• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic: Planetary Panic

I almost got locked out of my MB account. But I'm back. I'll go ahead and update this page soon.

I really do need to update this as it is now very out of date in showcasing what there is.

Last edited:
I need people to help with coding in lua and C. I need people to help build the levels. I need people who can help with this project in general! If you want to help this project progress faster just let me know!

View attachment 39006

View attachment 22590
This mod will contain a new character, new playstyles for existing characters, a story, and various other things. It is an EXE mod but android users do not worry! The project is based on android-port-next so that I can easily make an android version. Currently there is not available beta for download. Though I will compile one soon to get some feedback.

Here are some things that I have to show:
  • New Menus! (very W.I.P.)
attachment.php

• Custom Momentum and Physics changes!
  • New Bosses
  • New enemies
  • 90% original music!
  • Brand new HUD
  • Shadow and Silver!
View attachment 39008

Now I know this seems ambitious but hear me out. I'm determined to finish this. and that determination is very powerful. When I'm determined to do something I'm going to do it gosh dang it! I'm also open to help. Right now this is pretty much a 1 person team working on it, with the occasional help from someone else on a specific thing.
I don't know if I would actually be useful because Im not that experienced in lua

But looking forward to playing it

Damn this is amazing, I would help but I'm currently working on my own mod, and I probably wouldn't lend much in anyways. Still amazing job so far!

I'm really glad to be helping with this. Yes, I am an artist and sprites for this game. Can't wait to see more people enter the dev team!

Reply: Non-CrossMomentum Version?

I'll include an option that disables some of the CrossMomentum Features for those who don't like it. though some of the level design requires things like building momentum and the abilities so I will have it disable as much as it possibly can without breaking the level design. I'll set it up so that when you start a new game along with the difficulty selection you will get a Playstyle Selection. That is where this Non-CrossMomentum option will be. It will change out the physics to be more akin to Vanilla SRB2 but now with some momentum tweaks so that the levels still work as intended.
You do know Cobalt made a Momentum Mod right? I like it the most because it doesn't change the abilities (though it does change certain things like 50 fracunit thok and tails fly just feels like you're being held by a rope when you are going up... they're not that bad of a change though), I also do not like Cross Momentum either.
Post automatically merged:

Damn i would have lived to help
loved

so, you want some help? i guess i could try and be one of the mappers!

DID YOU JUST RUN ON THAT CEILING?!?!?!
this is very hype:wow:
also i can be a mapper but my building is pretty sloppy

Last edited:
I honestly don't remember exactly when this thread took its current shape, but at the moment I fear it is not much different than a begging thread. Despite having advertised far and wide that this project is going to be its own game and promised all kinds of feature creeping here and there that you're not even sure you can deliver, most of the meager content you've showcased so far is from other people (more specifically, their characters interacting with your assets, CrossMomentum and one level snippet). Hyping people and recruiting their work on so many fields to a personal project of which so much is still on the drawing board - and for what the existence of a drawing board is questionable - is simply unacceptable.

You have the option to revert the thread to simply a progress logging thread as it was before, without the "help wanted" signage. Do not use it to recruit further help for the project until a sizeable part of your promised goals are complete. The thread will need to be closed and a warning administered otherwise.

I honestly don't remember exactly when this thread took its current shape, but at the moment I fear it is not much different than a begging thread. Despite having advertised far and wide that this project is going to be its own game and promised all kinds of feature creeping here and there that you're not even sure you can deliver, most of the meager content you've showcased so far is from other people (more specifically, their characters interacting with your assets, CrossMomentum and one level snippet). Hyping people and recruiting their work on so many fields to a personal project of which so much is still on the drawing board - and for what the existence of a drawing board is questionable - is simply unacceptable.

You have the option to revert the thread to simply a progress logging thread as it was before, without the "help wanted" signage. Do not use it to recruit further help for the project until a sizeable part of your promised goals are complete. The thread will need to be closed and a warning administered otherwise.

...Simply unacceptable, huh. What would that precedent mean for MRCE or Madness Sapphire? Those packs are trying to be similarly large full game packages, with editing threads asking for any and all volunteer work.

(Also just a sidenote, as part of the dev server SPP dev has been taking place in since April of 2020 or so, I can personally attest that the content made for it is not "meager,". There has been a great deal made, remade, and scrapped. If anything I think the pack lacks direction and planning, but locking the thread and/or infracting her for that feels like a step too far. While it's beneficial to have a good plan lain out, it should not be FORCED to be the case )

...Simply unacceptable, huh. What would that precedent mean for MRCE or Madness Sapphire? Those packs are trying to be similarly large full game packages, with editing threads asking for any and all volunteer work.

(Also just a sidenote, as part of the dev server SPP dev has been taking place in since April of 2020 or so, I can personally attest that the content made for it is not "meager,". There has been a great deal made, remade, and scrapped. If anything I think the pack lacks direction and planning, but locking the thread and/or infracting her for that feels like a step too far. While it's beneficial to have a good plan lain out, it should not be FORCED to be the case )
MRCE, though incomplete, already has releases with abundant progress; Madness Sapphire has enough original level pack content to show for itself in its thread. Planetary Panic however proposes itself - in the project author's words - to be and require much more resources than a level pack (voice actors???) while the content shown is not nearly proportional to that scale. We don't want to create a precedent where someone can just waltz into this subforum with little more than a title screen mockup to announce they're making a project of a scale they can't handle and still feel comfortable with recruiting a whole gamedev team to make the other 95% for them while all they do is wave the baton: there already are rules in place that come together against this.

Razz has already reverted the thread as requested and thus they're not in danger of being infracted, though now that it's been revealed that there is actual content to show, a recruitment thread that actually showcases that content is now an option. That's all we require from threads as proof that someone is not just an idea guy: progress.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back