Resource icon

Squash and Stretch in 2.2.9 1.2

NeonSRB2

Shapeshifter Boi submitted a new resource:

Squash and Stretch in 2.2.9 - Makes jumping look very noice

So one day with a 2.2.9 prerelease in hand I checked the wiki, and low and behold there was already some info there. So I used it. :wow:

Anyway one of the things i saw was first, splats, of course.
And also a few variables controlling sprite scale, so I made it so that if the player jumped, it would stretch them out for a brief second.

View attachment 44009

Also Fang bounce look cool I guess.

Also, these values do not work with models I already made a...

Read more about this resource...

Seems I havent fully removed the spindash squashing yet, ill fix that now, expect an update soon
Post automatically merged:

Update is out and does absolutely nothing of use.

It just removes a few arguments I left in.

Last edited:
Is there any chance that this mod works with models? it looks so damn good but i like to use models XD
Models function differently than sprites, so unfortunately, no. The way S&S works is by adjusting the X and Y values of the sprite, but with models there’s an extra Z axis. The current S&S system can’t really work with that since it’s programmed to only work with X and Y

Models function differently than sprites, so unfortunately, no. The way S&S works is by adjusting the X and Y values of the sprite, but with models there’s an extra Z axis. The current S&S system can’t really work with that since it’s programmed to only work with X and Y
well, i guess i'll have to use the Sprites XD, but thanks for the reply :)

NeonSRB2 updated Squash and Stretch in 2.2.9 with a new update entry:

Knuckles and Goop fixed

I never actually tested knuckles, so when blacc reviewed me down because of one of the bugs that came with that, I had to fix it.

Also another long-standing bug was the goop, that stuff was bugged for a while for the same reason as this, so yea...

Also I know theres a bug with Jumping, but currently there is no way to hook code to the DoJump() Function, which means if you jump on the same frame as you first land I litterally have no way of sensing that unless you have PF_THOKKED enabled.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

Is there any chance that this mod works with models? it looks so damn good but i like to use models XD
I kinda put that on the overview page lol

Last edited:
just saying something to ppl who are downloading this still and are new

it works with models, now go home.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back