[Open Assets] SRB2 - Community Build! - Full color Edition! (PNG)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, information for those is stored in the DB configuration, not in the IWAD. You can pretty much just do what you normally do.

I don`t really toy around with all of the extra stuff in SRB2 so I have to ask. What is an MD2.DAT file and how do I use it. I really want to try it out.

Well, unless you plan on using md2 models then you really don't need to have an MD2.dat. But if you want to get started with using md2, then check my signature.

Okay what the bloody hell is happening...

offcb.png

What should I do, how the heck could this error be fixed? ....Is there even any way?
Y'know, it really starts pissing me off.

Last edited:
Well... assuming that your referring to the error, not the fact it's in another language, refer to page 14 for the answer.

If the game crashes if there's no texture for a model, how am I supposed to make a Balloon MD2? They'll all be the same colour. D:

Colored Chat in SRB2CB

I was fooling around with SRB2CB, when I found a way to type in colored chat without the use of an external script or config file.

Here's how I did it:
shot0000j.png

First press T and then push TAB then push a number 0-3, because 4-9 are basically the same colors all over again. Here's a guide for the colors:
0: White
1: Purple
2: Yellow
3: Green

By saying every md2 files,i mean also MD2.dat.
[EDIT]Oh there one i haven't seen,and seen only by searching.Now it works!

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't been here in forever. Anyway, I think I vaguely remember something like this supposed to be in XSRB2? Regardless, a cool find.

I just tried using the same trick on XSRB2 and nothing happened. I also came across the Color Guide in SRB2CB when I was bored and spamming off of the MasterServer.

...and copied MD2.dat and all the MD2 and PNG files into /usr/share/games/srb2. When I run SRB2CB or regular SRB2 in OpenGL mode, it's not using the MD2 models. What am I doing wrong?

There's your problem - you're supposed to put the MD2s into a separate folder named MD2, not in the main SRB2 folder.

It still doesn't work. Here's what I have in my /usr/share/games/srb2 directory:

Code:
$ ls -R /usr/share/games/srb2
/usr/share/games/srb2:
MD2      drill.dta  music.dta  soar.dta   srb2.srb   zones.dta
MD2.dat  knux.plr   rings.wpn  sonic.plr  tails.plr

/usr/share/games/srb2/MD2:
BKTV.md2  CEMG.md2  GSNP.MD2  PINV.md2  SHRP.MD2  SPRB.PNG  STPT.PNG  WHTV.md2
BKTV.png  CHAN.md2  GSNP.png  PINV.png  SHRP.png  SPRR.MD2  SUDB.PNG  WHTV.png
BLTV.md2  CHAN.png  JETB.MD2  PLAY.PNG  SHTV.md2  SPRR.PNG  SUDB.md2  WRTV.md2
BLTV.png  DETN.MD2  JETB.PNG  PLAY.md2  SHTV.png  SPRY.MD2  SUDR.MD2  WRTV.png
BUS1.md2  DETN.PNG  JETG.md2  POSS.MD2  SIGN.MD2  SPRY.PNG  SUDR.PNG  YLTV.md2
BUS1.png  EGGB.md2  JETG.png  POSS.png  SIGN.PNG  SRBA.MD2  SUDY.MD2  YLTV.png
BUS2.md2  EGGB.png  MISL.Md2  PRUP.md2  SKIM.MD2  SRBA.png  SUDY.PNG
BUS2.png  EMER.md2  MISL.png  PRUP.png  SKIM.PNG  SRBB.MD2  THOK.MD2
BUZZ.MD2  EMER.png  MIXU.md2  QUES.md2  SORB.MD2  SRBB.png  TURR.MD2
BUZZ.PNG  EMMY.md2  MIXU.png  QUES.png  SPOS.MD2  SRBX.md2  TURR.PNG
CCOM.MD2  GRTV.md2  MTEX.md2  RBUZ.MD2  SPOS.png  SRBX.png  USPK.md2
CCOM.png  GRTV.png  MTEX.png  RBUZ.PNG  SPRB.MD2  STPT.MD2  USPK.png

Another thing that I noticed is that it says above that the entry in MD2.dat for the player has to have the same name as the character, but here the entry is just called "PLAY".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back