that happens when an FOF with this flag is directly connected to another sector.

Linedef 432 (Enable 2D Mode) should have 2d mode rotated based on it's linedef position. Example: If player makes the linedef slant and the player's map is slant, it will show in 2D like it was horizontal in 2D.

2D mode should really get rewritten to use the Nights Axis system, but of course no one will ever bother.

• Linking SRB2 nicks to SRB2MB usernames and requiring the MB user's password to use the nickname. Or you could just have a SRB2 "registername <name> <pass>" console command to protect your nickname.
  • Deep-checking WAD/SOC data. Adding a SOC that simply changes the HUD shouldn't trigger the modifiedgame flag. Same with certain graphical changes like font graphics, title screen graphics, the HUD, et.c. On the other hand, the presence of new/edited levels, enemies, objects, or MAINCFG/OBJCTCFG params in a WAD/SOC should still trigger the modifiedgame flag.
  • For the standing sprites only, looking-up sprites. They would be triggered if the player's camera angle exceeds a certain pitch.
  • An "away #" command for co-op mode that you can either set manually or will automatically set to 1 if there is no input for x seconds. This would fix the whole "I'm back guys! Why do I have a Game Over?" due to crawlas.
    • If "away 1":
      • Make the user transparent/flashing
      • Prevent interaction with anything
      • Deny input
      • Store the character's data (animation frame, x/y/z axis position, x/y/z axis motion, shield status, ring count, et.c.) to memory
      • Freeze the player in place (set x/y/z movement to 0)
      • Console echo "*<player> is now away"
      • Display on the player's screen "You are set to Away. To return to play, open the console and type 'away 0'."
    • If "away 0":
      • Return control to the player
      • Unfreeze the player
      • Call the character's data from memory and set current data accordingly
      • Console echo "*<player> is back"
      • Remove the instructions from the screen
  • Level header options:
    • intermissioncontrol: If checked, it would cause the Act Passed/Results screen to become a simple overlay, allowing the player to continue controlling the character while the score tallies (a la Sonic 3K). They would be impervious to damage and death (like what happens when you pass the goal right now) and unable to interact with rings, enemies, monitors, tokens, emblems, or any other collectibles. In multiplayer modes, they would also be unable to throw rings.
    • keepshield: If the player has a shield at the end of a level, they start the next level with that shield if checked.

I was in a server and people started talking about the Srb2JTE
addbot command.
So since nobody there had an account in the forum I asked for them.

Something tells me no member of STJr in their right mind will want to program bots, guys, so let's just not suggest it.

Red Pie said:
Srb2 2.07
That's a good ways into the future. Let's suggest for 2.0.7 for now, and we'll discuss 2.7 when it comes.

Okay.
Does this count as Triple Posting?

Triple posting is posting three times in a row.

The original post, turning Super should be jump and spin, the same button commands as if someone were to have Whirlwind Shield and use its ability.
This is mostly to avoid accidently turning Super Sonic in Single Player when the player has no shield since there are sections in the game that thokking would be very helpful.

Last edited:
It also was carried from Sonic 3.

It also was used so people could turn to Super when they want to.

Already know that, you also had the Insta-Shield in that game since you did not really need anything like thokking in that game.

I was just putting that out there suggestion so that it may be something optional to add in since it is inconvenient when you either have to find a shield in order to thok to avoid turning Super or just deal with turning Super when you do not want. The current way of turning Super probably will remain since there are still ways to work around accidently turning Super anyways.

Idea: Setting in the Controls menu "Double Jump to transform Y/N" where if it's set as Yes, it uses the current method of transforming; if it's set as No, another option appears below it "Transform control" that you can set to a button. Then we can have both sides happy.

Also, I'd love some feedback on my "away mode" idea, does anyone have anything to add?

Have a Camera Rotate Reset button(probably L) so that the Camera Rotate function can be used again without harm. I miss being able to run backwards in Circuit...

Have a Camera Rotate Reset button(probably L) so that the Camera Rotate function can be used again without harm. I miss being able to run backwards in Circuit...

The solution for now is to put this in your autoexec.
Code:
bind l "cam_rotate 0"
That script basically rotates the camera back to normal when you press L.

Last edited:
Bring back camera rotation.

It is a valuable tool for taking screenshots(like say, of your own character so you can put it in submissions, or of a level with the playing character in a pose), and I personally used it to assist in judging characters and no-longer can.

The logic that it was "easy to use accidentally, and you had to open the console to fix it" is not sufficient a reason to remove the feature, especially when you could simply add an on/off switch to it, or better yet allow centerview to re-center the camera from player defined rotation, which I might add it already does with Analog mode.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 15, Members: 0, Guests: 15)

Back