• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2CD

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't get favorable reviews, as I recall.

But difficulty isn't exactly an issue all the time - Castlevania is damned hard and it gets very high marks, assuming it's one of the 2D entries.

There is a fine line between hard and frustrating, and it depends on the player what that is. Some games, however, are outright cheap with deaths. For instance, a lot of recent Sonic games occasionally have the player run straight into an enemy at high velocity. It's often a question of whether the player feels that it's their own fault that they died or the game's fault.

Super Sonic 2005 said:
Games don't cheat... :roll:

I actually find that Sonic Drift 2 does, in a way.

It's programmed in a way so that CPU players in 2-4th place can catch up with the player. Go play Gems, and get a big speed boost with Metal Sonic or someone fast, and see for yourself.

Super Sonic 2005 said:
They do what they're programmed to do.
Unless you have a game called Sonic Action whose engine does what it wants and not what the programmer wants like it has an AI that wasn't programmed (but acts like it has one) and because of that you can't fix a stupid bug in the slopes that doesn't allow to you to jump :roll: (there is a reason for it doesn't being fixed yet)

Bigboi said:

It's programmed in a way so that CPU players in 2-4th place can catch up with the player. Go play Gems, and get a big speed boost with Metal Sonic or someone fast, and see for yourself.
But the game was programmed in that way (you fell yourself in your own trap). That was what was SuperSonic2005 talking about. :roll:

Bigboi said:
Super Sonic 2005 said:

Exactly. It does what it's programmed to do.

Sik said:
Super Sonic 2005 said:
They do what they're programmed to do.
Unless you have a game called Sonic Action whose engine does what it wants and not what the programmer wants like it has an AI that wasn't programmed (but acts like it has one) and because of that you can't fix a stupid bug in the slopes that doesn't allow to you to jump :roll: (there is a reason for it doesn't being fixed yet)

Maybe you just made a bad mistake?
A bug is something wrong with the program.
Games don't cheat.
It's impossible.

Yeah, Big Time Lollipop™s are great stuff. I'll have 300!

He's obviously saying that since the topic obviously hasn't been replied to in a millenia, it obviously has died. It should've been obvious, obviously.

I want to work on this, but I'm damn lazy. >_< I need a team of wadders and artists. Voulenteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back