• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Starchaos-SRB2!

Will this be a good mod?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• You are going to fail. :P

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, ive been working BIG TIME on starchaos, and it will be relesed *beta 1* very soon, i will give screen shots about after Feb. 17!

BAH, I'm cancelling Starchaos, on account of it got a little boring, but I am going to work on my professional website (not that you care..) instead..

Darn, and I was about 87% done with it too..

O_o;

Um, no lies, I've even talked with Omega about it... didn't go very well.

Lots 'o Threats..

Oh well, it was almost complete for the first demo, but seriously, about 87%

EDIT: Ahh, I double posted!!

Wow, you can actually see his radical decrease in enthusiasm between his last two posts. Oh, the irony...

You had better release all the work that you DID manage to get done, though.

Ritz said:
You had better release all the work that you DID manage to get done, though.
Otherwise, I assure you, you will never, ever hear the end of us laughing at you for creating total vaporware and then trying to pass it off as doing something.

Yeah, I think I should. The date will be the same as I said before.

No chars, just levels.

It comes with Time Zone(s), Prehistory(ies), and some match maps.

It will be dead for the moment, I might work on it again one day.

But for now, Starchaos is only a website.

Zash said:
BAH, I'm cancelling Starchaos, on account of it got a little boring, but I am going to work on my professional website (not that you care..) instead..

Darn, and I was about 87% done with it too..
Did you know that 76% of statistics were made up on the spot? I sure did. Here are some statistics about your project that I didn't make up.

All of the following are real quotes from you earlier in this topic, for reference later on in this post and to make sure you don't edit them to cover your ass. The first quote is on the second page, the second quote is on the first page, and the last quote is the one right before this unless someone posts at 12:40 AM.

Zash said:
ok here it goes.

map 01-09 stay

mystic realm most likely will be in it for ultimate sp or co-op

map 10-25 stay

Map 26- Castle Grounds Zone Act 1 (day)

Map 27- Castle Grounds Zone Act 2 (night)

Map 28- Castle Grounds Zone Act 3 (late night/ dawn)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map 29- Prehistory Act 1 (Day)

Map 30- Prehistory Act 2 (sunset)

Map 31- Prehistory Act 3 (night)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map 32- Future Factory Act 1 (n/a)

Map 33- Future Factory Act 2 (n/a)

Map 34- Future Factory Act 3 (night)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map 35- Time Zone Act 1 (n/a for all)

Map 36- Time Zone Act 2

Map 37- Time Zone Act 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map 38- Battle of Time Act 1 (day)

Map 39- Battle of Time Act 2 (night)

those are all the sp levels.
Zash said:
some of you know of the mod im making right? and i didnt give up. im doing pretty well with it too, but 2 things, 1. i cant do it alone, 2. i need more people to be involved with it, 1 and 2 seem alike dont they?
What i need is more characters in it for now, im currently working on the maps. So far i have

Characters:
Zash
Senku
Mecha_Knuckles & MKBot
Bigboi
SS119
BlueJinjo
---------
manic
amy
______
im doing well!

People helping me:

{} means im not sure yet

Mecha_Knuckles
Bigboi
Ritz
_______
wow, not alot

Please help me!!!!!!!!

PROGRESS REPORT 1: All huge reports will be posted on the first post. I am not making custom chars (as in other than srb2 sprites) im just going to edit srb2 sprites.

PROGRESS REPORT 2: there was a huge misunderstanding about this, DARN MIRC! Senku has been doing well and i apologise.

PROGRESS REPORT 3: due do incooperation of senku, and got bigboi into trouble, im sorry, but i must have to kick you out of the project if you do not improve....

PM me if you want to be in it or help. all you have to do (if you dont have a char already) tell me what you want your char to look like. Or send me a url of your char. Hosted by an image hosting service. ill be glad to make the wad for you to be in my mod!
Yeah, I think I should. The date will be the same as I said before.

No chars, just levels.

It comes with Time Zone(s), Prehistory(ies), and some match maps.

It will be dead for the moment, I might work on it again one day.

But for now, Starchaos is only a website.

Alrighty, the first two posts are posts explaining what the mod will have, and the last post is explaining what you claim the mod does have. Assuming that I'm not totally insane, the first post I linked specified a total of fourteen single player stages. You claim in your last post to have completed Time Zone and Prehistory. That amounts to six, assuming you have all of those maps complete. Unless my math is very horribly off, that is 43% of the total 1 player stages.

However, you promise even more. You promise custom characters, which you admit you don't have. There are a total of eight character promised, all of which apparently don't exist, so you get a 0% there.

You then point out that you have deathmatch stages as well. Since you haven't given me any statistics on the completion of them, I will simply ignore that area because I don't want to make up any statistics, unlike certain people here.

You also have a custom soundtrack, which you do have complete, as you linked it into this topic. Hence, I'll give you a nice big 100% there, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually have all the tracks you need.

So, let's add that all together, shall we? 100 + 43 + 0 is 143, and if you divide that by 3, you get a total of 48%. That's a far cry from the amazing 87% figure you have posted earlier. That's even counting the music, which is the easiest thing to do if you're just finding it online, as exactly the same amount of work as making 14 complete single player stages, which we all know is incorrect.

So let's have some facts, Zash. Real ones. I demand you stop lying and tell the truth. What do you have, and let's SEE it. No more talking about what doesn't exist without showing it. If you want us to believe you at this point, I demand you show us the WAD or at least enough varied screenshots of the mod to actually be believable that you have SOMETHING over there. If you need help hosting the WAD itself, I can easily upload a mirror on Sepwich if you'd like. However, I personally don't believe you have anything except a lot of hot air.

So show me the money, as the phrase goes. I don't want any more lines of text. Let's see cold, hard reality. I'll leave with my comment from page 2, which seems VERY accurate now.

Mystic said:
Might I suggest starting a little less lofty? Mystic Realm has about as many features as that, and Mystic Realm took 3 years. I'd really suggest starting with a much smaller idea, like making a few single player zones, before going and trying to create something gigantic like that.

Starting small allows you to go on and create something big, and it allows for you to get comments from the public as well. I've seen several projects that were exceedingly ambitious die due to being too ambitious, as well as one project that failed because he didn't look for community feedback, and henceforth created a ton of really bad levels before finding out that they sucked.

Maybe Zash was thinking he had 87% of the first demo done, which would include far less then the 'final' version? :|
Oh, and also, you've given me the idea that I should try to make a million screenshots of randomly created places and try to pass it off as a new mod and see how many people I can fool with it. Maybe I'll do that one day.

...... Mystic, you are trying your hardest to make me feel bad. Dats Show Shweet. :P:P

I do have alot done, so fine. I'll give you all I have. All of it. >.<

By the way, JTE got what I meant right on the nail. I meant 85% of first demo, not final version, but I'll give you everything I've got anyway.

And then you will be all OMG he actually finished!!! :o :o :o OMG!!!:P:P:P:P:P

Zash said:
...... Mystic, you are trying your hardest to make me feel bad. Dats Show Shweet. :P:P

I do have alot done, so fine. I'll give you all I have. All of it. >.<

By the way, JTE got what I meant right on the nail. I meant 85% of first demo, not final version, but I'll give you everything I've got anyway.

And then you will be all OMG he actually finished!!! :o :o :o OMG!!!:P:P:P:P:P
I like how you changed the number in this post. I'm not trying to make you feel bad if you actually did something. However, if you're talking through your ass, then yes, I absolutely am trying to make you feel bad. It all rests on whether or not you actually have done anything, which after 2½ months still remains to be seen.

So let's see it. If you don't know how to make a screenshot, you open the console, type "bind key screenshot", where key is the key you'd like to press to trigger the screenshot. If you're in software, that will dump a .pcx file into your directory.

Obviously you know how to upload a WAD, and that would be much better proof. Let's see SOMETHING tangible other than random words out of your mouth.

I was really looking forward to this, Zash. I'm sorry to see it go!
And, all I need to finish that remix is an Overdriven Guitar sample... ANYONES GOT AN OVERDRIVEN GUITAR SAMPLE!?!?!?!?!?
Anyways, if you're still working on it, then I'll still help.

I think that Zash is smarter than that, Mystic. Don't assume. Why do I feel like I just assumed something?

.... *dies*

I always wondered how you make those 1/2 signs pop after your normal boring whole numbers.

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to give you them. Some have some errors, but it's nothing I can't fix (only texture errors). And, if you get it, see it, and know I actually worked on something, maybe you won't think so little of me. We'll see..

Its is a sad day in the SRB2 community. Well I knew I would not be completed. That is a big first project. About Sonic The Hedgehog Revitilized. Yes it is still in production but it will reamain TOP SECRET until release. When that is *hides under desk*

Try the character map, Zash. It's under Start>Programs>Accessories>SystemTools. It's how I make those ungodly ¡'s. And, I can make more stuffs, too, like
┌┐♀♂
│ │
└┘
EDIT:
bs_quesexclaim.gif
Huh? It didn't turn out as cool as it looks here.

akirahedgehog said:
Its is a sad day in the SRB2 community.
"Oh,
If you want to be possessive
It's just 'I-T-S',
But if you want it to be a contraction
It's 'I-T-Apostrophe-S'!

...scalawag!
" -SB

Seriously, though, one person learned to just keep things a lower profile than this. It's a fairly good lesson to learn, otherwise you'll be promising ALL these great things but never delivering, causing something of a "boy who cried wolf" problem.

Like me. I actually havn't done any work on LOTR-SRB2 since the last release. I've mostly been messin' with Da GIMP and redesigning my website layout. And, finding an overdriven guitar sample for Zash's music. And, completing RedFox34's WAD file. (I might have that finished today...). That combined with "Floodwater Forest" is a little hard to swallow for one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back