I know this is sorta off topic, but it's still Sonic related.
What do you guys think about the third Sonic The Hedgehog movie coming out next year? The two movies were great and I'd say Jim Carrey nailed it as Robotnik. The second movie is my favorite because of how they introduced Tails and Knuckles. I really liked how they gave us Knuckle's back story and character development (and if you haven't guessed yet, Knuckles is my favorite Sonic character.)

So, What ya guys think? Who else is gonna be in the third movie?

P.S. Be careful with spoilers, please.

I know this is sorta off topic, but it's still Sonic related.
What do you guys think about the third Sonic The Hedgehog movie coming out next year? The two movies were great and I'd say Jim Carrey nailed it as Robotnik. The second movie is my favorite because of how they introduced Tails and Knuckles. I really liked how they gave us Knuckle's back story and character development (and if you haven't guessed yet, Knuckles is my favorite Sonic character.)

So, What ya guys think? Who else is gonna be in the third movie?

P.S. Be careful with spoilers, please.
It's obvious that Shadow is going to be featured in this next movie.
Since I've heard Jim Carrey is (sadly) letting go of the Eggman role, my prediction is that the whole movie will be based around Sonic and Shadow's rivalry, much like in SA2/SA2B.
That's all I can really say, but I can agree on what you said about the past two movies(though tails is my favorite character, haha).

*also...release date is dec. 20th, 2024! idk if that's subject to change, tho...*

It's obvious that Shadow is going to be featured in this next movie.
Since I've heard Jim Carrey is (sadly) letting go of the Eggman role, my prediction is that the whole movie will be based around Sonic and Shadow's rivalry, much like in SA2/SA2B.
That's all I can really say, but I can agree on what you said about the past two movies(though tails is my favorite character, haha).

*also...release date is dec. 20th, 2024! idk if that's subject to change, tho...*
I agree that Shadow will be in it, because of how great of a rivalry he and Sonic have. I also wonder if Metal Sonic will make an appearance in the movie (or at least in the credits.) If Eggman does return, I wonder if he'll come back from gaining a bit of weight and is starting to look more like the video game Eggman. I also wonder if Amy Rose will join the cast as well, given she is a character that is VERY attached to Sonic and could show some good support to the main charcters.

Idk about that change in subject either, but thanks for the info!

I agree that Shadow will be in it, because of how great of a rivalry he and Sonic have.
And...also cuz of the post-credits scene in the second movie. Can't forget that!
Idk about that change in subject either, but thanks for the info!
I meant "idk if that's subject to change" as "idk if the date of release may change as it gets closer". It's kinda common to say "subject to change".

I'm just begging, to see the Cyclone (The tornado from SA2 in case you don't know, or I said it wrong), Amy and Rouge, even as a cameo, but what I NEED to see, is Super Sonic and Super Shadow.

The fact that Metal Sonic never make appearance in Paramout Sonic movies. I'm guessing that it would be low possibility that they will add Metal Sonic in the Sonic Movie 3.

Sonic movie 3 will most likely be a combination between sonic adventure 1, and 2 with Amy probably being introduced like Tails, maybe following sonic, with Metal sonic being a small minor villain. Eggman will also probably be dead (if Jim is really does quit) or will be some way limited. Its probably going to be pretty bloated

Alright,here are my speculations.Warning if this is a lot of text,but its all i want to say about this discussion.

By watching the secret ending after the credits in second movie,it was shown that Shadow got found after the Death Egg Robot battle,which means that there is no doubt that he will be in the movie.

Jim Carrey left the team,meaning that Eggman in the movie will either be dead (most likely not,since this is a mostly family friendly movie trilogy), or get a new actor in replacement (maybe even make him gain weight and have the iconic suit to look more like the Eggman from the games).

For the main cast,all three will surely return,and i would like to see more backstory of Tails (i didnt watched the second movie,so i dont really know if it was already told). For new faces,i think that Metal Sonic is not gonna make it in. If we are putting in the fact Eggman died after the events of Sonic 2,then it wouldnt make sense,considering that there is no one as smart as Eggman to create him. UNLESS, the Police have ordered their best robot creators to make Metal Sonic,who would fight against Shadow,but somehow fight Sonic instead.

Amy might make an appearance (or at least a cameo),but i would keep the cast without her. I mean,every game made this year features Amy:
- Sonic Origins Plus included Amy as a playable character
- Amy's Birthday was the main event in The Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic Frontiers Update 3 makes Amy a playable character
- Sonic Superstar has made Amy a playable character.

You get the point,right?
If so,i wouldnt like to see Amy in this one. This goes the same with Rouge,as i think it wouldnt really be appropriate for younger audiences (giving her physical appearance) plus the fact that she would canonicly be older than any of the other anthromorphobic characters (except Shadow), as she is depicted as 18 years of age in Sonic Channel (an official Sonic website in Japan).

Thats all i have to say.

Alright,here are my speculations.Warning if this is a lot of text,but its all i want to say about this discussion.

By watching the secret ending after the credits in second movie,it was shown that Shadow got found after the Death Egg Robot battle,which means that there is no doubt that he will be in the movie.

Jim Carrey left the team,meaning that Eggman in the movie will either be dead (most likely not,since this is a mostly family friendly movie trilogy), or get a new actor in replacement (maybe even make him gain weight and have the iconic suit to look more like the Eggman from the games).

For the main cast,all three will surely return,and i would like to see more backstory of Tails (i didnt watched the second movie,so i dont really know if it was already told). For new faces,i think that Metal Sonic is not gonna make it in. If we are putting in the fact Eggman died after the events of Sonic 2,then it wouldnt make sense,considering that there is no one as smart as Eggman to create him. UNLESS, the Police have ordered their best robot creators to make Metal Sonic,who would fight against Shadow,but somehow fight Sonic instead.

Amy might make an appearance (or at least a cameo),but i would keep the cast without her. I mean,every game made this year features Amy:
- Sonic Origins Plus included Amy as a playable character
- Amy's Birthday was the main event in The Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic Frontiers Update 3 makes Amy a playable character
- Sonic Superstar has made Amy a playable character.

You get the point,right?
If so,i wouldnt like to see Amy in this one. This goes the same with Rouge,as i think it wouldnt really be appropriate for younger audiences (giving her physical appearance) plus the fact that she would canonicly be older than any of the other anthromorphobic characters (except Shadow), as she is depicted as 18 years of age in Sonic Channel (an official Sonic website in Japan).

Thats all i have to say.
Really good speculations. And btw, it isnt show too much of Tails backstory in Sonic 2, the closet thing to backstory by him, said by himself really quickly mentioning "In my village, everyone thought i was weird" but no scene like the Sonic 2 Sonic Origins intro or something.

I believe eggman will most likely come back in the mid to end of the movie, most likely as a different actor. and as for rouge, Sega has toned down her design before, most notably in sonic prime, so i believe they can incorporate her in the movie, as she is VERY important for sa2. One last thing, metal sonic is almost 100% going to be in the movie, post credits or not, thats really all i have to say

After 2, Jeff Fowler said they won't recast Robotnik if Jim Carrey won't reprise his role for 3, IIRC. The attitude may have changed since then, but it's best to consider the variable that unless Jim DOES come back, we probably won't have Robotnik in the movie at all.

In any case, what I'd want from the movie is to put less focus on the supporting human cast (aside for those that would be important to the SA2 story beats, of course), stop chickening out on composing music closer to the games and really just make it overall more mature. And I don't mean make it higher rated, just get rid of the awful fart jokes and Fortnite references. Super Mario Bros. movie didn't need any of it and it was made by freaking Illumination, so what is Paramount's excuse?

I don't know what really to expect about the music, but wow, with the stuff we know that's gonna be on the movie, imagine if we get music from the Sonic 3 & Knuckles OST... Or even songs from the Sonic Adventure games on it

I don't know if getting a song like Live & Learn or Escape From The City is possible on the movie, but i'm hopeful that we get a song that gives a similar vibe and feeling to them, at least

Better if they add "Here i come rougher than the rest of them" too

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back