SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just found one very bad bug.

aghwtf.png

That was after drawing the top right most sector. Note where the mouse pointer is...note only is it not in any sector at all but it's not even NEAR the offending sectors! What's worse...almost all of the sectors outside my thok barrier has incorrect sidedef references everywhere, often pointing to nonexistant sectors. Obviously it left things literally unfixable. (I'm so glad I put a large limit on the undos) I'm surprised DB was even capable of screwing up this badly. Proof that the screwy linedef reference bug still exists. :\

I have a copy of the offending wad where all you must do is draw the sector that caused the bug, if you would like it Ooga.

JJames19119 said:
Okay, I just found one very bad bug.

aghwtf.png

That was after drawing the top right most sector. Note where the mouse pointer is...note only is it not in any sector at all but it's not even NEAR the offending sectors! What's worse...almost all of the sectors outside my thok barrier has incorrect sidedef references everywhere, often pointing to nonexistant sectors. Obviously it left things literally unfixable. (I'm so glad I put a large limit on the undos) I'm surprised DB was even capable of screwing up this badly. Proof that the screwy linedef reference bug still exists. :\

I have a copy of the offending wad where all you must do is draw the sector that caused the bug, if you would like it Ooga.

i also got this error JJames, but it was actually Inside the map, and when i went into 3d mode it showed that texture EVERYWHERE

Oogaland said:
Magma the Fox said:
Wah! I found a bug!
If you highlight a sector and then click the "FOF Setup" button,
it gives you an error message:

Code:
Runtime error '339':
Component 'COMDLG632.OGX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

I first thought this was just because I was highlighting multiple sectors, but I tried again, and it comes up for just 1 (one)! Am I missing something? I have r18...
COMDLG632.OCX? Are you sure it isn't COMDLG32.OCX? Why this is misbehaving, I don't know, but running the following at the command line might fix it:

Code:
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

I know I'm gonna sound like a newb, but how do you access the command line?

Another bug(s) for SRB2builder

Hi, Oogaland

1) I have found a bug in SRB2builder. If you select a different character other than Sonic (like Tails and Knuckles), when the game loads up, you are "Sonic" still.

2) When I have a manual resolution in the box (1280 x 768) and I select something like (640 x 400), it changes the box to that instead of disabling it. It does the same thing in (320 x 200). In "Default", it shows nothing but a box that is hard to tell if its disabled. In "Desktop Resolution", it shows (-1 x -1)

Thats all for now,

Sonict

Re: Another bug(s) for SRB2builder

Sonict said:
1) I have found a bug in SRB2builder. If you select a different character other than Sonic (like Tails and Knuckles), when the game loads up, you are "Sonic" still.

That's a bug in SRB2 itself, shown by the fact that autoexecs and launchers no longer change characters on boot either.

Magma the Fox said:
I know I'm gonna sound like a newb, but how do you access the command line?
Start/Run will suffice for our purposes:

And I still haven't made a proper release of that IRC bugfix build from Thursday. I'll get around to that eventually.

Oogaland said:
And I still haven't made a proper release of that IRC bugfix build from Thursday. I'll get around to that eventually.

wait, thats the bugfix of the pointer being outside of sectors and sectors being highlighted, right?

r19

New build: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0569864/builder_srb2-r19.zip. Not much different from the IRC bugfix build. Here are the changes since r18:

Code:
! Selection count wasn't updated correctly when lassoing or inverting a selection.
! Partial regression of 30/03's mouse behaviour change.
! No default skin was selected.
! Drawing sectors in sectors mode could upset sector references.
! Default gametype wasn't remembered if specified when creating a map.
! Lassoing a selection didn't update the info bar.
Just bugfixes, but that was the purpose of this build, as I mentioned earlier.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
wait, thats the bugfix of the pointer being outside of sectors and sectors being highlighted, right?
Yes. What you describe is a symptom of the underlying problem, viz. that sector references were being altered when they ought not to have been.

i got a sugesstion, make a special help file for gametype's and make it so that when you do typeoflevel

you can do domething like typeoflevel = 4 + 8

and when you go back into the mainCFG it changes to 12 (For my example)
:D
something to make typeoflevel easier

You cannot create a new map after previously creating or opening another map due to Error 13; Type Mismatch

Drawing a sector completely around another one (for example, drawing a 640x640 sector around a 320x320 sector) will confuse DB when it opens up the sector properties upon drawing it; setting any settings in the properties that come up will set the properties for both sectors even though you never selected the inner sector and the properties will come up "blank" if the inner sector and the sector the drawn one was in were different.

The keyboard shortcut for Copy Linedef/Sector Properties doesn't appear to work...

You shouldn't be drawing a sector around another sector, anyways. That isn't how you're meant to wad.

Shuffle said:
You shouldn't be drawing a sector around another sector, anyways. That isn't how you're meant to wad.

God, ever heard of the all important Thok Barrier, Shuffle? O.o

Shuffle said:

Explain how you get a sector inside another without editing sidedef references then, because dragging a sector into another will just create more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back