SRB2 Golf

SRB2 Golf v0.6.2.1

JonBaxter submitted a new resource:

SRB2 Golf - Compete with your friends in zany golf courses!

Because someone had to do it!

SRB2 Golf is a gametype heavily inspired by 2.0's exe mod XSRB2 by Inuyasha, where you could transform the game into a fun match of mini-golf!

This mod aims to facilitate the creation of golf courses with multiple holes per course, a complete scoring system, position-based checkpoints, badly and barely reworked physics, low putts and high putts akin to Kirby's Dream Course and, of course, multiplayer!

There are still more features to be added to...

Read more about this resource...

JonBaxter updated SRB2 Golf with a new update entry:

Version 0.5.2

Some course and physics adjustments have been made based on player feedback:
  • Added rings to Aether Shrine
  • Made Aether Shrine easier overall
    • Walls have been made higher in courses where players could easily launch themselves off the edges
    • Ring trails have been added to some courses to point out optimal paths
    • Shortened course 6
    • Course 8 has been made considerably less evil
  • Grounded wall bounces have been made slightly more responsive
  • Fixed a small...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Version 0.6

Support for shield powers is here!

View attachment 45248

• Added support for shield powers in golf courses. Players who pick up shields can use their powers by pressing spinwhile in the air
    • By default shields are lost when a player finishes a course. If you want your players to keep their shields into the next holes, add Lua.CarryShield = true to your level header.
  • Spectator mode should now work properly to allow players to...

Version 0.6.1

This update introduces a small "controls" sliding list to the top-right of the screen that can be toggled by pressing the Toss Flag key, as indicated by the sliding list itself.

View attachment 45325

This handy dandy list should go away after 45 seconds of inactivity, but can be summoned back at any time by pressing Toss Flag again.

• Added sliding controls list
  • Players should no longer be able to hear other players toggling their High Putt mode
  • Removed...

Version 0.6.1

This update introduces a small "controls" sliding list to the top-right of the screen that can be toggled by pressing the Toss Flag key, as indicated by the sliding list itself.

View attachment 45347

This handy dandy list should go away after 45 seconds of inactivity, but can be summoned back at any time by pressing Toss Flag again.

• Added sliding controls list
  • Players should no longer be able to hear other players toggling their High Putt mode
  • Removed...

Version 0.6.2

Plenty of fixes this time, including a way to hopefully allow players using the Simple control scheme to play golf normally.

• Added a system similar to PlayersForExit, allowing server hosts to decide how many players to wait for before a map change countdown begins: 3/4, half, 1/4 or all player.
    • Added the playersforgolfexit command to allow changing the needed number of players before the level exit countdown.

• Tweaked course 8 (AGAIN) to allow players to complete it without resorting to High Putt mode.
Uhhh... I did hole-in-two Course 8 with only Low Putt even on 0.6 (first putt was getting one of the Force Shields).
Maybe you meant "Tweaked course 8 (AGAIN) to allow players to complete it without the Force Shield, without resorting to High Putt mode."

Uhhh... I did hole-in-two Course 8 with only Low Putt even on 0.6 (first putt was getting one of the Force Shields).
Maybe you meant "Tweaked course 8 (AGAIN) to allow players to complete it without the Force Shield, without resorting to High Putt mode."
Not quite. Previously, players who failed the first putt from a higher position and found themselves in the "lower area" between the starting area and the hole area would not be able to get out without a High Putt because of the walls surrounding them. I addressed that in this patch to allow players who fall down there to still be able to make their way out easily.

If you're wondering why I don't want people getting stuck there it's because players almost never (ever ever EVER) read the instructions, get stuck down there and endlessly complain "WOW THIS HOLE SUCKS HUH" until they either log off or someone else tells them the controls. I know this is technically my fault for not making high putts easier but THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE RIGHT THERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

anyway, better high putt controls are in my mental to-do list.

Not quite. Previously, players who failed the first putt from a higher position and found themselves in the "lower area" between the starting area and the hole area would not be able to get out without a High Putt because of the walls surrounding them. I addressed that in this patch to allow players who fall down there to still be able to make their way out easily.

If you're wondering why I don't want people getting stuck there it's because players almost never (ever ever EVER) read the instructions, get stuck down there and endlessly complain "WOW THIS HOLE SUCKS HUH" until they either log off or someone else tells them the controls. I know this is technically my fault for not making high putts easier but THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE RIGHT THERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

anyway, better high putt controls are in my mental to-do list.
oh hm

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back