• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Wireframes- LET THERE BE NO MORE RECOLORS!

Wire frame the Gliding and Flying Sprites?

• Yeah, do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's too much trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sykotic said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Sykotic said:
You can't read at all, so I'm not answering that question.
Trust me, I have read this atrocious topic and I have came up with the same conclusion that I had before. This is worthless to someone who cannot sprite. And it is also useless to someone who can sprite, which means they wouldn't need this. So, you spent all your time on this for nothing. The only characters I have seen out of this were those ugly human characters. Who really wants to play as that? No one.

Good day Guvna.

If someone wants to make a character, that's their own damn choice. It's not mine. It was MY choice to make them. It was THEIR choice to use them. So what if they aren't good enough for your rather ignorant standards. You can't fall down step if you don't try and get up. No, you're barring them from even trying to go up. You're trying to tell me that this is useless to people, but it's really not. People using this have been working HARD to do their things. It is not your choice to let them wad, it's their choice. This is what you do:

OFF

K?

For everyone else: Click and start up the damn steps.
Hm, Flame much? If you are too weak to take some simple advice without flaming, that makes you look even more pathetic. And my standards are apparently correct, what good is this without the ability to sprite, then you go and try to teach them to sprite, which doesn't make you little insignificant pack look any better. And no matter how hard people work on these, who would really play it as much as you say they will? Also, your topic contradicts itself, it says no more recolors but all you really did was make people able to make recolors in a different shape. Absolutley pointless. Next time, try something either original, or make something that will actually benefit the community.

BTW: Fish hook, your wad is an exception. That was the only wad that was actually worth downloading.

Double standard, eh? I completely agree with Sonow, as he makes the most sense in this topic. Hell, I'm surprised this is still alive.

People barely use them nowadays (because you took them off, which makes absolutely no sense), but the ones being made are usually disgraceful human characters with plain flat octogonal faces and rectangular clothing. You're wireframes promote the idea that character wads are more important, whether it be a mod, or someones first wad, people seem to go for the character first (even though it's harder than maps). Also, all of the ones in developement do not live and continue. So, it makes them waste their time with a useless (now semi-private/private I'm guessing) helper release, and sends them the wrong message. I have to admit that recolors haven't been coming in that often now, but it isn't because of these wireframes. I think that the noobs coming in this summer are all just leeches. Too lazy to make anything, but have enough determination to suck all of the wads they can find.

This is my advice, to the both of you.

Sykotic; cool down. Seriously. What you just said about double standards doesn't make sense, because apparently Sonow has been against it at the start. A double standard could also be classified as irony, or even hypocriticism, but I don't see Sonow doing any of that. All I see is common flamebait, and if you're going to release something and just take it down later, keep it on a private website or something, and benefit the people you like instead of releasing it and saying "Oh you have to PM me for it now," because that's totally pointless. If you don't like Sonow (it's plain to see), just don't talk to him, and keep off it.

Sonow; you're acting just as bad as he is. Admit it, you are doing exactly what he's doing. Although I believe you make more sense, you still aren't doing the right thing! He's right about some things, especially about how it isn't yours, or his choice to let them wad, it's their own choice, but the problem is that if he really is flaming you (or flamebaiting) you're falling for it. You'll end up just how you say he already is, pathetic.

The both of you need to work out your differences some other way than slinging mud back and forth. It isn't going anywhere, and it doesn't help any of your cases, and it actually makes you both frowned upon. I doubt you both want that. I mean, do you really need this kind of agression toward eachother?

No.

If you do not like one another, ignore the other person, and calm the hell down.

So, you're telling me, that, these characters suck because they're not your standard. This is very rofl and all, but I seem to recall you spamming stuff in other places. Sorry, Seggy-boy, but I'm not going to take you seriously. In fact, I knew it that the character wads coming in were gonna suck. Yes, I knew, and went with it anyway. Now, I still have the download up here. People are being lazy and irritating to me on the basis that the wads suck. Yeah, I know they suck. I'm not gonna do anything about it, they can do it.

In all honesty, I seriously don't expect them to finish the wads. Instead, the pack was made to give players a base to work around, to get a general feel of how a character works. How the hell do you think Zeshiro and CZ64 got legendary?

Side note: Seggy-boy, you backseat modded. This is a backseat mod, too :D

Okay.

Sykotic said:
So, you're telling me, that, these characters suck because they're not your standard.
That's strange, I never said that. I never said your wireframes sucked. Some of the characters made from them suck, but I never said anything about the wires themselves.

Sykotic said:
This is very rofl and all, but I seem to recall you spamming stuff in other places.
Spamming? What are you talking about?

Sykotic said:
Sorry, Seggy-boy, but I'm not going to take you seriously. In fact, I knew it that the character wads coming in were gonna suck. Yes, I knew, and went with it anyway. Now, I still have the download up here. People are being lazy and irritating to me on the basis that the wads suck. Yeah, I know they suck. I'm not gonna do anything about it, they can do it.
So, you're telling me you intentionally released this knowing nothing good would come out of it? That's... kind of messed up, don't you think?

Sykotic said:
In all honesty, I seriously don't expect them to finish the wads. Instead, the pack was made to give players a base to work around, to get a general feel of how a character works. How the hell do you think Zeshiro and CZ64 got legendary?
This is a very poor base. You should have given a little expansion on how they were used. Also, I think Zeshiro and CZ64 were never "legendary", but they were astonishing for the SRB2 community. They acquired that status by creating their own styles, not using someone elses.

Sykotic said:
Side note: Seggy-boy, you backseat modded. This is a backseat mod, too :D
Hm. I don't think I was backseat moderating (the rules still need to be updated btw), considering I never said, "Read the rules!" or "YOU BROKE A RULE ONOS" or even "THIS IS GOING TO BE LOCKED AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE BANNED LOLOL". I was just trying to settle a huge disagreement between two people. Hehe, I know you would love for me to be banned, but it's kind of sad that you would resort to using that kind of tactic, not to mention that what you posted wasn't a backseat moderation either.

In the case that you won't listen to anything I say, or take me seriously, I'm just going to give up. You do whatever you want Sykotic. Sonow, don't go for whatever he's getting at.

Oh and by the way, if I really am backseat moderating, then let this be my very last post here, as I don't feel I was meant to stay (it would be strike three, guys). It was nice, but I guess I asked for it.

If I'm going out, I'll go out noble. Good luck to everyone, and remember, never give up, no matter what the circumstances are.

Mint.png

Segmint said:
The both of you need to work out your differences some other way than slinging mud back and forth. It isn't going anywhere, and it doesn't help any of your cases, and it actually makes you both frowned upon. I doubt you both want that. I mean, do you really need this kind of agression toward eachother?

No.

If you do not like one another, ignore the other person, and calm the hell down.
Wins the damn topic.

Opposing sides banned for flaming. Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back