• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: The Arcade Levels (W.I.P)

Can we get a version of the hud standalone? Also why is the timer not the same style as the rest of the hud?
Since the level timer will only appear during Record Attack and netgames, I didn't feel the need to give the timer new graphics. Also perhaps I might release the HUD onto the MB by itself once AL is finished, but I'll most likely need to create new graphics for it. (i.e new meters for the other abilities, life icons for the rest of the vanilla cast, and a proper timer graphic.)
Post automatically merged:

More Ryu Practice.
ryuref2.png

Last edited:
Since the level timer will only appear during Record Attack and netgames, I didn't feel the need to give the timer new graphics. Also perhaps I might release the HUD onto the MB by itself once AL is finished, but I'll most likely need to create new graphics for it. (i.e new meters for the other abilities, life icons for the rest of the vanilla cast, and a proper timer graphic.)

More Ryu Practice.
View attachment 64105
It's also used in Mvc1 (referring to the ryu sprite)

Heya, sorry bout the inactivity here, progress has been pretty slow lately. But I am still chipping away at the Fightbots.
I've decided to scale back the design of the Fightbots a bit, instead of giving them entire outfits to distinguish who they're representing, I've instead opted to give them little hats and change the color of their joints to distinguish them.
1647525002004.png

I realized that the sprites would take forever to finish since I have 12 fighters to represent, plus 32 base sprites to draw over, plus all new sprites for the moves associated with that character. The project wouldn't go anywhere if I continued with giving the fightbots unique outfits.

Long time no see. So I took a break from workin on the Fightbots to work on the map a bit.
Screenshot 2022-03-26 094519.png

I added this little optional section where you can get a 1-UP by doing some really tight platforming!
srb20152.png
srb20153.png

But work fast though, as while you're platforming on the small pillars, a door will slowly close off the 1-UP!
The optional platforming section will lead to an area where you can pick up some other extra goodies.

And incase you're wondering about the Fightbots, I've started on Fightbot-R's Hadouken sprites.
1648302879784.png

Get ready for my Sunday best.
srb20154.png

Last edited:
Long time no see. So I took a break from workin on the Fightbots to work on the map a bit.
View attachment 65606
I added this little optional section where you can get a 1-UP by doing some really tight platforming!
View attachment 65607View attachment 65608
But work fast though, as while you're platforming on the small pillars, a door will slowly close off the 1-UP!
The optional platforming section will lead to an area where you can pick up some other extra goodies.

And incase you're wondering about the Fightbots, I've started on Fightbot-R's Hadouken sprites.
View attachment 65609

Get ready for my Sunday best.
View attachment 65620
Mvc2!!!!

Updated intro.
srb20064.gif

This part of the intro is a reference to the legal warning screens in arcade games.
Many arcade games on startup would show a legal warning, stating that using the machine in question other than the country/territory it was made for could be illegal.
1649081215405.png

Sometimes these messages would be subject to mistranslations. Donpachi, a vertical shooter developed by Cave, famously mistranslated "law" as "jam" in its legal warning, and so this screen has become a meme in the franchises community.
1649081297309.png

Updated intro.
View attachment 66354
This part of the intro is a reference to the legal warning screens in arcade games.
Many arcade games on startup would show a legal warning, stating that using the machine in question other than the country/territory it was made for could be illegal.
View attachment 66355
Sometimes these messages would be subject to mistranslations. Donpachi, a vertical shooter developed by Cave, famously mistranslated "law" as "jam" in its legal warning, and so this screen has become a meme in the franchises community.
View attachment 66356
well what happens when we colonize mars? does that mean we can't play it up there?

I'm still alive and I'm still chipping away at the Fightbots. While the MB was down, I managed to finish FightBot-R!
srb20184.png

srb20076.gif
srb20075.gif
srb20074.gif

I've also decided to have some extra fightbots as well, ones that represent characters that aren't from Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I haven't fully decided on what characters to choose, but I have a few ideas.
One of them will be from Melty Blood.

Attachments

• srb20076.gif
    srb20076.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 68
Ok, so I've got a list of characters that I'll be representing as extra Fightbots.
(List not final)
  • Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat
  • Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury
  • Tohno Shiki from Melty Blood/Tsukihime
  • Street Fighter 1 Ryu
  • Fulgore from Killer Instinct
Keep in mind that this list isn't final, I'll maybe add in 1 or 2 more, and feel free to make suggestions!

I already liked the whole "Arcade-themed" inspiration and idea for this level pack, but the full extent of the jam absolutely sold me on this; best of luck on this!!

Last edited:
Ok, so I've got a list of characters that I'll be representing as extra Fightbots.
(List not final)
  • Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat
  • Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury
  • Tohno Shiki from Melty Blood/Tsukihime
  • Street Fighter 1 Ryu
  • Fulgore from Killer Instinct
Keep in mind that this list isn't final, I'll maybe add in 1 or 2 more, and feel free to make suggestions!
How bout Captain Falcon?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back