SSB:SS Demo Release (SSBSS_DEMO.RAR) [no56k]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see what I can do;
I'll Begin said:
1) Analog Gamepad support.
2) SSB-styled menus. (highly doubt this'll happen)
3) Force 640x400 windowed mode for Software users. The game is unplayable in 320x200.
4) Option to turn off "tap up to jump". Also allow jump on its own to be set to different keys. What I'm trying to say is have control options for "up and jump", "up" and "jump".
5) Have the character icons change when you're in Final Smash mode?
6) Have some kind of marker above your head that says which player is which, or at least have a marker on your head that shows you and your allies.

1) I'm sure you mean Analog Gamepad support in means of playing in NON-2D maps with the adventure stylings. The game focuses primarily on netplaying right now, and being that the SRB2 code doesn't allow analog control in netplay, this doesn't look like it'll be happening.
2) I have no knowledge in the feild of menu programming. All I can probably do is move around the text of the menu.
3) I have no way of controlling this at the moment. Also you have to consider people that can't go above the 320x200 resolution. What will we do for windowed mode?
4) Don't we already have this? Not the tap to jump thing (Because I don't know what you mean). But controls are different for Non-2D maps than they are with 2D maps.
5) I don't find this to be a good idea. What would the character icons change into?
6) This seems like a good idea. This thought always seemed to cross my mind but I never got around to start work on it. I should really do this sometime.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Lets see what I can do;
I'll Begin said:
1) Analog Gamepad support.
2) SSB-styled menus. (highly doubt this'll happen)
3) Force 640x400 windowed mode for Software users. The game is unplayable in 320x200.
4) Option to turn off "tap up to jump". Also allow jump on its own to be set to different keys. What I'm trying to say is have control options for "up and jump", "up" and "jump".
5) Have the character icons change when you're in Final Smash mode?
6) Have some kind of marker above your head that says which player is which, or at least have a marker on your head that shows you and your allies.

1) I'm sure you mean Analog Gamepad support in means of playing in NON-2D maps with the adventure stylings. The game focuses primarily on netplaying right now, and being that the SRB2 code doesn't allow analog control in netplay, this doesn't look like it'll be happening.
2) I have no knowledge in the feild of menu programming. All I can probably do is move around the text of the menu.
3) I have no way of controlling this at the moment. Also you have to consider people that can't go above the 320x200 resolution. What will we do for windowed mode?
4) Don't we already have this? Not the tap to jump thing (Because I don't know what you mean). But controls are different for Non-2D maps than they are with 2D maps.
5) I don't find this to be a good idea. What would the character icons change into?
6) This seems like a good idea. This thought always seemed to cross my mind but I never got around to start work on it. I should really do this sometime.

1) Analog Gamepad support, meaning so you can actually jump and crouch properly in 2D mode. You can already regulate your speed, even in netgames, but that's it. I'd love to control this like I'd be playing Melee or Brawl.
2) Yeah, I didn't expect this, I was just being a little silly.
3) Hey, a mod that actually considers people with older computers. *raises hand* But I'm moreso considering other people here. but if you can't control it, that's alright.
4) I didn't really understand your answer. This suggestion ties in with 1.
5) This is kinda like suggestions 3 and 6. Just making it easier to see what's going on in the game. Light Dasher's expansion of that idea was good enough. Speaking of Light Dasher, add his idea in too. :P
6) Sweet. Thanks.

Allow me to re-explain 4. I didn't think this'd be easy to understand.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee there are two ways to jump. Tap X or Y, or tap up on the Analog Stick.

Basically, I want a way to toggle tapping up on the analog stick to jump, without taking way the ability to do upward attacks.

The way I was trying to explain was to have three control settings. "UP/JUMP", "UP" and "JUMP". This applies for 2D mode, of course. (I don't even see the point in having a 3D mode in SSBSS anyway, because it's kinda complicated and dodgy.) In my example, I'd have JUMP assigned to Triangle and Circle on my Gamepad. I wouldn't use UP for reasons i'll get into in a sec, nor would I use UP/JUMP.

However, I just realised that to give this functionality to analog as well, you'd have to put an option in Analog Setup that says "tapping up makes you jump: Yes/No". I'd have it on no, personally, so I DON'T jump by pressing up, but I can still use attacks that require me to be holding up.

Missing one out because it makes sense.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

I doubt it's too hard, providing you can do the same as you do with the HUD and use the draw patch function, you should be able to just use some ifs to change the patch if selecting, a bit messy but it's easier than coding a new menu system. :)

Shame my time is limited, or I'd do it myself/teach you how...

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Should be easy, I'd like to meet these people that can't go higher than 320x200, so I can shout at them for failing at life. Seriously, if someone can't handle 640x400, they seriously need help, not to mention getting on the MB is a chore in itself...

Missing 4 and 5 out because there's not really anything to say and you seem fine with number 5.

teh awzomezt mod evah!

WOW, This mod rocks so hard.

I've always been drawn to the super smash series and now it's actually a mod for the best Sonic fan-game.

now uhm.... on to suggestions.

You know how when you press "B" with Sonic he homes into any person
who is close enough?
Yeah well, that's kind of unfair seeing as how he's the only one who has a "B" attack.
A Simple fix would be to give everyone else one to (duh) like Espio would
throw a ninja star and Tails would..... umm...... SUMMON A ROFLCOPTOR!!!
I Honestly have no idea...

It also needs a better grabbing/throwing items system, in all the ssb games all you do is hit the punch button and you have it.

And speaking of punch button that pretty little "A" button in 2D mode doesn't seem to do anything and for some reason when I open the DMSCSonic.demo I see Sonics punching sprites so I know you had to have considered it once.
So ummm.... yeah put punching in.

also if you add na_flamesword.soc choose sonic and press the crouch button

I've noticed that there are some cool items in the game (though not enough) and that none spawn on any 2D stage.

I'm guessing this is because of the whole "not enough items thing"
well i'm going to list out a bunch of suggestions for items.

1: This one should be pretty simple even for just soccing alone (I Think?)
anyone who has played Brawl (SSBB) would know about the bunny hood
all it does when you equip it is to make you go faster which is obviously
possible in SRB2. (Speed shoes with A_capechase?)

2: I dont know so much about this one but maybe a laser gun like in every single Super Smash Bros. ever?

That's all I can think of for now so umm...... yeah.

Re: teh awzomezt mod evah!

koni said:
WOW, This mod rocks so hard.

I've always been drawn to the super smash series and now it's actually a mod for the best Sonic fan-game.

now uhm.... on to suggestions.

who is close enough?@:We know
Yeah well, that's kind of unfair seeing as how he's the only one who has a "B" attack. @Uh...what?
throw a ninja star @Bah.and Tails would..... umm...... SUMMON A ROFLCOPTOR!!!@You are crazy!
I Honestly have no idea...

It also needs a better grabbing/throwing items system, in all the ssb games all you do is hit the punch button and you have it.@Bah too

And speaking of punch button that pretty little "A" button in 2D mode doesn't seem to do anything and for some reason when I open the DMSCSonic.demo I see Sonics punching sprites so I know you had to have considered it once.
So ummm.... yeah put punching in.@Do Sonic can punch?He is one of the weakest characters in Mario & Sonic at the olimpyc games

also if you add na_flamesword.soc choose sonic and press the crouch button@SOC combining...DON'T conbine SOCs

I've noticed that there are some cool items in the game (though not enough) and that none spawn on any 2D stage.@Go and search any maps that have chaos spawns on it(Map90-Map99)

well i'm going to list out a bunch of suggestions for items.@Are you even a SOCer?

possible in SRB2. (Speed shoes with A_capechase?)@Ask a SOCer

2: I dont know so much about this one but maybe a laser gun like in every single Super Smash Bros. ever?@Nah...This is a fangame about SSB/SSBM(Brawl wasn't released when this got released)

That's all I can think of for now so umm...... yeah.
My answers are there...Most of them were bad ideas...sorry.

Cue said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Should be easy, I'd like to meet these people that can't go higher than 320x200, so I can shout at them for failing at life. Seriously, if someone can't handle 640x400, they seriously need help, not to mention getting on the MB is a chore in itself...
Hi, for a time, I could choose any resolution other than 640x400. But of course this is resolved now.

koni said:
who is close enough?
Whoever is closest to you.

koni said:
Yeah well, that's kind of unfair seeing as how he's the only one who has a "B" attack.
Shadow also has this, he's just not in the demo.

koni said:
throw a ninja star and Tails would..... umm...... SUMMON A ROFLCOPTOR!!!
No.

koni said:
It also needs a better grabbing/throwing items system, in all the ssb games all you do is hit the punch button and you have it.
This is already in here, although items are shit how they are at the moment. They were taken out of the levels, but not out of the levels loaded by srb2.srb/wad

koni said:
So ummm.... yeah put punching in.
Again, Not in the demo.

koni said:
also if you add na_flamesword.soc choose sonic and press the crouch button
Don't mix socs.

koni said:
I've noticed that there are some cool items in the game (though not enough) and that none spawn on any 2D stage.
Again, these items are screwed up. They'll be back once I get them to work better.

EDIT:
koni said:
well i'm going to list out a bunch of suggestions for items.
See above.

koni said:
possible in SRB2. (Speed shoes with A_capechase?)

2: I dont know so much about this one but maybe a laser gun like in every single Super Smash Bros. ever?
The bunny hood and the ray gun appeared in all of the Super Smash brothers games. Shouldn't be TOO hard to program.
I've been REALLY slacking on my coding work lately. I plan to pick up my work during the summer.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
The bunny hood and the ray gun appeared in all of the Super Smash brothers games.

Actually not ALL of them.

Have you ever heard of Super Smash Bros. for the N64?
Well I have it and I've never seen a bunny hood anywhere, although I know the raygun is in it.

Now just so this post isn't completely useless, would it be possible to make those crates and barrels like in the real SSB?

Superusuario said:
can Sonic even punch? He is one of the weakest characters in Mario & Sonic at the olympic games

Well he can punch in brawl.

And just cause hes weak in the olympics doesn't mean he's useless, he's still fast you know.

there is also games like sonic the fighters and sonic battle to think of.

Also, you guys seem to have answered things I said that weren't really even questions at all?

EDIT: Oh, Also when Sonic uses his final smash it should turn god mode on because in SSBB when sonic goes super he can fly as far as he wants in any direction without suiciding or w/e it's called.

But in this mod you have to very slowly traverse through levels making sure not to hit death pits which kinda ruins the point of being super.

I Could imagine a net-game...

Sonic: I got teh smash ball ima go supa and kill yoo!
Tails: OH NOES!!!!1!!1!11!
*Sonic flies into a death pit*
Sonic:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!11!!!1!one!11!1!1!Stup1d mod dis is teh wurst mod evah epic falez ima neva pley it egin
Tails:LOL omagod yoo suk!1!!11!

koni said:
EDIT: Oh, Also when Sonic uses his final smash it should turn god mode on because in SSBB when sonic goes super he can fly as far as he wants in any direction without suiciding or w/e it's called.

But in this mod you have to very slowly traverse through levels making sure not to hit death pits which kinda ruins the point of being super.

I Could imagine a net-game...

Sonic: I got teh smash ball ima go supa and kill yoo!
Tails: OH NOES!!!!1!!1!11!
*Sonic flies into a death pit*
Sonic:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!11!!!1!one!11!1!1!Stup1d mod dis is teh wurst mod evah epic falez ima neva pley it egin
Tails:LOL omagod yoo suk!1!!11!

Don't fly into the deathpit? It's not all that hard to be honest. Why would you be miles out of the level when there are people to hit in the center? That's your own fault... =P

Cue said:
Don't fly into the deathpit? It's not all that hard to be honest. Why would you be miles out of the level when there are people to hit in the center? That's your own fault... =P

You don't have brawl do you?

More then half the fun is flying around the stage ballisticly hitting everyone you possibly can.

That's kinda the point of his final smash.

Plus isn't Super Sonic supposed to be going from one side of the stage and back quickly?

And who say's they'll be in the center?

you're all b& for talking about ssb:ss

No, Sonic's final smash isn't for going back and forth quickly. You're supposed to use subtle movements so you can stay close and hit more..

Shuffle said:

No, Sonic's final smash isn't for going back and forth quickly. You're supposed to use subtle movements so you can stay close and hit more..

That dosn't mean anyone does.

I Also found out how to do it myself.

All I did was replace the deathpits in my level with sector type 11 (Damage - Plain).

It works exactly the same but it doesn't kill Super Sonic.

And why would we be B& for talking about SSB:SS in the SSB:SS topic?

Shuffle said:

oshi-Shuffle's back. Right when you were demodded for inactivity.

Kaysakado said:
Shuffle said:

oshi-Shuffle's back. Right when you were demodded for inactivity.

Wrong you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back