SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

Good,because the graphical issues in other resolutions were fixed in this version.

I bet this will released on the 4th of July (I sure hope so).

Edit:DOH!

.........1week later *snore*

Last edited:
Question about SRB2Wii...

Is it currently possible to add wads on SRB2Wii?

Moderator Notice:
Please keep SRB2Wii questions in the SRB2Wii thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is something wrong,because you said it would be out this weekend last week.

Also,I hope this release goes fast enough for deep sea zone,and that annoying pointer that makes it lag goes away,as well as using the gc controller to play/select menu stuffz.

I know Callum has been working almost round the clock on SRB2Wii so nothing is wrong. Just a miscalculation in time. As far as I'm aware of there shouldn't be any speed increases in the next version, the pointer is gone, I'm not sure about GC control, menu via wii remote doesn't work yet, and splash screens by me are added.

I'm glad you care so much about SRB2Wii =) akirahedgehog has pretty much got it all right, right now I'm debugging the splash screen to work on the Wii's YUV colour space, after that I am going to work on the controls, and WAD/custom binary loading. I have worked on networking and I'm almost positive it works although I haven't tested it yet but I will soon.

I hate my internet.
My internet connection sucks because it never stays connected for no more than 15mins at first and the rest of the time it would have a phase where it would disconnect several times every 10 seconds.

It used to stay on for hours at a time.

Edit:I stand corrected,my internet is now staying on the whole time and has not disconnected for a whole hour.

Last edited:
Uhhhh.
To play any games like this that need to be downloaded off a computer, you HAVE to have Homebrew Channel.

This extra time is for your precious networking, which I just got working last night =P

so when we play online with wii, will we be playing against people who are usually on their computers?

and for online controls, would we at leat have the basic controls for the controller, such as shooting, strafe etc?

SRB2Wii v2.0.0 Release Candicate 1 has been released for testing (18/7/2010 19:43):
Features and bugfixes:
- Filesize has been made much, much smaller compared to v1.5.0.
- SRB2 performance has been improved.
- SRB2 WAD loading has been fixed. You can plug in a USB drive and use the launcher to load WADs onto SRB2Wii, but this will only load files actually NAMED .wad, so for other files (or if you prefer copying WADs from your PC directly instead) you can directly copy them to /srb2wii/addons on the SD card.
- Static and DHCP networking has been fully implemented, which will allow SRB2Wii to join netgames when SRB2's netgaming issues are solved. At the moment, however, since SRB2Wii/mini does not work, you will only be able to use a USB-to-Ethernet LAN adapter for now.
- Brand new splash screen that is displayed while SRB2Wii loads. Will be able to be disabled in future if that is the user's preference (or can be manually disabled by editing /srb2wii/linux.conf).
- SRB2's menu controls now work. Use the D-pad to navigate the menu, and press the 1 key to go back in selections and bring the menu up while ingame.
- The Classic Controller has been confirmed to be working, and its D-pad also controls the menu.

Regressions and bugs:
- SRB2Wii/mini will not load anymore, so not uploaded this time.
- Accessing the console by using the "BusyBox Shell" option, for some reason, locks up SRB2Wii. This option will be removed, as you can instead just press "Ctrl+Alt+F2" to access a shell.
- You can no longer have the extended swap (which can improve performance with large levels). This option will return in the next release.
- Fine text on the splash screen isn't rendered properly. This will be fixed in the future.

Future features:
- Multiplayer.
- GameCube controller support.
- Custom EXE (binary) support.
- Internal updates through the Internet.

Boy, we've come a long way since v1.0.0, haven't we? I do enjoy making SRB2Wii, and I really love all the support you guys give me. Sorry for this release taking so freaking long, school this year is a fucking bitch >_>, and I don't have a lot of time to do anything other than schoolwork anymore (I actually have been a bad boy, taking too long developing this these holidays!). Oh well, the joys of growing up I suppose.

Enjoy! =)

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Hi guys, I've just discovered some big issues with the version of SRB2Wii I've uploaded, please do not download until I've fixed them. Thanks

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back