[Open Assets] Speedometer - Lua Speed HUD

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem

Goblin
This is a simple Lua HUD that tells you your current speed out of your maximum normal speed possible in the bottom right corner.
I'm not really sure what practical uses it has though.
(The numbers are for use with the command)
Speedometer 1 is the classic speedometer, it simply shows "SPEED/MAXSPEED" in the bottom right.
Speedometer 2 is a bar that fills up the faster you are going but will limit at your maximum speed.
Speedometer 3 Will simply go further to the right the faster you are going to a maximum point.
Speedometer 4 and 5 are mostly the same except 4 is only a compass, but 5 will fill up the faster you go.
The two commands added are "speed" and "speed2", but the latter is just for the second player in splitscreen mode.
If you just type "speed" then it will switch to the next speedometer, specifying a number will set it to that specific speedometer.
If you specify either "off" or "on" then it will turn the speedometer off or on respectively.

Attachments

• srb20011.gif
    srb20011.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,663
  • Speedometer.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:
Neither do I, considering "devmode 2" has this built-in.

There's also the part where you didn't change any of the comments in the code and now it looks like nonsense. You should change that if you want to release.

Well, if you still want to release, that is.

I've updated it and removed the comments in it and added a normal maximum speed part to it to make it a bit more useful.

I'd hate to bump this topic after over a year since the last post, but the offsets of this is off. The actual speeds shown are out of the screen's boundaries.

Lua Huds in general are always doing that when the game uses an unsupported resolution. Stick to 1280x700 (I think) or anything wrote in green and you should be okay.

Um, I am using a green resolution: 960x600w (Software) I actually just fixed this myself. Although I wish i could contact the author of the wad...

EDIT: Also in netplay, the numbers of each player combine.

Last edited:
Update:
  • Made it display correctly on the supported resolutions.
  • Added four different visual speedometers.
  • Added a command to cycle through the speedometers and turn them on or off.
  • Splitscreen support.
I'm still not sure if it displays correctly in Multiplayer Netgames though, I don't really have any ways to test that.

There are ways to go faster than your maximum speed (although rare) so maybe, you might account for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back