STJR after SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know Fawfulfan is a good map maker and he isn't a dev member. At least as far as I know

Well, Fawfulfan maps in a totally different way than anybody else. The skeletal versions even of the best maps in TP have been mediocre, and they only became what they are through continuous tweaking. I have no idea if he is able to make a high quality-level from scratch.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't a few of SRB2's levels have to go through continuous tweaking as well? Green Flower Zone pops into mind as does Red Volcano.

There is no SRB3.

ORLY?

ERZ3.png

Nice to see that the model used to make the Metal Robotnik sprites was kept. Is that your custom engine with traces of the doom visual glitches?

I first thought those were Doom glitches as well, but no, they're poles to hold platforms up.
And SSN, you love to give us little things of random code you made didn't you?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't a few of SRB2's levels have to go through continuous tweaking as well? Green Flower Zone pops into mind as does Red Volcano.
GFZ's tweaking way very minor. Also, the official stages are the first of their kind. By the time RVZ was first made, it was seen by many as the perfect level. Only when it was surpassed by far better levels, it became subpar and had to be improved.

It'd be interesting to fight the actual Brak Eggman in 3D instead of screencaps of a 3D model :E

Yeah, I agree. Plus I can make him a lot bigger. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I want to redesign the arena. I'm thinking maybe taking the original layout, but making the platforms far enough apart from eachother that to travel between each one you have to run up a slope and along the wall.

Hm, that seems like a good idea, but if I may, please don't make everything a block this time. X)

So, you are going along with that. I mean, at least allowing Srb2 to use slopes (and the 3D models). I mean, i'd love to have a crack at slopes. I've always wanted to make an srb2 riders halfpipe. Still, that'd be great if you could leave an editor or two before you "Fully Retire" :¦

P.S:SSN I have no idea how you managed to find that kind of time while looking after a child :s I can't even have netgames on somedays from the fatigue!

Yeah, I agree. Plus I can make him a lot bigger. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I want to redesign the arena. I'm thinking maybe taking the original layout, but making the platforms far enough apart from eachother that to travel between each one you have to run up a slope and along the wall.

Finally something to rival the current Damizean Engine. But still, let's leave it until SRB2 is finished. Perhaps the Damizean level creation craze can be matched by SRB2 fans. It would be rather fun though to recreate GFZ and THZ since they are practically blocks and not pilled up with ropes and antigravity.

Please don't tell me you're talking about "Sonic Maker". >_<

Yeah well, I don't know the names of this since I don't research it haha!
But still, the upper hand with this is the retro ambience and textures, just look at the previous picture, it looks very Classic Sonic and the model looks like something you'd see in CD. Perhaps just chuck in a Sonic Jam like model and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back