[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says a wad file was not found or is invalid then complains about SRB2CB.dta. (found md5: (string of characters) wanted: (different string of characters)).
Download this DTA I have, put it in the same folder where srb2cb.exe is and run (make a backup of your old DTA first, if you have one).

Tell me if it worked or not.

Sometimes it crashes, Like I said, It lags on my computer...
I noticed that some models are likely to lag horribly the game. I, for example, run some few models in CB, not them all, until I find a balanced performance.

Oh and yea, What happened to limitdraw? It helps me play with models without lag... >.>
Kalaron? Where are you? ¬¬'

EDIT:

1337th post!

Last edited:
The problem is that SRB2CB requires that all textures must be PNG format. As I converted all SRB2 standard textures in PNG format, SRB2CB will render them correctly except the custom textures from other mods, which are replaced with GFZ texture or just blank walls.

Why can't SRB2CB use WAD textures as normal when PNG versions aren't available?

I did have that file, but i tried it with your version of the file. The same error is returned. It claims that that file has been tampered with.

I noticed that some models are likely to lag horribly the game. I, for example, run some few models in CB, not them all, until I find a balanced performance.

I wasn't really talking about models... that was the second part of my post :/

Kalaron, I would like you to fix the fog feature. The fogs are rendered almost opaque and player sometimes can't see what it's ahead.

1FGuG.png

I'm afraid SRB2CB is ignoring the last character of hexadecimal color code (#RRGGBBA), rendering the fogs in the same intensity. Mind you fixing it?

I don't know why is this happening, but no matter how much I try, the multiple models aren't applied. I do the same thing that is shown in the example but it doesn't work. Can you tell why is this happening? I appreciate the effort.

Kalaron,please,please,please,please,please,PLEASE fix the homing attack?I'm sorry if I'm being annoying,but I really need it!

FOF slopes yet? It's not in the features, and I don't wanna dig through the entire topic to see if they're here or not :3

Ice said:
FOF slopes yet? It's not in the features, and I don't wanna dig through the entire topic to see if they're here or not :3

Ezer.Arch said:
Dude, FOF slopes are possible, but, as far as I know, without collision.
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=717599#post717599 and forth.

Also, FOF slopes are shown in rural.wad, already in the pack, and you can notice they don't have collision, because you pass thru them.

Guys, please don't beg for things, that why he stopped working before, just post your suggestion, and move on.

You know, looking back at this again... I think the slope physics here are actually pretty decent.

Like with the big test slope level I made, even though you can't run on walls, you can gain speed from down hill slopes and catapult off other slopes high into the air.

I think it fits well enough for what it's meant to do anyway, as in, it's fun. :)

I love slopes :3

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=17320

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Oh, by the way, I updated the slope wiki page a little (still needs some work) if anyone's interested:

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2CB/Slope

I kinda miss the talks about slopes and stuff, I miss the mods this place used to have for SRB2 in general.

Maybe the slopes feature was a little too late since it looks like people kinda stopped making custom content outside of the level contests for normal SRB2.

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, I updated the slope wiki page a little (still needs some work) if anyone's interested:

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2CB/Slope

Can you update the linedef effects (slopes) for SRB2CB on the wiki? If not at the moment, that's ok.

Maybe the slopes feature was a little too late since it looks like people kinda stopped making custom content outside of the level contests for normal SRB2.

You forgot I'm purely using SRB2CB for that purpose :P

I kinda miss the talks about slopes and stuff, I miss the mods this place used to have for SRB2 in general.

Yeah, creative activity is definitely at an all time low here.

But don't get me wrong, when I said I was going to use this to make a level, I wasn't BSing you. It just so happens that my one project lying between me and that is a very big and intricate one.

It's not a far exaggeration to say that I'm counting the days until I can use this. I need to do a little experimenting with it and MD2's though, because I never used them before. They're somewhat critical to my second idea for it, too.

I don't think people ever really did that, at least I know of nothing noteworthy.

Hi Kalaron, welcome back. Nice to see you :D

I think the slope physics here are actually pretty decent.

Like with the big test slope level I made, even though you can't run on walls, you can gain speed from down hill slopes and catapult off other slopes high into the air.
Good news. Although I don't miss "run on walls" thing, I'm a bit attached to the classic ways; I rather prefer that things we have now work smoothly.

Take your time.

I've considered making levels for CB as well, but it all depends on me actually getting back into mapping, which I don't have a lot of time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back