SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

something i noticed (retro might have said alread), but if you go to joystick options, select joystick, it will cleary say gamecube controller if it's plugged in. along with wiimote.

And how exactly did you get it to work? i see no standard pad option anywhere?

Last edited:
"mounting /dev/rvlsda1 on mnt/sd failed: No such file or directory" means it could not find the SD-card, you are using a SD card, right? Are you using bootmii or HBC?

Are you using the right elf file with the boot method you are using? The bootmii elf doesn't with outside of bootmii, and the HBC version doesn't work within bootmii.

Last edited:
something i noticed (retro might have said alread), but if you go to joystick options, select joystick, it will cleary say gamecube controller if it's plugged in. along with wiimote.

And how exactly did you get it to work? i see no standard pad option anywhere?

Just pick the one above the wiimote selection.

With a gcn controller already plugged in of course.

You have to use the wiimote and press 2 on the action you want to set a button to then press the desired button on your gcn controller.

Hi guys, just wanted to let the guys who don't follow my SVN revisions know that I have officially gotten GameCube controllers to work properly in SRB2Wii, at least the first controller (my second controller does not show up for some reason, I will diagnose this and fix it).

yea, should've said i tried that. Maybe its because i'm using a wavebird?

Just try using a wired gamecube controller and it should work.

Edit:I completely forgot to say to have the gcn controller hooked up before turning on
the wii to ensure that it is detected(I have my gcn controller/s hooked in all the time).

Last edited:
My srb2wii isn't running when I load it...

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Never mind...got it.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Ok now it runs but then it says missing files put all data files in nnt/sd/srb2wii and then it just goes back to Homebrew channel screen. What do I need to do?

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Never mind people. I got everything working. Just move along.

My srb2wii isn't running when I load it...

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Never mind...got it.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Ok now it runs but then it says missing files put all data files in nnt/sd/srb2wii and then it just goes back to Homebrew channel screen. What do I need to do?

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Never mind people. I got everything working. Just move along.

And that's a re-enactment of my first time installing srb2 wii. XD

Hey there, I just signed up, I've been keeping up with SRB2 for a while now, both the Wii version, and the computer one.
Anyways, Callum, you said you haven't been able to test multiplayer, right? Well, I tried it, but I noticed a glitch, for some reason, the controller I had set to 1st player, changed to second player, and none of my other controllers will turn on. I've tried it again several times, but for some reason, I get the same results...I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, all I did was enable mutiplay and start the game. I just thought this might be something you should check into.

P.S.
Great game! Keep up the good work!

Hey there, I just signed up, I've been keeping up with SRB2 for a while now, both the Wii version, and the computer one.
Anyways, Callum, you said you haven't been able to test multiplayer, right? Well, I tried it, but I noticed a glitch, for some reason, the controller I had set to 1st player, changed to second player, and none of my other controllers will turn on. I've tried it again several times, but for some reason, I get the same results...I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, all I did was enable mutiplay and start the game. I just thought this might be something you should check into.

P.S.
Great game! Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I have already been messing with the multiplayer, and I have solved all problems with it, except one. SRB2 itself won't accept any input from a second controller! X_X

I will have a good look at SRB2's source code to see what's wrong.

SRB2Wii v2.0.0 Release Candicate 3 has been released for testing (31/7/2010 00:00):

Features and bugfixes:
- Booting SRB2Wii from a USB stick is now fully supported, although it most definitely will be much slower than doing everything under the internal SD card slot.
- The GameCube controller is now fully supported.
- Multiplayer support has been coded in, although due to limitations with wminput, only one Wii Remote can be connected at a time (more than one GameCube controller can be used however), and SRB2 seems to be having problems with registering input from the second controller ingame. This will be fixed before the stable release.
- The extended swap is now supported again, and it really does make a difference with larger levels. Under the Settings menu of the launcher, you can tell the SRB2Wii system to create the extended swap file (which will then be used by default from then on). Be warned that this process will take a little while and requires some disk space, as the extended swap file is 128MB.

Regressions and bugs:
- SRB2Wii/mini will not load anymore, so not uploaded this time.
- Fine text on the splash screen isn't rendered properly. This will be fixed in the future.

Future features:
- Internal updates through the Internet.

Yep, we are getting there! To the final version of SRB2Wii v2.0.0. Hopefully, SRB2Wii can be made to be as functional as possible, and to have great SRB2 performance as well.

Is the part with the 128 MB similar to page filing.

I am hoping that this makes levels like Deep Sea Zone go at least a little bit faster.

(sadly I cannot access the release at this time for lack of computer access
<I am posting this via Opera Browser on Wii>).

By multiplayer, do you mean online networking? Will i have to input the info in the DOS screen for it to work wireless?

By multiplayer, do you mean online networking? Will i have to input the info in the DOS screen for it to work wireless?

I got that working in the first release candidate. But still, SRB2 has some problems with its netcode that prevent SRB2Wii to netgame with common PCs, only other PowerPCs (such as older Macs) can netgame with it... I think. No, you won't have to input into a text shell (not a "DOS" screen). You can input the info into the SRB2Wii launcher easily and it will set everything up for you.

I got that working in the first release candidate. But still, SRB2 has some problems with its netcode that prevent SRB2Wii to netgame with common PCs, only other PowerPCs (such as older Macs) can netgame with it... I think. No, you won't have to input into a text shell (not a "DOS" screen). You can input the info into the SRB2Wii launcher easily and it will set everything up for you.

oh i see, is that fixable? and i need a keyboard to input the info, right?

and srb2net launcher thing works with this?

Last edited:
I just tried it and the controls are a bit goofed up,you need to set the universal control inputs for the gcn pad on the joystick setting somehow (if possible) so the controls do not clash or come out wrong.

And it is running a good bit faster since RC2.

I forgot to tell you I have a conversion USB device for my gamecube controller on my pc.

I am going to give you information about the names of the buttons that are written when setting buttons.

Code:
A is JOY1
B is JOY2
X is JOY3
Y is JOY4
L is JOY5
R is JOY6
Z is JOY7
Start is JOY8 (forgot)  and...
D-pad is HAT-UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT orderly.

I hope this helps.

I also hope you can help me,I cannot get it to extend the swap file,I have enough space but it says to format the partition whatever that means (I know what formatting is,it deletes everything on your sd card,and I do not want to do that).

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back