STJR after SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB3 must be impressive enough to *image*
imgres
You do know that what SSNTails showed is not actually SRB3, don't you? As stated a bazillion times, SRB3 will never exist.

GFZ's tweaking way very minor. Also, the official stages are the first of their kind. By the time RVZ was first made, it was seen by many as the perfect level. Only when it was surpassed by far better levels, it became subpar and had to be improved.
Are you referring to the version that you had to jump on a house to get to, or the beta version that worked on demo 2?

You do know that what SSNTails showed is not actually SRB3, don't you? As stated a bazillion times, SRB3 will never exist.

That is, unless SSNTails decides to lose his mind and create an entire game out of that engine and call it "SRB3." If anything I guess it'd be "SRB2 3D" or whatever :E

That is, unless SSNTails decides to lose his mind and create an entire game out of that engine and call it "SRB3." If anything I guess it'd be "SRB2 3D" or whatever :E

Let me make one, very simple point.

SRB3. Will. Never. Exist.

It's not going to happen, AJ is busy working on far more worthwhile things than a fangame (ie, profitable games) and none of us actually have the inclination, motivation or time to make SRB3.

It's not going to happen, AJ is busy working on far more worthwhile things than a fangame (ie, profitable games) and none of us actually have the inclination, motivation or time to make SRB3.

Thus leave it as an engine and leave it to the creation of the SRB2 fans?

You mean what essentially happened with SRB2 itself? Seeing as how none of the original developers constitute the current Sonic Team Jr...

Touché, however it doesn't have to officially be titled SRB3, however the graphics and such do suggest it could be. Just with a new generation of developers. Yes, like SRB2 then.

I was kidding, hence the "SSNTails LOSING HIS MIND" thing. He wouldn't in his right mind make SRB3 and I never said he would. :|

If I say "by many", isn't it obvious I'm referring the version that people actually got to see?
Ah, okay, but when I referred to Red volcano earlier, it was the beta one that worked on demo 2. Even the Eggrock we have today I believe started out a lot simpler (see Eggrock Beta)

This is so sad, I'm going to cry. This so amazing that a fan game of this nature could have survived and thrived this long. It is truly touching that it started so long ago and has grown so much. Do you think that the person to first conceive SRB would have thought that it would evovle into this? To think how much time, effort, and cooperation it took to get this started, that the developers have put so much into this. They have shown this much perseverance, patience, and the willingness to strive for something like this, for the entertainment and enjoyment of others? They have given so much for us that I for one suggest we organize some kind of "going away party" for them.......or maybe it was to soon for the heart felt nostalgia speech?

Last edited:
Do you think that the person to first conceive SRB would have thought that it would evovle into this?

Actually, no, he didn't. It's hard when you're a 12 year old kid with MSPaint.

To think how much time, effort, and cooperation it took to get this started, that the developers have put so much into this. They have shown this much perseverance, patience, and the willingness to strive for something like this, for the entertainment and enjoyment of others? They have given so much for us that I for one suggest we organize some kind of "going away party" for them.......or maybe it was to soon for the heart felt nostalgia speech?

Hmm.... someone who gets it. The reason it was started though was just for fun for the people making it. That's great and all until the thrill of making the player jump wears off and you have to do serious stuff like render work, implement a memory manager, or the boring parts of game logic. It's easy to get demotivated, which is why you see a lot of fan games and such have an awesome "Ooh look at me!" at first, but progress no further than an "engine test".

The closer to completion, the harder it is to work on. It's like approaching the speed of light - the faster you go, the amount of energy required to go faster increases exponentially, and the heavier you get. (Einstein's Special Relativity, IIRC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity )

The sad part about making a game is you never get to play or see it through the eyes of an end user. This is why difficulty balancing and catching some bugs is so difficult for the development team, since you get used to certain things and they end up being missed. Plus it's kind of ironic when you "make a game you'd want to play", but you never really get to 'play' it because you know it like the back of your own hand.

UMMMMMMM... Why did "Retired Staff" replace "Staff" on the legend? I hope that it is a joke... D:

More of us are retiring. I guess I started a trend?

This cannot be true. Why not? New story, new characters, new gimmicks, new zones, new ENGINE...
computador07.gif

So what? Leave as it is? It isn't funny leave a lot of fans of SRB waiting to no results for the continue of a hard and worth work you staff guys did.
Before shotting at me, hear me out: It's just opinion. I'm a free fox.
"You will give up? We certainly would never give YOU up."
"That's right. Go while the SRB2 developer cries..."

Last edited:
UMMMMMMM... Why did "Retired Staff" replace "Staff" on the legend? I hope that it is a joke... D:
That was just a bug. There were some restructurings in the staff system in the last few days, and one of the changes was the addition of a new usergroup called "Retired Staff". SSNTails and Spazzo are in that group. For some reason, that usergroup replaced the regular "Staff" usergroup on the legend. That's fixed now though.

Speaking of that, devs and judges should probably get a different color. Right now, people will ask themselves "Is X a dev or a judge?".

Speaking of that, devs and judges should probably get a different color. Right now, people will ask themselves "Is X a dev or a judge?".
Look beneath your subtitle :/
I dunno if that's displayed in themes other than Ocean, but I sure can see it.

Turns out, the "Staff" title actually didn't really mean anything. I changed it to "Retired Staff" to more accurately describe the purpose of the user group, to allow non-moderators to access and post in Staff Lounge.

Look beneath your subtitle :/
I dunno if that's displayed in themes other than Ocean, but I sure can see it.
It still can lead to confusion, especially in the name-only user listing at the bottom of the main page. And even without it, it would help telling devs from judges with a quick glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back