SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

wow nice..

on future features, when it says multiplayer does that mean network or split screen? and what was wrong with the version? not that i'm being impatient.

When will the issues arise,and in what parts of the game do they happen.

*hopes it is not in single player*

So will SRB2Wii eventually have wireless netgames? I have NO idea what all the fancy words are. Pretty much what i'm saying is will SRB2Wii utilize the Wii's WiFi so you can play netgames online with other people?

SRB2Wii v2.0.0 Release Candicate 2 has been released for testing (19/7/2010 18:38):
Features and bugfixes:
- Fixed error where the program "/sbin/modprobe" would stop SRB2Wii from booting if the bootsplash was enabled.
- Fixed rebooting and powering down.

Regressions and bugs:
- SRB2Wii/mini will not load anymore, so not uploaded this time.
- Accessing the console by using the "BusyBox Shell" option, for some reason, locks up SRB2Wii. This option will be removed, as you can instead just press "Ctrl+Alt+F2" to access a shell.
- You can no longer have the extended swap (which can improve performance with large levels). This option will return in the next release.
- Fine text on the splash screen isn't rendered properly. This will be fixed in the future.

Future features:
- Multiplayer.
- GameCube controller support.
- Custom EXE (binary) support.
- Internal updates through the Internet.

Sorry guys, it's not easy to make sure that something is absolutely free of bugs. This one is safe to use. =)

ok sounds good. how limited will i be in network/multiplayer if i don't have the usb keyboard?

edit: now i got everything working yay. now if gamecube was supported, i would be having blast on 2 player. didn't you say you didn't have a GC controller? if so maybe i or someone else can tell you the controls to setup?

and everything is working fine, i tried multiplayer (by myself), i was able to setup my controls on the wii classic controller nicely, ring fire, chat and all (but you can't talk without keyboard). tried hosting but if you try to advertise on internet it says you can't, so no internet play yet. would it work if i plugged my wii into the router?

Last edited:
Do you have a USB keyboard?

If you do,have you tried setting the controls after navigating to it and starting a control change with the keyboard and using the gamecube controller to set a button to it i.e. (jump).

As well as setting the joystick axis settings if not done already.

EDIT:HOLY @*#$% the gamecube controller works if you go to controller settings,joystick options,select joystick and select the standard pad option.
And all you have to do is fix what buttons do what,and remove multiple buttons set to an action relating to another button/action.

And it also reads the controls wrong but inputs correctly i.e. (spindash set to X reads as up but still works by pressing X),I can use my analog to move around,and have set jump on A,spin on X,and camera movement on L and R respectively.

Now all it needs is to save the controls permanently and to not lag so damn much altogether.

Would the lag decrease significantly if I used 1.0.9.4 instead of 2.0.6?

GX rendering makes stuff run faster i.e. (Desmume Wii,although rather buggy in its current state in R191.)

Finally,is SRB2 Wii running under GX rendering?

Last edited:
Do you have a USB keyboard?

If you do,have you tried setting the controls after navigating to it and starting a control change with the keyboard and using the gamecube controller to set a button to it i.e. (jump).

As well as setting the joystick axis settings if not done already.

EDIT:HOLY @*#$% the gamecube controller works if you go to controller settings,joystick options,select joystick and select the standard pad option.
And all you have to do is fix what buttons do what,and remove multiple buttons set to an action relating to another button/action.

And it also reads the controls wrong but inputs correctly i.e. (spindash set to X reads as up but still works by pressing X),I can use my analog to move around,and have set jump on A,spin on X,and camera movement on L and R respectively.

Now all it needs is to save the controls permanently and to not lag so damn much altogether.

Would the lag decrease significantly if I used 1.0.9.4 instead of 2.0.6?

GX rendering makes stuff run faster i.e. (Desmume Wii,although rather buggy in its current state in R191.)

Finally,is SRB2 Wii running under GX rendering?

No, SRB2Wii does not use hardware acceleration at this time. When support for accessing the Hollywood is added to Wii Linux (and when OpenGL is supported), I will make SRB2 load in the hardware mode by default (which should considerably improve SRB2's performance).

Yes, the GameCube controller can be used if you manually set it in SRB2. SRB2's config.cfg is generated automatically before SRB2 starts, so it will not save settings done in SRB2 itself. I will experiment with my GameCube controllers to add support for GameCube controllers to the SRB2Wii system, so they can be used in the next release.

Ok I'm getting a "bad option in substitution expression" and it comes up after something fails to mount. What sense does that make? I assume it fails to mount a USB drive that I don't have.

Ok I'm getting a "bad option in substitution expression" and it comes up after something fails to mount. What sense does that make? I assume it fails to mount a USB drive that I don't have.

It's a bug in the USB mount and WAD find code, I have to fix it up. This will be done for the next release.

@Jerme:By default values do you mean the controls that WERE set?

It is simple,just use the wiimote to select the control options and press 2 to (lol) change a control and press the desired button on your gcn controller after selecting standard pad in the joystick select options like I said before.

You can also press B on the gcn controller to clear the multiple buttons on actions to fix troubles with a button doing two things.
This is needed to clear off the following controls:forward,reverse,turn left/right,jump,spin,and all 3 strafes (strafe already works on the C stick with look up/down on C up/down respectively).

Then set them again with the gcn controller.

I already told you what I set on remaining buttons (L,R,andZ) for controlling the camera in my previous post.

I put pause on start,because I cannot reach the menu action to apply "it" to start.

Last edited:
Why the heck does the interior compressed file fail to extract everything in every single version of SRB2Wii? I get a long string of errors after extraction.

It is simple,just use the wiimote to select the control options and press 2 to (lol) change a control and press the desired button on your gcn controller after selecting standard pad in the joystick select options like I said before.

You can also press B on the gcn controller to clear the multiple buttons on actions to fix troubles with a button doing two things.
This is needed to clear off the following controls:forward,reverse,turn left/right,jump,spin,and all 3 strafes (strafe already works on the C stick with look up/down on C up/down respectively).

I already told you what I set on remaining buttons (L,R,andZ) for controlling the camera in my previous post.

I put pause on start,because I cannot reach the menu action to apply "it" to start.

yea i was talking about removing the set actions with a controller, so it doesnt have multi-button actions.

@fawfulfan, what part are you talking about, after the old windows screen thing, where it says unsupported depth like 100 times? if so, it's normal, just wait and it will start up.

I am wanting to use the old 1.09.4 version of SRB2,but it won't work.

Why is that?

Re from later posts:
I was wanting to play it without lagging because of the large difference in size that the srb2.srb files are (33.3MB old version/friggin over 80MB latest version) the old version would greatly reduce the lag.

If only this could emulate page filing like a computer (being linux <a computer>) instead of loading all of it at once.

Last edited:
Why the heck does the interior compressed file fail to extract everything in every single version of SRB2Wii? I get a long string of errors after extraction.

Don't try to extract it yourself. SRB2Wii uses it in a special way.

Thanks for your feedback, Retroben. I will have a play with the GameCube controller support myself with my two controllers and come up with an ideal configuration for SRB2 to use ;)

It's a bug in the USB mount and WAD find code, I have to fix it up. This will be done for the next release.

I just rechecked it and it says "mounting /dev/rvlsda1 on mnt/sd failed: No such file or directory" but I have the strange assumption that it means the Wiimote. I think it's reading the RVL-003 (Wiimote) as a USB or bluetooth device that cannot be detected because it's execution script and folder isn't available. I could never make sense of Linux's paths. They just don't make sense sometimes.

EDIT: I just realized something: Maybe I have a cIOS that isn't compatible? To find out, I installed an IOSanity app. I have all these IOSes installed/once installed.
36(rev1042)
249(rev7) once installed
223(rev4)
222(rev4)
202(rev4)
70(rev6687)
61(rev5661)
57(rev5661)
56(rev5405)
55(rev5406)
53(rev5406)
38(rev3867)
37(rev3869)
35(rev3349)
34(rev1039)
33(rev1040)
31(rev1040)
30(rev1040)
28(rev1550)
22(rev1037)
20(rev12)
17(rev512)
15(rev257)
14(rev520)
13(rev10)
12(rev6)
I'm also running SysMenu 3.2u. Think any of this falls under my problem?

Last edited:
It could not be the menu version because I am using 3.2u (downgraded to though) as well and it works fine for me.

I just rechecked it and it says "mounting /dev/rvlsda1 on mnt/sd failed: No such file or directory" but I have the strange assumption that it means the Wiimote. I think it's reading the RVL-003 (Wiimote) as a USB or bluetooth device that cannot be detected because it's execution script and folder isn't available. I could never make sense of Linux's paths. They just don't make sense sometimes.

EDIT: I just realized something: Maybe I have a cIOS that isn't compatible? To find out, I installed an IOSanity app. I have all these IOSes installed/once installed.
36(rev1042)
249(rev7) once installed
223(rev4)
222(rev4)
202(rev4)
70(rev6687)
61(rev5661)
57(rev5661)
56(rev5405)
55(rev5406)
53(rev5406)
38(rev3867)
37(rev3869)
35(rev3349)
34(rev1039)
33(rev1040)
31(rev1040)
30(rev1040)
28(rev1550)
22(rev1037)
20(rev12)
17(rev512)
15(rev257)
14(rev520)
13(rev10)
12(rev6)
I'm also running SysMenu 3.2u. Think any of this falls under my problem?

Uhh, what are you trying to do?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back