SRB2 Mac OS X Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExAstris said:
An app-only release of yours might be nice - but I'll dl the whole thing again anyhow :S

I will release a small update and an app-only release later tooday ...

Is there a reason that Sappharad's port works fine, but any other port (SRB2CB, AlamGBC's port, etc.) always gives me this?

Code:
Process:         Srb2mac [300]
Path:            /Applications/SRB2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Srb2mac
Identifier:      com.yourcompany.Srb2mac
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [178]

Interval Since Last Report:          59 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Date/Time:       2009-07-25 10:42:58.309 -0600
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  EA461277-593B-4B23-A440-9B7F1FAA2FB6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /Users/alam/Library/Frameworks/libpng.framework/Versions/1.2.38/libpng
  Referenced from: /Applications/SRB2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/MacOS/Srb2mac
  Reason: image not found

I can't even open Alam's. Sappharad's is playable but it crashes when I try to go into full screen or switch resolution. So it's really small.

SRB2 for Mac never worked in full screen for me, but I can switch resolutions as long as it's a smaller one than my screen.

I am having trouble with when I change resolutions. The window is never centered. Not even if I make it default, then open it up again.

Edit: Does OpenGL work in the Mac version? I'd really rather play in that mode.

Cheese said:
Is there a reason that Sappharad's port works fine, but any other port (SRB2CB, AlamGBC's port, etc.) always gives me this?[/code]
Alam probably didn't compile his libpng properly to work as an embedded framework. That means his build will only work on his machine, unless you install libpng to your system. (I always test my builds on a fresh install of OS X to ensure they'll work for others, since I've had his problem in the past.)

If you know how, you might be able to replace his copy of libpng.framework with mine. Otherwise, as I said earlier I'll post my own build of 2.0.1 tonight.

If not, I've posted my build of 2.0.1.
There are also crappy instructions on how to upgrade to 2.0.1 using the "application only" download if you already have 2.0.0.
(Same link as before, http://projects.sappharad.com/srb2_mac/)

I'll keep doing my builds as long as
1. Alam's builds don't work as well as mine.
2. Alam's builds aren't linked on the main site.

Hopefully this is my last build then.

AlamGBC said:
Sappharad said:
Alam probably didn't compile his libpng properly to work as an embedded framework.

I think I fixed that now
http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=339239#339239

I downloaded SRB2Mac Full, and it didn't work.

And if Sappharad stops making builds, please use his icon. SRB2's 32x32 icon really doesn't fit.

Edit: Sappharad's port has a little problem (on my computer, atleast) which makes Castle Eggman Zone impossible. Any of the swinging chains that don't go around in a circle, stops in the middle and only swings to one direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back