• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he does it’s one of things he does all the time. Will there atleast be dark sonic transformation
It may mean he does it all the time doesn't make it absolutely necessary

And based on the moveset description,it sounds like it'll just be fluff

I was thinking a dark form could move faster than super, but isn't invulnerable, and might have combat-movement combination abilities, kind of like Cacee's punches, maybe?

I'm not sure how "unique" he'd be considering Wido exists, and he already makes use of momentum-based wall-running. If wall-running were to be done, I'd imagine maybe he could serve as SRB2 inspiration? And even then, I agree that X-Sonic doesn't need wall-running, even if it'd be neat if implemented/executed well.

I'm not sure how "unique" he'd be considering Wido exists, and he already makes use of momentum-based wall-running. If wall-running were to be done, I'd imagine maybe he could serve as SRB2 inspiration? And even then, I agree that X-Sonic doesn't need wall-running, even if it'd be neat if implemented/executed well.
Hmm, what if the wall-running was like Wido's, but lost speed slower?

Isn't Wido's wall run kinda janky

Or am I misremembering

The move list!

RingBurst
Press spin mid-jump, and Sonic gradually accelerates forwards using up his rings if he has any. If not, it'll still be possible but the speed cap will be very low, and you won't be able to rise or home into enemies. It'll barely take any rings at first and players can technically do a mini-ringburst without consuming rings if they want, but the longer you hold it up the quicker it drains. You slowly ascend if you're holding jump, practically letting you fly albeit a bit difficult and costly to keep under control for long periods of time. Almost nothing can stop the ringburst, he'll slide around walls or bounce off them depending on angle, projectiles are deflected, enemies. Environmental stuff like lava and lasers still harm you.

If you let go off just jump mid-ring burst, Sonic's upward momentum instantly zeroes out and he'll start dropping. Hold jump again and any downwards momentum instantly zeroes out and he'll gradually rise again. If you're dropping but continue to hold spin when you're grounded, Sonic ringbursts across the ground with better control than a generic SRB2 spin, ravaging everything nearby and auto-homing into enemies with earthshattering power. Let go off spin(or when you have no rings) now, Sonic cancels the ringburst into a generic SRB2 spin. Perhaps hitting an enemy resets the ringdrain as a reward.

Burst Speed
Press spin on the ground to ready yourself. Press forward to instantly zoom forward at ridiculous speeds, leaving a blue trail behind you. You can barely steer in this state. You can stop speeding by readying yourself again with spin, either causing Sonic to slide while you re-adjust your aim and zoom again or cancel Burst Speed entirely. You can also cancel Burst Speed with a superjump. Jumping sends Sonic up in his spring frames much higher than his normal jump, but in a fixed ark losing control for about 1/3rd of a second.

Start Burst Speed underwater to go absolutely nowhere and rise upwards a little. Sucks to be X Sonic. You can run and slide over water.

Thanks, GoldenShine for helping out with the move list!
Nice reference to the First episodes of Sonic X

I was thinking this...
[Attached as I don't have a way to upload images I screenshotted the way they're normally placed]
Screenshot_20211020-161831_Brave.png

Post automatically merged:

Or this (also attachment)
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back