SRB2 Kart Bots? Oh my god! Player Bot Mod

SRB2 Kart Bots? Oh my god! Player Bot Mod Version 1 (Beta)

If you're talking about the developer of PlayerBot, he got banned because he had been caught porting other people's work without consent, and continued to do it after the mods and admins told him several times to stop.
omega oof. thats whatcha get, ya bastard.

There's a zone in the pack called PlayerBot Menu, and I immediately uninstalled the mod because of that stage's icon. It freaked me out and I don't think I'm ever going to be able to play this hack like that. This is certainly overreacting but I'm very, very sensitive to this kind of thing.
If that's allowed, I may go in to my WAD file of the mod and remove it.

There's a zone in the pack called PlayerBot Menu, and I immediately uninstalled the mod because of that stage's icon. It freaked me out and I don't think I'm ever going to be able to play this hack like that. This is certainly overreacting but I'm very, very sensitive to this kind of thing.
If that's allowed, I may go in to my WAD file of the mod and remove it.
What was the icon?

What was the icon?
Since I have a horrible memory and I feel like I'm perpetually dreaming, this may not be accurate, but when I loaded the mod, the image for the Player Bot Setup from the local multiplayer was a person's face from the side looking towards me with a strange expression, all in an otherwise black void.
Whether or not that's accurate I can't tell, since I'm too nervous to redownload and load up the mod to check. I got the courage up poke around in the WAD but I couldn't find anything for the file.
I downloaded the mod from the download button on the mod's page.
Sorry for the long reply!

Since I have a horrible memory and I feel like I'm perpetually dreaming, this may not be accurate, but when I loaded the mod, the image for the Player Bot Setup from the local multiplayer was a person's face from the side looking towards me with a strange expression, all in an otherwise black void.
Whether or not that's accurate I can't tell, since I'm too nervous to redownload and load up the mod to check. I got the courage up poke around in the WAD but I couldn't find anything for the file.
That wasn't very long reply lol. I don't think that's something that would be in the mod's files as I would've heard something about that a while ago or this mod wouldn't have been accepted if it was that disturbing

That wasn't very long reply lol. I don't think that's something that would be in the mod's files as I would've heard something about that a while ago or this mod wouldn't have been accepted if it was that disturbing
It's not so much disturbing, just creepy. If you haven't seen it, assuming you've played the mod, then I worry I'm going crazy, which doesn't seem at all unlikely.

It's not so much disturbing, just creepy. If you haven't seen it, assuming you've played the mod, then I worry I'm going crazy, which doesn't seem at all unlikely.
The icon of the person looking off to the side is derived from the emoji of the same picture that's used on Kart Krew's official Discord server. It replaces the question mark graphic used in vanilla SRB2 for maps that don't have level select pictures.

I don't really play SRB2K that much, but I'm involved in the community

The icon of the person looking off to the side is derived from the emoji of the same picture that's used on Kart Krew's official Discord server. It replaces the question mark graphic used in vanilla SRB2 for maps that don't have level select pictures.
Oh no. I guess I need to add an icon to the map to get rid of it. I'm probably overreacting again, but I really hope they change it soon.

Since the developer of this mod got banned, does that mean there won't be any future updates for this mod? That really sucks because I was looking forward to future updates with single screen support, or difficulty settings for the bots, etc.

Since the developer of this mod got banned, does that mean there won't be any future updates for this mod? That really sucks because I was looking forward to future updates with single screen support, or difficulty settings for the bots, etc.
Seeing that he's been banned for porting other people's work, that would most likely be a yes.

That's actually the default icon for any map that doesn't have a icon for it lol
So...yes, the developer of this mod didn't actually give a icon to that map, which is why that shows up.

I heard of possibly someone else reworking the mod on their own, which already sounds great in both improvements and cleanup. But an official update from this dev? That's very likely to not happen; dev barely provided any documentation for how to use it or make maps compatible either.

I don't know what the progress is in that mod, but I've actually got Grand Metropolis Zone working with bots, and I want to extend map support for it, as I like playing in splitscreen with the bots myself and I wanted to play on more courses.

I heard of possibly someone else reworking the mod on their own, which already sounds great in both improvements and cleanup. But an official update from this dev? That's very likely to not happen; dev barely provided any documentation for how to use it or make maps compatible either.
It's extremely easy to make maps work with bots. Map data for the base game to work with bots is stored in KL_Player_Bot_Maps-V1.pk3 in individual .wad files (it comes with all tracks in the game, and they are all are unmodified aside from the first 9). I exported the wads, opened up ZoneEditor, and I followed this tutorial.

When done, I reimport the edited wads back into the KL_Player_Bot_Maps-V1.pk3 file.

You need to testdrive on the maps constantly so you can catch bad behavior and do a lot of trial and error, and perhaps also play on harder difficulty levels in case the increased speed causes strange behavior.

How tragic it is to see the creator of this mod get banned!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back