SRB2 Demo 1 (SAGE 2000 Prototype)

Fair enough. Still, I'm wondering what even are the contents of this supposed build posted above? Is it even consistent with the builds of Christmas 0.96 and with the SAGE 2000 trailer or not?

Sorry, just want to ensure that there isn't any misinformation.

That's literally Demo 1 but GFZ1 was replaced with a sloppy recreation of the SAGE 2000 version. They didn't even clean up the Zone Builder backup files either.

If you're going to create a hoax, at least try to make it believable

SRB2 never had a downloadable build for Sage 2000. the Sonic Fan Games HQ for some reason put Demo 1 up as the version from then, but Demo 1 was released after Sage was over.

That's literally Demo 1 but GFZ1 was replaced with a sloppy recreation of the SAGE 2000 version. They didn't even clean up the Zone Builder backup files either.

If you're going to create a hoax, at least try to make it believable

Figured it was just that. Thanks. Glaber's info was also known by mem

i join Recently a Discord Server Called Sonic Robo Blast 20 Years Ago
what try to recreate SRB2 SAGE 2000,try emulate Xmas 0.92,0.93 & 0.94
And The Administrador Founded 0.90
(But Sonniku said not want to make that embarassing version public)

i join Recently a Discord Server Called Sonic Robo Blast 20 Years Ago
what try to recreate SRB2 SAGE 2000,try emulate Xmas 0.92,0.93 & 0.94
And The Administrador Founded 0.90
(But Sonniku said not want to make that embarassing version public)

... How does SRB20YA relate to this topic other than SAGE 2000 being a version closely related to SRB2 Christmas 0.96? I'm just curious.

Also, I don't recall Tobi (the head of the server AND project) saying that Sonniku themselves said not to reveal 0.90, might have to contact them on that, though.

I do not have the 'pre-bridge' GFZ1 anymore.

So SSNTails Have "Pre-WaterFalls" SAGE 2000 GFZ2??

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

some images for the sage 2000 recreation:

image2.gif[IMG]

You are aware you can't embed discord images on message boards, right?

Also, the screen shots are all he has left, to his knowledge.

The Truth - Revealed

Hi, I'm the owner of the SRB20YA accounts (including the neocities website).

What I can say for sure is that no, I do not have a copy of the SAGE 2000 build, nor did I ever release a remake of it. Same applies for Christmas v0.90.

I never intended that little thing to blow up. I would also like to say now that trying to frame people as well as tarnishing reputation of communities for your own reputation is seriously unwelcome here.

I will take full responsiblity for the mixed messages on my part, I had intended it to be used as a "do not contact for X version" message, but in a way, I guess it backfired. I should have been looking out for that.

As for the "emulation" part, while the time period might be emulated, the versions are legitimate and are played by either using PCem (a PC emulator that can emulate up to a 550MHz AMD K6-III) or by using VMWare (until Demo 2, anyway), both of which are also considered legitimate hardware. I would have used an old Compaq laptop I had laying around, but it has many issues, for one, the sound driver isn't DOS-compatiable, so there'd be no sound without a patch. Second of all, the machine is generally unreliable, however, it's not as unreliable as the keyboard. Third of all, I have no way of actually capturing video directly from that laptop.

Let me put this straight for those who cannot be bothered to read the above:
SRB20YA was never designed with the intention to hoax a build of SRB2, especially not one where we literally have both original binaries of it, but also the source code.

I will link an image below showing evidence backing up this claim.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749496837651693678/774787264332955658/unknown.png

EDIT: A note to add about post above Glaber's most recent:
Those screenshots are from the old SRB2 website back when it was on Emulation Zone (circa 1999-2001). They are not from any recreation.

Last edited:
If you're talking about that gif, I saw that one when SSNTails dug up the old SAGE 2000 page for SRB2 so I know it's real.

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=50022

It isn’t SAGE 2000, but it might be the closest we’ll ever get to it. Using Christmas 0.96, the original Deep Sea map, and edited versions of GFZ, me & Vertz tried to emulate the SAGE 2000 build the closest we can. It isn’t finished so this YouTube trailer will do for now. We’re really proud of it’s accuracy and we’re trying to get the word out since we haven’t been getting much attention and feedback, which would be appreciated.

I just saw what the proiblem was with the earilier discord image. It was missing a "/"

Hello, once again...

I've been thinking about the SAGE 2000 trailer of Demo 1 a little bit, wondering about the possibility of it still being on one of the developers' hard drives or something. So, you can expect what I'm going to ask:

Does anybody at all still have the SAGE 2000 prototype of Demo 1?

I mean, even though this specific version of Demo 1 was never released, I think it still deserves a place in the Historic Downloads section of the website, if it still exists, even if it lacks an installer (the Historic Downloads page needs some updating, anyways). It would be pretty cool to see the old GFZ textures and layout, and all the other stuff we didn't see in that trailer.

I don't really care as much about the Demo 2 trailer, as the only signifigant difference I spotted was the GFZ skybox in THZ. But having that would still be interesting, too.

Well, uh.. thanks for reading. A response from a developer, yes or no, would be appreciated! Also, happy early 20th birthday, SRB2!
i have the file. i found it at the sage 2020 website.

Attachments

• SRB2_(2000).rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 614
Last edited:
i have the file. i found it at the sage 2020 website.

... the SAGE website doesn't have the actual SAGE 2000 build. This has been known for a while now.

That's Demo 1, NOT Sage 2000, which lined up more with Christmas 0.96!

Playing that build yourself would have made it obvious.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back