SRB2 v2.2.11 Patch Release

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by SeventhSentinel.

Hello everybody! We’re happy to inform you that another fantastic SRB2 update has landed on your doorstep. Here are the key changes in SRB2 v2.2.11:

• Removed the framerate limit: Using interpolation, SRB2 can now run at far more than 35fps, allowing for smoother looking 60fps gameplay (or much higher on supported monitors). You can set a custom limit at the bottom of Video Options.
  • Fixed error 503: This prevented some players from accessing the ingame Master Server browser. If you’ve been having trouble using the Master Server, give it another try.
  • Support larger characters in ERZ: Addon characters with large collision boxes, such as Ryder the Falcon, can now complete ERZ. We introduced some new gravity-related elements you can add to your maps as a part of this fix. Read about them here.
  • Added support for the Universal Doom Map Format (UDMF): UDMF is a more flexible and powerful map format that allows for easier editing and more complex level designs. This long-awaited feature is a game-changer for mappers, opening up new possibilities for custom levels.
    • The implementation isn’t set in stone. We intend to make changes to it based on mappers’ feedback if necessary.
    • The UDMF map editor is not complete. Until it is complete, you can find the latest build pinned in #udmf on our Discord server.
    • You can convert your existing map to the new format, but older levels should continue to work as normal (let us know if they don’t!)
    • UDMF maps are allowed to be submitted to the OLDC!
  • Better rendering in large levels: Levels that used to break the renderer by the sheer size of their rooms should be far more visually stable now.
  • Improved Lua command/cvar safety and added basic rate limitation for Lua file access: Helps prevent addons from writing too much data to hard disk, among other things.

There are plenty of other bug fixes and other improvements. Check out the changelog for a complete list.

We appreciate your continued support and feedback as we work on our favorite project. You would probably appreciate heading over to our downloads page to get the new patch and start playing. Enjoy!

View on SRB2.org

I'm having problems with my controller. I slow down occasionally, My left trigger won't respond correctly, and when I press the windows button it pauses the game instead of taking me to the start menu. this update is weird I need help.

Yay new SRB2 update, downloading this ASAP

EDIT: uncapped FPS omg I love this

EDIT #2: and servers still crashing, gg

Last edited:
One of the best releases in SRB2's history in my opinion. The combination of Uncapped and UDMF will revolutionize the way the game is played and how its maps are made. Congratulations to the team for persevering until release time.

Now then, here is to a high-performance dev. cycle for 2.2.12, as there is still a lot of exploration to do with the UDMF format for starters (as it does not possess the limitation of the old Doom Binary format).

now make it run at 60 ticks-per-second
In all seriousness, even being just visually at 60fps makes it feel SO much smoother. Holy cow. Maybe one day SRB2 will be truly frame-independent, but until (see also: if) that day comes, this is an amazingly implemented compromise! Also I'm SUPER happy that UDMF is finally officially in. The last patch had a few bits and pieces of the implementation, but now everything is in (even though things about it can and probably will change.)

Okey.
Too later i talking for you but my pc is be back!
And.

1: 60 fps
For me looks too fast for me and im not know why.
Plus my pc too old for this.
I'll with 35 fps.
2: Fixed error 503
Oh god thanks!
3: Support larger characters in ERZ: Addon characters with large collision boxes, such as Ryder the Falcon, can now complete ERZ.
okey thanks too
4: Added support for the Universal Doom Map Format (UDMF).
Well go waiting new levels with him.
5: Better rendering in large levels: Levels that used to break the renderer by the sheer size of their rooms should be far more visually stable now.
And?
6: Improved Lua command/cvar safety and added basic rate limitation for Lua file access.
Maybe i'll no see what happened,
But now every second addon srb2 swear!
warning a p_teleportmove a removed.
I don't envy srb2 addon creators.
Let's wait bugs fixs!

Edit: tell me if I said something wrong

I'm having problems with my controller. I slow down occasionally, My left trigger won't respond correctly, and when I press the windows button it pauses the game instead of taking me to the start menu. this update is weird I need help.
That might be a problem with your controller...

That might be a problem with your controller...
Maybe it might be the PC or OS itself. I tried to play Sonic World DX with a controller that worked fine in other games but not Sonic World DX as it seemed to have the left trigger constantly being pressed at all times with the controller connected. At that time, I had a version of Windows 10 that was kind of one you probably have never seen before, because of the circumstances of whatever laptop I was using. Maybe it was the OS, maybe it was the laptop itself.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back