• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you can insta transform, On the fly 'n such, Although there could still be a transformation animation!.. You could just turn it off in the console!.. Or you could spam the "Transformation button" to skip it? Anyways... This probs will be very cool.
Ps: maybe the um shoe things could be a dlc? bc i just watched sonicxseason3, it would be cool as a later additon!11!!

I hope you can insta transform, On the fly 'n such, Although there could still be a transformation animation!.. You could just turn it off in the console!.. Or you could spam the "Transformation button" to skip it? Anyways... This probs will be very cool.
Ps: maybe the um shoe things could be a dlc? bc i just watched sonicxseason3, it would be cool as a later additon!11!!
Using a command to disable the transformation animation would be unfair for speedruns

Players who don't know about the command need to waste a few milliseconds on the transformation animation, giving them a longer time than those who disabled it.
Then tell them??? Or atleast have a list of commands In the messageboard post!! (Also not a few miliseconds i think like half to a quarter of a second :/ )
Also id think this would perserve your moment if your running so you dont have to gain all your speed again (like modernsonic)
Quick millisecond edit: And also pressing the "transformation button" again [could be spin like most other characters... Or it could be one of the other buttons!]

Then tell them??? Or atleast have a list of commands In the messageboard post!! (Also not a few miliseconds i think like half to a quarter of a second :/ )
Also id think this would perserve your moment if your running so you dont have to gain all your speed again (like modernsonic)
"Why not just tell them???" "Or at least have a list of commands in the messageboard post!!" Why not just go with the spamming the transformation button? Entering a command is easier than spamming the transformation button, it doesn't matter how much time you spend.

"Why not just tell them???" "Or at least have a list of commands in the messageboard post!!" Why not just go with the spamming the transformation button? Entering a command is easier than spamming the transformation button, it doesn't matter how much time you spend.
mhnnnnnn but like... we cant ask 4 a menu can we.
mgnasdaudbhsayud
Also who really cares about speedrunning? Make it for the casual, And let the runners exploit till they catch up.

Commands would be inconvenient, a button COULD work. But wouldn't you want to watch the animation I put work into? :)
Post automatically merged:

mhnnnnnn but like... we cant ask 4 a menu can we.
mgnasdaudbhsayud
Also who really cares about speedrunning? Make it for the casual, And let the runners exploit till they catch up.
For a character that will be X Sonic, I fully encourage speedrunning.

Commands would be inconvenient, a button COULD work. But wouldn't you want to watch the animation I put work into? :)
Post automatically merged:

For a character that will be X Sonic, I fully encourage speedrunning.
I mean... I would like to look at it but... For the next 20-30 times im trying to transform on stage... maybe add it? Or... You could do something like modern sonic and have you transform on the fly!!!

Well, according to a certain trailer Modern Sonic will also have a transformation animation once v6 comes out...
But wouldn't you want to watch the animation I put work into? :)
I certainly would. These animations are an inseparable part of transformations and I'm already looking forward to your take on them ;)

Going back to gaining speed, super forms can do this in a matter of milliseconds. Besides, disabling the animations "for the sake of speedrunners" doesn't make much sense for another reason: if a character has a powerful enough base moveset (hello, Ring Burst) it's usually faster to beat the level without transforming.

well, as blue blur himself said on page 6:
"Burst Speed
Press spin on the ground to ready yourself. Press forward to instantly zoom forward at ridiculous speeds, leaving a blue trail behind you. You can barely steer in this state. You can stop speeding by readying yourself again with spin, either causing Sonic to slide while you re-adjust your aim and zoom again or cancel Burst Speed entirely. You can also cancel Burst Speed with a superjump. Jumping sends Sonic up in his spring frames much higher than his normal jump, but in a fixed ark losing control for about 1/3rd of a second.
Start Burst Speed underwater to go absolutely nowhere and rise upwards a little. Sucks to be X Sonic. You can run and slide over water.
Thanks, GoldenShine for helping out with the move list!"
so yeah, i think it's safe to bet that he doesn't have a spindash

well, as blue blur himself said on page 6:
"Burst Speed
Press spin on the ground to ready yourself. Press forward to instantly zoom forward at ridiculous speeds, leaving a blue trail behind you. You can barely steer in this state. You can stop speeding by readying yourself again with spin, either causing Sonic to slide while you re-adjust your aim and zoom again or cancel Burst Speed entirely. You can also cancel Burst Speed with a superjump. Jumping sends Sonic up in his spring frames much higher than his normal jump, but in a fixed ark losing control for about 1/3rd of a second.
Start Burst Speed underwater to go absolutely nowhere and rise upwards a little. Sucks to be X Sonic. You can run and slide over water.
Thanks, GoldenShine for helping out with the move list!"
so yeah, i think it's safe to bet that he doesn't have a spindash
Reminder that he said that he had to re-overhaul the moveset so the one he listed on Page 6 might not be completely accurate now

The command thing is literally pointless, most people don't speedrun emeralds anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back