SRB2 Chaos Domain

SRB2 Chaos Domain 2.3.4

ketchupik

ketchupik submitted a new resource:

SRB2 Chaos Domain port - Chaos Domain port for 2.2!

Welcome to Chaos Domain port for 2.2!
View attachment 42629

Original Chaos Domain from 2.1: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/srb2-chaos-domain-version-2-3-1-scr_chaosdomain-version2-3-1-wad.24135/

Port feature:
Most bugs was fixed
All emblems now obtainable

Also special thanks for port contributors:
Mikhael Blur - Beta tester and communicator with original author
Antimodern - red water helper and beta tester
yfyfyfyfyfy -...

Read more about this resource...

chrome_nf4t2AIl6m.png

You're going to need to show proof this port was authorized.
If you have no evidence that CoatRack gave you permission to make this, it cannot pass.

Alright, I even got confirmation from Coat himself, so others will see the mod shortly!

damn, this is as old as 2.0? guess this is another one of those legendary old map packs heh :P
a lot of the visuals still look pretty good to this date. but man does the level design get infuriating sometimes lol

the most I can say is that I applaud the amount of sheer time and effort that went into these maps, cuz they sure are long.
i guess thats why there's only 6 levels! (of platforming)

The biggest gripes I have with this are the enemies in Chemical Factory being annoying as hell, if they're near specific ledges they can hit you as you're trying to go up and knock you into the green instant-death goop, which honestly I don't think should be instant-death in the first place, and the flame breath boss is horribly optimized with the amount of fire it produces leading to a lot of lag.

This pack still features some of the most impressive showings in all of the history of SRB2, both fan made and official. Pretty soon I won't even have a need for the 2.1v of the game on my PC, gold like this continues to be ported over.

Edit: I noticed this wad does not change the default cam_dist and cam_height values upon loading, which was the case in 2.1 and 2.0. This change is an improvement in my view, since many players might not have noticed the settings changing and therefor never knew to open the command prompt and manually set the values to the originals when done.

If you would like to reinstate the original mod author's viewing intent, change cam_dist to 128 (default value: 160) and cam_height to 20 (default value: 25).

Last edited:
Edit: I noticed this wad does not change the default cam_dist and cam_height values upon loading, which was the case in 2.1 and 2.0. This change is an improvement in my view, since many players might not have noticed the settings changing and therefor never knew to open the command prompt and manually set the values to the originals when done.

If you would like to reinstate the original mod author's viewing intent, change cam_dist to 128 (default value: 160) and cam_height to 20 (default value: 25).

Actually, I believe the cam_dist and cam_height found in the last 2.1 build of Chaos Domain was a relic of part of a few scripts that would have lead to an unused Hidden Level that got cut before release. But in addition to that, it was an attempt to 'reset' the camera settings to default back in 2.1. So it was less 'intent' and more 'Oh dear how on earth do I get this to work right'.

That being said, I am happy to see this get by releases!

Okay where on earth is the entrance to Radiant Caverns, someone in one of the reviews said it was located in a fake pit. But i've done nothing but nonstop jump into literally every pit I could find and still nothing.

Okay where on earth is the entrance to Radiant Caverns, someone in one of the reviews said it was located in a fake pit. But i've done nothing but nonstop jump into literally every pit I could find and still nothing.
You can find it in Egg's mansion act 1 , Before the end of the stage there's a whole pit outside of the castle and a tiny crystal ahead of it so jump into it and you will find the secret stage , good luck

Just want to double check, would it be okay for me to include the Bosses and there arena's in my boss rush mod?
Or would I have to make new maps for the bosses?

I played this pack on multiplayer and some levels are way too dark(as in even with computer in max brightness you can't see anything)

Attachments

• srb20375.png
    srb20375.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 150

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back