Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0

[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0 2.0.17

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
View attachment 82640Minecart Test Zone
This thing only happens in multiplayer.
I'm fully aware, and it's not going to be fixed as for one, it feels like a jenga tower with how it's setup, and two, it can serve as an example of how setting up the track wrong can break things.

It is a leftover dev map after all.
Post automatically merged:

I remember there was a different version of the 2.2 Greenflower boss where instead of having the new laser sprites, it uses the old 2.1 sprites.
You can see it here in a old playthrough
Why wasn't it included?
Most 2.2 content wasn't included as it's considered present day. Plus I don't remember that version of the boss.

Unlockable Spoilers!Whoever decided that Metal's Challenge on 2.1 CEZ2 was a good idea is a fucking sadist.

To be fair, I only recorded votes, not who made them. Most of the stages chosen were ones chosen by the community at large. The circuit stages were my idea

Oh dear. (This is ERZ1... 2.0-2.0.4, and I'm not entirely sure if this is intentional, or if it happens on the other versions including the 2.1 versions.)
srb20175.gif

Unlockable Spoilers!Whoever decided that Metal's Challenge on 2.1 CEZ2 was a good idea is a fucking sadist.
Correction: 2.1 AERIAL GARDEN ZONE. That stage is hard enough, why was it voted for tier 4?! I was legit speedrunning that stage trying to beat Metal Sonic! Yes, speedrunning Aerial Garden Zone from v2.1. As Tails because tails spin fly go *insert bass boost*. Would've done the run as SA-Sonic if he knew how to be careful.

Correction: 2.1 AERIAL GARDEN ZONE. That stage is hard enough, why was it voted for tier 4?! I was legit speedrunning that stage trying to beat Metal Sonic! Yes, speedrunning Aerial Garden Zone from v2.1. As Tails because tails spin fly go *insert bass boost*. Would've done the run as SA-Sonic if he knew how to be careful.
to be fair in my experience aerial garden is way more flexible, because of how long it is there's plenty of time to build up a ton of distance between yourself and metal, especially in segments where the platforming is pretty stop and go (and especially especially if you play as super sonic)

CEZ2 though is pretty short and many more instances where you can waste a lot of time getting past an obstacle! fun

It is hard to get time emblem in Spring Hill zone 2.1."I can't get in nights mode since you have to complete under 1 minute. In 2.1 was it easy that you can get without nights mode. Since you have to collect rings in original 2.1 and in the the past mod you have to collect chips. Making this 10 rings monitor useless.. It was usefull in 2.1
I think this time emblem is impossible. There should make this easier

Well here's the crazy thing, The stage was originally considered for the final challenge
Oh dear. (This is ERZ1... 2.0-2.0.4, and I'm not entirely sure if this is intentional, or if it happens on the other versions including the 2.1 versions.)
View attachment 82701
How'd you do that?

I know you've made us aware quite a few times that this level pack uses MIDI music, but is there a way we can have only digital music? You know, for those of us who don't like using MIDI? Such as myself?

well you can put together your own music packs, but digital music had been removed from some of these levels as part of accuracy updates in the past. The Bonus music DLC pack has the CD soundtrack of the Christmas Demo levels at least.

well you can put together your own music packs, but digital music had been removed from some of these levels as part of accuracy updates in the past. The Bonus music DLC pack has the CD soundtrack of the Christmas Demo levels at least.
But I wanted that to apply to the other demo levels up until Demo 4. On top of that, Debut Greenflower still has MIDI music with the Bonus Music enabled for some reason. If you can fix that, can you also apply the Final Demo music towards the Demo levels while you're at it? Or at least convert some of the midis in the mod to digital music? I got around to making a music_remade pk3 conversion, and was making a separate version supporting this mod, but everything I put over MIDI music straight up didn't work.

View attachment 82701
Ok I can confirm this is a legacy bug that got fixed in the 2.0 era, however I'll have to think about how to handle this one and if I want to do a particial fix, to show the original bug, or a full fix for the sake of game play. I'm leaning towards full fix as that's the easiest option at the moment
uh glaber the music isn't working
Turn on midi playback

I've really been enjoying the mod so far. Can I ask where you can find Forest Fortress upon unlocking it?

I've really been enjoying the mod so far. Can I ask where you can find Forest Fortress upon unlocking it?
I dont know,im close of getting Forest Fortress since i currently 54 emblems.Yeah,not much of a collector,but i try my best with Tails.

Back