• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Wireframes- LET THERE BE NO MORE RECOLORS!

Wire frame the Gliding and Flying Sprites?

• Yeah, do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's too much trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

That's right. Making a pack of Wireframes from the Sonic PLR. It's been going on for some eight months now. It's been a long process and I'm only halfway through. Luckily, I've picked up on it. So yeah. No more recolors. Don't believe me?

playe3e7xx1.png

This was randomly taken from my SRB2 folder. I'm using the Wire frames to work on My Wrench.wad. Have fun and please encourage me with this project. Thank you.

I'll be constantly editing the first post to tell you the progress on the pack.

Some frames are exluded such as boredom poses. Those are all completely unique, so be uniqe with them. Edit the standing frames to your liking for your boredom poses.

---

Final release is here! No ability frames. Do those on your own.

Link Removed <3

Nice, I hope this ends all recolors. You should try puting a grey shading in it so we don't have people make characters that are ionly 1 color.

...You're not getting it? This thing is designed with one color so people can build on it. It's not getting an extra colot simply because it's a wireframe. It doesn't need shading.

It's a nice thought, but it won't stop recolors. The reason they recolor characters, is because their fancharacters are already that way, and it's so much easier to edit an already existing sprite, not to mention that most of the people that make recolors don't have experience with spriting...

It might help, but I doubt it will actually end the madness.

Yeah, but he's designing these for fan characters, so you won't have to rip off sonic anymore.

Segmint said:
It's a nice thought, but it won't stop recolors. The reason they recolor characters, is because their fancharacters are already that way, and it's so much easier to edit an already existing sprite, not to mention that most of the people that make recolors don't have experience with spriting...

It might help, but I doubt it will actually end the madness.

I remember back when Ash asked me to make a character wad- out of the freakin' blue too. It had pillow shading, but I was halfway done when I quit it. I no longer have anything relatin' to it. Back then, I had to make a Wireframe before I made the frame itself. I figured they would come in handy someday. Look where they are now; they're gonna' be released so people can make wads out of them and stop recoloring Sonic.

Shuffle said:
Bah, I liked the old outline sprites better, but the guy that started working on them never finished.
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=5045&highlight=outline

I think this would be a great way to do it:
likethisbp0.png

Anyways, just make sure to make your wireframes green so you can change colors in netgames.

heh yeah, i did that, but it took too long as in mspaint is only just simple. if you like, i could carry on with it cause i still have the sprites

How long till this is released?
It's pretty awesome, and I plan on using it. Now, only if there was sprites of a Tails singular tail wireframe... Without a body. Just a tail.

Great idea. And a lot less time consuming that what I was doing. But still, my concern is variety. Using the pre-existing frames as an outlne would still basically make it an edit of the original. At best you'd end up with something similar to Senku.wad (No offense to Senku who did a very good job with editing.)

I'm kinda' aware of that, Zesh. I may also get tails flight frames, and (painstakingly) get Knuckles glide frames. I'm probably also gonna separate the frames so the folder should be easier to manage.

What's ironic is that I was actually wadding this at one time with Senku.wad as place-holders. O.o

Thank you for pointing out my error, Segmint. I may start a poll on whether or not I should get the glide and flight frames.

I feel you shouldn't actually. As some (ok, all) may not know, I'm trying to create a character wad too... and, it's not going well. I like it when the glide/flight frames are totally unique, to fit the characters' personalities, attributes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back