• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: DX!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys made any progress since the release of the beta? It's been a while now and we haven't got anything new. I bet many of us would like to have a new version to play around with.

well, I don't see you wanting the next version of SRB2. Me (and SS005 probably) are trying to find time outside of school to work on the wad. I don't know how far SS005 is on the levels(SS005, think you can post the progress), and I just can't find time to rip sprites. As well as fixing the stuff wrong with the wad(IE: Those pink dots). So, please, FireKid and everyone else, wait. That's all I ask. I promise you it shall be worth it.

That's because of SADX's annoying camera changes. It's nearly impossible to get it all the same size. (Ps: QUIT IGNORING ME FORUM! ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT I SAY!)

BlazeHedgehog said:
Isn't there a high-res sprite option, which resizes it down to half? (effectively allowing you to have sprites for 640x480 resolution)

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier in this thread.

Okaaaaayyy.... Back on topic:

Why don't you release the Sonic character wad BEFORE you make SRB2:DX? It'll probably take you a long time to do SRB2:DX, and we'd have to wait for the character wad for eternity. >_<

Why not, not make SRB2: DX? To be frank, it's a sucky idea. Making levels strictly based on real levels, is not fun. Using the same graphics on the other hand...

Firekid wrote:
I also saw while using the character that the rolling and jumping animation is too big. It's supposed to be the same size as the character while when jumping it's larger than the character.

We're aware of it.[/quote]

......."Rival Blaze"?

Instead of competing with him, why not work with him? If you can get Tails DX sprites (And I use the term "Sprites" lightly.) and Kunckles DX sprites, then join it with SASRB2, then you can make a great game with less effort. SRB2: DX? So are those sprites the only thing in SRB2: DX? If so, then I'm gonna have to agree with Cy-Chan. If you don't want to join your DX sprites with SASRB2, then you should just stop with SRB2: DX and just make wads of them. Unless you wanna go through coding stuff into SRB2 like stupid camera angles and deaths every few minutes. Sure you could make new levels into SRB2: DX but that's just ripping off SASRB2. Blaze kinda got there first so if you're looking into competing with SASRB2, then you're gonna have to find something more than new levels and sprites.

Sorry to be so harsh but I think these sprites have something ahead of them. They could rock the world if you use them right. I'm not sure if using them with SASRB2 is right, but I'm just handing out suggestions and all. Please forgive me if this post angers you but I'm just making a few suggestions here and there. =\

JJames19119 said:
......."Rival Blaze"?

Instead of competing with him, why not work with him? If you can get Tails DX sprites (And I use the term "Sprites" lightly.) and Kunckles DX sprites, then join it with SASRB2, then you can make a great game with less effort. SRB2: DX? So are those sprites the only thing in SRB2: DX? If so, then I'm gonna have to agree with Cy-Chan. If you don't want to join your DX sprites with SASRB2, then you should just stop with SRB2: DX and just make wads of them. Unless you wanna go through coding stuff into SRB2 like stupid camera angles and deaths every few minutes. Sure you could make new levels into SRB2: DX but that's just ripping off SASRB2. Blaze kinda got there first so if you're looking into competing with SASRB2, then you're gonna have to find something more than new levels and sprites.

Sorry to be so harsh but I think these sprites have something ahead of them. They could rock the world if you use them right. I'm not sure if using them with SASRB2 is right, but I'm just handing out suggestions and all. Please forgive me if this post angers you but I'm just making a few suggestions here and there. =\

Actually, that's not bad :wink: .
I also thought of teaming up with blaze :mrgreen: !
That would be cool, and it would make sense.

We can't be called "Team Sonic Adventure",
But it could be "Team SASRB2" or "Team SRB2-DX".
Will we have replaced maps?

I have one question...

HOW DO YOU RIP SPRITES FROM PLAIN SNAPSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THats just crazyness that people can do that!

ANd wats taking so long on the SADX textures?

Calm down furyhunter600, it takes patients for stuff to get done. Look, SRB2 hasn't updated in more than a year. Just wait, we'll try to release a demo soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back