Sonic New

[Open Assets] Sonic New v1.1e

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Ok Recent Tails update:
I remade some code so it lags less. The code for tornado is collision check, carry code is in PlayerThink and stuff shouldn`t lag much now.
Also i hosted with some people.

Edit: funny bug i found.
srb25931.gif

Attachments

• meme2.gif
    meme2.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I got an idea for a replacement for Spindash.
Its similar but still cool.
srb26042.gif

Post automatically merged:

I need ideas...
i got an extra button mid-air while not flying and on ground. Idk what to put there.

I did make some kind of a propeller but its kinda useless.
srb26079.gif

Last edited:
maybe some kind of move for tails to dive down in flight to bounce high off an enemy and refly, but only if he hits an enemy on the way down?

I got an idea for a replacement for Spindash.
Its similar but still cool.
View attachment 82790

I need ideas...
i got an extra button mid-air while not flying and on ground. Idk what to put there.

I did make some kind of a propeller but its kinda useless.
View attachment 82791
i think building some objects like spring monitors or friendly enemies would be cool

Ok so poll or something for an custom ability mid-air:

Dropfly: Hold C1 mid-air to charge your fly and when on ground fly high into the air. (You can fly or not fly, you choose)

Air ball: Press C1 mid-air to spawn a rollout rock (that one RVZ ball that you can ride), other people can ride it and you can.

Light Burst (from Ori Collection): Hold C1 mid-air to slow down and get ready to throw a ball, after releasing C1 you will throw it in the direction you are looking (Z Aim is considered too). Ball: Ball can be used as a projectile (later, i plan to add Bash ability from Ori Collection to sonic and he can bash from the ball) and uh it explodes after a few seconds after hitting the ground.

Light burst seems interesting, especially for clearing out a bunch of badniks, and I think it's the move of the 3 that I can think of an animation for that references an official game (with drop-fly I can only think of the thing Tails does when starting to fly in AoStH, and only for when it's used on the ground), with the previously mentioned light burst animation referencing that arm cannon Tails had in Sonic Battle. Maybe if there were to be custom sprites for the animation, Tails could charge up like Mega Man before shooting.

Honestly me and chrispy are both liking the Light Burst.

Light burst seems interesting, especially for clearing out a bunch of badniks, and I think it's the move of the 3 that I can think of an animation for that references an official game (with drop-fly I can only think of the thing Tails does when starting to fly in AoStH, and only for when it's used on the ground), with the previously mentioned light burst animation referencing that arm cannon Tails had in Sonic Battle. Maybe if there were to be custom sprites for the animation, Tails could charge up like Mega Man before shooting.
And for the animation. I dont really do sprites or actually edit them so some mixing like roll anims with tails run anims and some fall anims will do i think.

Right now its 0:0:2 (excluding me, Dropfly : Air ball : Light Burst)
So i made some lua and i got this.
srb26263.gif
srb26264.gif

(Uncharged and Charged, no proper visuals yet, you can suggest me some visuals wind/air related)

Attachments

• srb26260.gif
    srb26260.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • srb26261.gif
    srb26261.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 67
  • srb26262.gif
    srb26262.gif
    2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I made some more things like: throw "animation" and some knockback from it. And made the ball ridable and added a carry type to it.
srb26311.gif

Also it interacts with some objects and slopes. (Including the Azure Temple Zone puzzle objects.

The ride thing:
srb26417.gif

And carry type in use:
srb26337.gif

So instead of that weird dust devil move i made a bounce pad.
To use it you press c1 on ground.
If someone jumps on it then they will be flung into the air.
srb26460.gif
srb26467.gif

Ok so Recent Tails is done and that means its time for some overhaul for Sonic new and Team New.

Last edited:
in the new sonic new version is there gonna be a command to reduce the sonic frontiers dash thing?

if you wanna use a 3d model for sonicnew put this in your models.dat
SONICNEW PLAY/SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0
(or, if you're using another sonic model, copy the original line, and put new after sonic.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back