SRB2 Uncapped PLUS

SRB2 Uncapped PLUS 12

Fafabis updated SRB2 Uncapped PLUS with a new update entry:

SRB2U+ Version number 12

I will eventually release the latest server build of SRB2U+ here if there are any major changes or bug fixes.
This one has quite a lot of fixes and some pretty hot changes.

Changelog:
  • Fixed OpenGL viewport stretching at high resolutions
  • Fixed sound effects shifting
  • Fixed discord invites not working
  • Updated EXE with the uncapped plus logo
  • Implemented custom character support on rich presence
  • Experimental Lua...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So I don't know what's going on, but every single time I open uncapped plus, the screen freezes but the game is still running in the background.
If you Alt+Tab out and Alt+Tab back in, it just resorts to a black screen.
1631662323911.png

Okay version 12 is definitely way broken for me. The worst I experienced in older builds was some stuttering and input lag in certain maps (like CEZ2), but everything was mostly butter-smooth. But now I get the most awful judder. As a test, I had Sonic run side-to-side in version 9 and again in version 12. Version 9 was smooth; with version 12 he seems to "warp" forward as if the interpolation couldn't keep up. I notice my TPS and FPS plummet when this happens, so I suppose that has something to do with it. But I can't figure out why interpolation performance is so much worse in this build vs earlier builds. All my settings are the same.

srb20022.gif

Edit: More jank, now with the menus. Everything is suuuuper sluggish, selection boxes don't line up with title cards, pressing left sends the selection box right and vice versa, or the box just won't move at all. It makes it almost impossible to select anything.

srb20028.gif

Last edited:
Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to add my request from the other Uncapped thread to this one:

Please, please consider making x64 Windows builds of Uncapped PLUS. I know you said it was confusing to some users and doesn't benefit Windows. But believe me when I tell you it is NIGHT and DAY for me, a Windows 10 user playing on a Surface Pro.

As you can see from the post above this one, I get shite performance on the x86 version of Uncapped PLUS v12 running in Software. Stutter, judder, input lag, you name it. However, I just tried your Uncapped v1.1.1 x64 build from July (took all but 30 seconds to backup and swap out my DLLs, not complicated at all) and I am now getting double, sometimes triple, my FPS in Software, especially on the most taxing maps.

For example, the courtyard in CEZ2 drops me to 15-20 TPS/FPS in the latest Uncapped PLUS v12. I actually get better performance in the older Uncapped PLUS v9 and Uncapped v2.0, averaging 29-33 TPS and 25-31 FPS. Now Uncapped v1.1.1 64-bit, on the other hand, keeps me at a near solid 35 TPS and 40-45 FPS in that same courtyard. And the rest of the map averages out to 55-60 FPS give or take.

It's amazing; x64 runs like a dream for me. I would use it full-time but apparently it has jitter issues that were later fixed (never happened to me though), doesn't interpolate lua objects and moving platforms, and lacks features like dynres and rich presence.

Last edited:
Fangames exist in somewhat of a legal grey zone, but as soon as you bring money into it, it's over. Even just your offer of payment, which hasn't been asked for, could get the wrong sort of attention on SRB2 if it somehow spread to the wrong person.

So, like, don't do that.

Last edited:
Fangames exist in somewhat of a legal grey zone, but as soon as you bring money into it, it's over. Even just your offer of payment, which hasn't been asked for, could get the wrong sort of attention on SRB2 if it somehow spread to the wrong person.

So, like, don't do that.

Plenty of fan developers have Patreons, and many argue it sidesteps the matter of profiting directly off IP. But if this MB has rules against supporting artists on such platforms, then so be it. I've deleted that line in my post. Feel free to delete your quote of that line, and that'll be the end of that.

Seems like the latest builds are quite broken for others and not just me, eh?
Build #9 is the last one that works properly for me. #10 doesn't even boot up, and #11/12 break the SRB2Randomizer (which I use quite often), making badniks/rings teleport to the level's origin shortly after the map loads, making badniks multiply/not get replaced and overall makes it very broken. There's a chance this isn't the only mod that those builds break.

And yes, I have eliminated the possibility of it being other scripts, in the GIF below, I only have the randomizer loaded.

srb21534.gif

Hey, I have a question/request (depends on how you take this comment)
Do you think you can make a version for android? Kinda like the thing you did with (the original) srb2 uncapped? If you could, God, that would would amazing and lovely to see. If you don't have the time/can't do it, (or maybe because it just isn't possible,) then thats totally ok! Just wondering if you maybe could. Once again, that would be incredible.
Post automatically merged:

(Sorry for lousy repost, just hoping you would see and respond)

Hey, I have a question/request (depends on how you take this comment)
Do you think you can make a version for android? Kinda like the thing you did with (the original) srb2 uncapped? If you could, God, that would would amazing and lovely to see. If you don't have the time/can't do it, (or maybe because it just isn't possible,) then thats totally ok! Just wondering if you maybe could. Once again, that would be incredible.

Last edited:
How do I add Discord RPC support to a Linux x64 build? I think I have the right library but I don't know where to put it for it to compile with it properly.

How do I add Discord RPC support to a Linux x64 build? I think I have the right library but I don't know where to put it for it to compile with it properly.
Try to compile and install libdiscord-rpc.so and its header files globally with this commands:
git clone --depth 1 --branch master https://github.com/discord/discord-rpc.git discord-rpc cmake -S discord-rpc -B discord-rpc/build -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local sudo cmake --build discord-rpc/build --config Release --target install
They should be in "/usr/local/lib64/libdiscord-rpc.so" "/usr/local/include/discord_rpc.h" "/usr/local/include/discord_register.h"

Then compile SRB2 Uncapped Plus in its source code directory with:
LIBGME_CFLAGS= LIBGME_LDFLAGS=-lgme make -j$(($(nproc) + 1)) -C src LINUX64=1 NOUPX=1 HAVE_DISCORDRPC=1

Last edited:
Hey all, I'd like to compile this for Android. Is that possible, and if so, are there any special steps or considerations involved with that?

Seams cool but I don't want to have to wait EVEN longer for SRB2 updates and I don't want to deal with issues caused by the mod.

Seams cool but I don't want to have to wait EVEN longer for SRB2 updates and I don't want to deal with issues caused by the mod.
you're able to disable every one of the build's individual features, and you have the option to leave yourself with just the bare minimum srb2 experience with discord rpc and dynamic resolution. i, personally, leave interpolation off but keep palette rendering on to preserve the software look whenever i use opengl.
the point is, you should give it a try before making judgements like these

i really like this mod, but i cant get the newest version from srb2.moooo.com. my web browser said it refused to connect.

Can you update this for 2.2.10 pretty please? The 35 fps of the base game is killing my eyes after being spoiled with this massive improvement X.X

Can you update this for 2.2.10 pretty please? The 35 fps of the base game is killing my eyes after being spoiled with this massive improvement X.X
He will do it if or when he wants to
People have lifes outside of modding remember that

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back