SRB2 Generations

SRB2 Generations v1.02b

I think it would have been better to playtest this with the publically available version of Modern Sonic, it seems this was playtested with v6 which is why some issues with him are appearing.
 
I think it would have been better to playtest this with the publically available version of Modern Sonic, it seems this was playtested with v6 which is why some issues with him are appearing.
No. This project is entirely made with v5 in mind. I only got access to v6 by the middle of Egg Rock's development and no earlier than that.
 
srb20026.png

What is this thing supposed to do ?
 
hellooooo!
i just came here to post the raw hud sprites i did for this mod. and some scrapped and unused stuff too!
Screenshot_2025-10-22_145026.png
almost everything i've is present in this image, there were some shapes/elements i've done too.
Screenshot_2025-10-20_155210.png
here's an element that was supposed to be at the corner of the level select sprite, but it really didn't look good.. i was kind of sad because it actually looked really gold on its own lol.

[ignore the audio lmao]
here's a funny story, when i was first spriting this "play stage" thing, i made two variations of it. a gold one and a silver one. the gold one was when the mouse cursor was over it, the silver one was when the mouse cursor was not hovering over it... but the thing is you can use your mouse on menus like that and i had only realized once i finished the sprites and sent it over to table [whitesky] and darknessstylus :(
Screenshot_20251103_175822_ibisPaint X.jpg
this? i don't even know what i was doing. these are just thicker versions of the normal arrows beside the back/next button.
Screenshot_20251103_181410_YouTube.jpg
these shapes are also outdated. i couldn't get a better screenshot due to me not having my pc.
Screenshot_20251103_182053_ibisPaint X.jpg
the sprites circled here are some sprites i want to or could've sprited myself. maybe in a patch or second update, it's up to whitesky and darknessstylus.
this mod definitely has some of my best sprites, and thanks to simon on discord for telling me to either these. it definitely looks way better.
anyways, bye!!!
 
whitesky updated SRB2 Generations with a new update entry:

Announcement and some small patches!

I’m super grateful for the reception this project has received, and I'm trying my best to understand and appreciate all the feedback and criticisms shared. That said, I wish to also share that SRB2 Generations has always been a personal excuse for me to create levels dedicated to Modern Sonic. My focus leaned more toward capturing the themes of the vanilla stages rather than fully replicating their gimmicks, which naturally led to imbalance between the gameplay and visual design.

I...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
your supposed to play as modern sonic btw
yea im aware
i just suck at playing modern so i was like oh i could just play as CI Sonic since he's fast and very mobile
 
Wil there ever be a version where it's more optimized for low end PCs? My computer lags like crazy in dsz and thz and was honestly hoping for a version that lowers the quality in those stages?
I'd like to echo this sentiment just in case. While some levels may have lag spikes for me, they were generally doable... Until I got to Deep Sea. Just the start alone was dropping my FPS so hard I'm almost certain it remained in the single digits and had to return to the lobby to skip it.
Not entirely sure what's going on, but I'd like if some time down the road some levels could get a once-over to smooth out potential optimizations.

Also, I want to agree with something in one of the reviews: I feel Egg Rock is *too* long with sections that seemed pretty samey. I wouldn't mind if those were trimmed down– no need to add anything crazy right away, because shortening things a bit would probably work relatively well already.

Aside from that, however... I liked what I played! Not often do I see speed-based levels where you can just zoom through and have your reflexes take the wheel. I know my friend's been itching for some speed-based levels where players can just let loose!
One nitpick (and like, actually just a nitpick) is being unable to complete levels using other characters, which... Yeah, it's advertised and plastered all over, so it's not like I was fully expecting otherwise. Still, it would be nice if there were a few tweaks to allow it (such as in Castle Eggman or Arid Canyon. For the former of the two, I'd say make the floor of the Act 2-like entrance crumble away when close enough, like in the OG level). However if that would take TOO much tweaking, then it's fine– making maps can be complicated and time-consuming.
 
Okay, I'm willing to be spoiled, but where are the actual Chaos Emerald locations? I found the first in Greenflower, never found any others, and now can't even find where I got it the first time. I resorted to grinding the emerald tokens in Act 1 to get all 7, but that might've avoided whatever flag MUST exist for the emeralds' locations - why else is there explicitly a hint saying "Have you found all the Chaos Emeralds?" in the White Space? That must mean something!
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top