Sonic Unleashed

someSRB2dude

I like labyrinth kinda.
It's Pretty Cool, The Only Minus About It Is The Werehog Stages,

If They Didn't Exist It Probably One Of My Favourite Sonic Games.

My Older Brother Also Says That This Would Be His Favourite If The Werehog Stages Didn't Exist

Last edited:
Unleashed? First version I played was in 2019 on the Wii and I got the 360 game from my local Walmart for 12 bucks last month. I like both and consider them my F.G.O.A.T's.

I never got the chance to play the console versions, aside from briefly the PS2 version. I'm still holding onto hope that one day Unleashed will get a PC port released on Steam. Maybe also bundle the PS2/Wii version with Colors for a similar port to modern consoles/PC.

I love Sonic Unleashed (for my Xbox 360/Xbox One [Backwards Compatibility]) and would almost call it the best Sonic game, but I hate that you have to collect sun/moon tokens to move on sometimes. Literally every sun/moon token that I finally find I've already collected. I've been stuck before Chun-nan Day (Dragon Road Act 1) for a while for that reason and me being distracted by my PC with modding and stuff. :amybruh:
And possibly laziness... :worry:

I remember playing a bit of Sonic unleashed myself but similar to everyone else's opinion, I hated the werehog stages and- oh wait let me reword it, I hated the werehog stages with all my heart.

The werehog stages caused my very first Xbox 360 crash and they were so slow that I was able to eat three bags of chips before flawlessly completing one of them and it's the exact thing that made me think for a second that this isn't a Sonic game.

As you can tell I am quite salty over the werehog stages but other than that Sonic unleashed is a very good game.

The night stages took like 85% of the game and this is why Project Unleashed is and will always be the definitive version of the game.

Honestly, I don’t see the problem with the Night stages aside from it not being fast. I thought they were fun. If the Werehog was replaced by another character for combat gameplay (Knuckles for example) I don’t think that many people would complain about it

Honestly, I don’t see the problem with the Night stages aside from it not being fast. I thought they were fun. If the Werehog was replaced by another character for combat gameplay (Knuckles for example) I don’t think that many people would complain about it
You just pointed the problem: it's slow as hell (either the combat or the platforming).

I wouldn't mind a beat'em up Sonic game with Knuckles if it was much faster.

It could be the fact that I haven’t played the game for well over seven years, but I remember the night stages to be really fun. If I replayed the game now, I might come up with a different opinion

Unleashed had probably the most depth when it comes to advanced techniques in a boost game
(just look at Joshua Salkeld's speedruns)

The game still looks great to this day despite being a game from 2008 (Colors also looked good for the Wii but it wasn't HD and Generations looked average for a 2011 PC game).

If the game ever gets a PC port they should just remove that one jazz theme you hear in night battles and eventually lower the RPG elements of the game.

If they were to remake this game, the top priority should definitely be speeding up the Werehog sections. Just make his movement faster in general. I could also see them adding in new side stories and characters (with Tails having one or two Boost style levels and Knuckles having one or two Werehog style levels) to make the game have more content

If they were to remake this game, the top priority should definitely be speeding up the Werehog sections. Just make his movement faster in general. I could also see them adding in new side stories and characters (with Tails having one or two Boost style levels and Knuckles having one or two Werehog style levels) to make the game have more content
Yeah, hopefully SEGA makes something like it again

but minus the werehog stages.
I'd settle for just a port. The PC modding community would be able to just mod the werehog sections out or find a way to improve them. Depending on how moddable the game is, they could potentially even make new playable characters.

I'd settle for just a port. The PC modding community would be able to just mod the werehog sections out or find a way to improve them. Depending on how moddable the game is, they could potentially even make new playable characters.
I’d rather improve the Werehog stages rather than remove them because the game literally revolves around that mechanic (It’s called Unleashed for a reason). Again, this could just be my Nostalgia Goggles, but the Werehog stages were fun albeit a little slow

I never played the original game, but from what i saw in gameplay it seems like a very good game.

At least we still got the Unleashed Project on PC.

PS: Sega should really do a boost game that is the same as Unleashed, no gimmick (the Wisps in Colors were fun but they overstayed their welcome), no short levels, no challenges/missions to get to the boss and finally no stages that are in 2.5D or in a 3-lanes autorun section for more than half of it.

PPS: We're just talking about the PS360/HD version here right? How was the PS2/Wii one (nicknamed Unwiished by some)?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back