[Open Assets] SRB2 Riders 2.46.5

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also use XWE, and like I said, I even directly recopied the wad with no external modifications.

EDIT: Also, Karts (Speed ones, mainly) seriously accelerate way too fast. The differences in character acceleration differ far too little to use anything but speed types.

Last edited:
GLITCH:
In Generic Greens, when players climb to the right of the Starting Line, there's an exit sector. Please fix this.

Oh, question; how can I set the Heroes and Babylon cups to start at different map numbers? SRB2 proper does that, but nothing works for this mod. Also, is it possible to give players specific powerups, like by SOC or by Custom Power? what are the Thing and state numbers for the Mario Kart items? Is there a way to set the tics for the star powerup? And where's the SOC data anyway? I looked in the .ridr files and found nothing.

Last edited:
I found something that doesn't work. If you set the "nextmap" to random in a server, it will still go in map order.

I got a question. why cant i connect to the master server on srb2riders? i can host on regular srb2 with no problem but on srb2riders it tells me cant connect to the master sever. same thing when i try going on netgames this is very annoying think u can help me? please and thanks if u can.

I got a question. why cant i connect to the master server on srb2riders? i can host on regular srb2 with no problem but on srb2riders it tells me cant connect to the master sever. same thing when i try going on netgames this is very annoying think u can help me? please and thanks if u can.
It Works for me. I dont know why it can not for you.

So, I always felt Power types and Fly types were considerably shittier than Speed types in Kart mode, and not just because of the top speed. I didn't know why at first, but after testing to see if Fly types could make my gaps, I noticed something. Something very bad.

In Karts mode, EVERYONE'S ACCELERATION IS THE SAME

If it is at all distinguishable, it is only by a few milliseconds due to speed types needing to go to 60 while everyone else skates around 50. Character balance is completely ruined in Kart mode, as the top speed is still different between characters. Either fix acceleration between characters or just make everyone play the same so the remainder of the roster isn't useless in karts (even if the latter is very unappealing).

I've noticed this before, but always put it off. In 2P mode with Sonic and Tails, Sonic still has a faster acceleration. The only thing Tails has is faster Accelstart.

This is how I think it should be:
Speed = Slow Accel, top speed, slow movement in grass
Fly = Fast Accel, slow speed, fast movement in grass
Power = Medium, Medium, Medium.

Accelstart will be the same for everyone, and the top speed won't be dramatically different.

CZ64, are you considering balancing Mario Kart items next update?
I mean, it's been suggested one-million times, but I don't think you've replied to one person IIRC.

Last edited:
Yeah, items. For some reason, Red Shells and Mushrooms are low rarity instead of medium (with Bob-ombs being the only medium). DKart's latest update makes the two items medium, but this really should be in Riders proper. DKarts also makes invincibility last half as long. Perhaps Karts could have its own invincibility timer?

It's not even the rarity of the items in general. It should depend on what place your in like the Real Mario Kart games. I should NEVER, FREAKING, EVER, get a star, mega-shroom, or bo-bomb in 1st place. EVER. Same thing about getting a banana past 3rd place.

Very minor issue: Blaze's falling-after-springing sprites while in a footrace have a color issue.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 331
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 381
It's not even the rarity of the items in general. It should depend on what place your in like the Real Mario Kart games. I should NEVER, FREAKING, EVER, get a star, mega-shroom, or bo-bomb in 1st place. EVER. Same thing about getting a banana past 3rd place.

Actually, I do recall getting bob-ombs in first in Double Dash, and I was sad they left the first place spot in later games since they actually made quite an effect for the pack lead. Some games let you get a Red Shell and even a mushroom in first. But yeah, something is amiss when you can call lightning from the head.

Last edited:
Actually, I do recall getting bob-ombs in first in Double Dash, and I was sad they left the first place spot in later games since they actually made quite an effect for the pack lead.Some games let you get a Red Shell and even a mushroom in first.
CZ should follow the most reasonable games then. Mushrooms are distinctively much more powerful in this mod.

Personally, I can't wait if he's balancing out the items. People in later places (not me, just those poor defenseless new guys and people that screw up =P) will FINALLY have a chance to catch back up. Resulting in more interesting races, less people shouting "restart" in netgames, and a small benefit for losers.

I kind of liked getting some of the better items while in first.. I always hated how in mario kart you would always just get bananas... I agree it needs balanced out, just not as much as Mario kart.

I kind of liked getting some of the better items while in first.. I always hated how in mario kart you would always just get bananas... I agree it needs balanced out, just not as much as Mario kart.
As much as some people like it, it's cheap though. And it helps to get more bananas and fake items because your meant to defend your place the hard way, not by running off with mushrooms and stars merrily and not giving anyone else a chance.

I'm saying balance it out, but just not as much. So have bombs appear more, and an occasional mushroom.

As much as some people like it, it's cheap though. And it helps to get more bananas and fake items because your meant to defend your place the hard way, not by running off with mushrooms and stars merrily and not giving anyone else a chance.
I can't believe that you're saying that giving the leading players a chance to maintain their position and the lagging players a reason to get better at the game cheap. It's better off the way it is because it's a fair game for everyone playing.
It annoys me when people assume that whatever stupid item selection rules Mario Kart uses are the best option simply because they're the most common, and it annoys me moreso when people decide that any item set in existence should arbitrary adhere to them.

(It's also annoying when people use the word your incorrectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back