SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw the sector outside, then cut it and paste it inside the sector you want it in. But for putting a sector AROUND another sector, you've gotta make the sector, then cut the inside one out, and paste it back in. That should set the sidedefs to the right sector..

Shuffle said:
Yeah, that's why you draw the thok barrier, THEN draw the level inside of it.

No, I draw the level, THEN the Thok Barrier. My thok barriers aren't a simple square if they're not castle's in the sky-like areas.

Drawing sectors around other sectors is allowed. I don't normally have 'show sector properties on sector draw' turned on, which is probably why I hadn't noticed this problem before. I'll have a look at it.

The reason the 'copy properties' shortcut doesn't work is that, by default, Ctrl+Shift+C is also assigned to some obscure vertex operation whose exact nature I forget. Clearing this fixes the problem. I can't change the defaults without providing a Builder.cfg in the archive, which would cause more problems than it'd alleviate.

Instead of making two sectors for water, why not just put the colormap on the same sector as the water? I've done that plenty of times without any trouble. :\

I am talking about the FOF dialog of course... ^_^;

GCFreak said:
Shuffle said:
Yeah, that's why you draw the thok barrier, THEN draw the level inside of it.

No, I draw the level, THEN the Thok Barrier. My thok barriers aren't a simple square if they're not castle's in the sky-like areas.

Ever heard of vertex manipulation? It lets you shape the square thok barrier to wrap around the level once you're done making it.

And drawing one sector around the whole level and setting the textures in 3D Mode is alot easier than placing and moving Vertices, right?

Bug Report

Find Set of Identical Sectors doesn't appear to work on very large maps...

Also, while this is small and likely stupid, Find Map Errors will say "1 issues have been found" instead of "1 issue has been found" :P

Hey Ooga, I found an odd bug, when I tried to save my map with a colormap, it said "cannot save map, acces denied". What's the problem?

i got an error when making a map

when i was making one, i increased the size by 1000 units (i wanted to make a Huge map)

but then, it closed with an error saying: Overflow error

whats the problem with this?

Not a bug. You just can't make stuff that big. You know those really big red lines on the grid? You should never even get close to them. You'll get an overflow error. Plus, it'll run like crap, especially for 56k'ers. Look at BSZ, for example. I mean, I can play it great, but most people will suffer some, if not major slowdown. And why? Because it's rather big, and it has lots and lots of things, and it's a NiGHTS level in general. Additionally, a giant level will take forever to load in DB(That ism if it doesn't give you an error), plus you won't be able to use 3D mode. So, yeah. You should probably stay away from making giant levels.

SRB2DB doesn't list Rising Platforms as FOFs.

Suggestion: Keys that instantly change the angle of selected/highlighted things. Example: NumPad 8 would change the angle to North, NumPad 2 would change it to South and so on.

Fack. I just lost lots of progress because of 3D mode.

Bug: Go into Sector Draw mode in 3D mode. Now, press Esc. Runtime error 5, see?

i got an error, when you get to the screen of which map you want to open, an when you click cancel, if you click, the "create a new map" button, it'll give a error:

Error 13: while creating map: type mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back