Splats

Splats v2

While these guys are nicely done and all, and I did approve of the topic, I would very much appreciate it if you added a small test map for them too. I decided to let it slide, since you can easily use objectplace to try them out, but we do require test maps for Object-based assets.

While these guys are nicely done and all, and I did approve of the topic, I would very much appreciate it if you added a small test map for them too. I decided to let it slide, since you can easily use objectplace to try them out, but we do require test maps for Object-based assets.
Oh shoot, my bad! I'll supply a map very shortly when I release v2 of this!

This badnik interacts very well with movable platforms and floors. It can be positioned so that when he notices the player, he will jump onto the platform and thereby send him up. I love that this badnik "can play" with the level.

Biggy-π updated Splats with a new update entry:

Splats v2

Splats v2 has arrived, with his spring making sounds now!!

Changelog
-Added bouncing noise
-The alts now have different SOCs than splats, and are different in general
-Splats' SOC has been improved, now he no longer slides after landing
-Now has test map because I forgot to make one last time lol

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

This badnik interacts very well with movable platforms and floors. It can be positioned so that when he notices the player, he will jump onto the platform and thereby send him up. I love that this badnik "can play" with the level.
ay thats pretty cool! i never really put him in places other than the beginning of gfz1
also im glad splats is enjoying your map lol

Last edited:
VPCURUI.gif

if it lands on the end of the platform, this can happen. but I think it's not your fault, it's an issue in the game

gpM2b4B.gif

Ah yes im glad this badnik got added since the game wasn't too hard now with the EggKnights? and with the bats from "Secret Zone after beating the game" and the Pumpkings "From Secret Zone" and Bees and Hive from "Secret sky zone".. (sorry i don't know perfectly SRB2 badniks name except the crawla).

Ok, this is cool and all, but I'm pissed off that the splats bounce height isn't based off of the spring color except for blue, why does the one with a yellow spring bounce higher than the one with a red spring???

Ok, this is cool and all, but I'm pissed off that the splats bounce height isn't based off of the spring color except for blue, why does the one with a yellow spring bounce higher than the one with a red spring???
i was thinking about doing that, but felt like it was best to have "base form splats" have more of a normal jump height
couldve make the other splats' spring be something other than yellow to indicate it being stronger than red, but wanted to keep the colors consistant with what i based em off of lol

That's strange; it says you give permission to reuse it but the "[Reusable]" tag isn't there. Any idea why that is?

That's strange; it says you give permission to reuse it but the "[Reusable]" tag isn't there. Any idea why that is?
well, you see, that is due to me being dumb and not knowing how to put it on there.
i thought all i had to do was check the "yes" box for the "let people use your stuff" thing

well, you see, that is due to me being dumb and not knowing how to put it on there.
i thought all i had to do was check the "yes" box for the "let people use your stuff" thing
I thought it was added automatically; that's all I've ever done and it appears on my stuff.

1. I see that there are two more alternative skins in the files, but how to switch them? I've tried different flags in the builder zone and they don't do anything.

2. Their names in the builder zone look... strange. I think this can be fixed

1705381368127.png

3. Of course, I don’t require anything, but it would be interesting if when adding a flag the sound changed from “sfx_sping to “sfx_spingf” don't blame me

1. I see that there are two more alternative skins in the files, but how to switch them? I've tried different flags in the builder zone and they don't do anything.

2. Their names in the builder zone look... strange. I think this can be fixed

View attachment 109314

3. Of course, I don’t require anything, but it would be interesting if when adding a flag the sound changed from “sfx_sping to “sfx_spingf” don't blame me
i might fix these later, but basically
1. i felt like those skins were too similar to ones i already added, and i wasn't sure if it would've been a good idea to make them extra objects or not, so i just made them sprites
2. those names look intentional, but honestly idk why i did that lmao, maybe i got lazy
1705550922361.png

3. idk how to do that, but i'll find out how because that sounds really funny

That's good badnik, but why this is not Open Asset when it's in Assets category? Then there is another question - will I need to ask permission to use this badnik on my map?

That's good badnik, but why this is not Open Asset when it's in Assets category? Then there is another question - will I need to ask permission to use this badnik on my map?
ok so i thought i made it open assets earlier, but i might've messed that up somehow
but yes it's open assets, and no need to ask for permission! just credit me lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back