• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic and the Madness Sapphire (Collab project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
while im working on the enemies, I decided to show how the Special Stages will work
the SS (names Chaotic Madness, due to the 8 gems sharing the stages) will require the player to reach the end of a platforming challenge,
with some enemies from the normal stages trying to stop you from reaching the end
every stage will have a slightly different challenge with a single sphere at the end
the time to beat the stages wont be enough, this is why clocks were added
View attachment 39605
there are 2 variants of the clock, 1 will give 20 seconds, the other 10
the 8th special stage is more special, it will have 4 challenges and a boss fight with the APZ's boss, if you manage to complete tje stage you will "tame" the Madness Sapphire and unlock the Hyper form for Sonic/Knuckles/Metal, while the others get a Super form
Woah, sounds neat! Can't wait to check it out once finished!

Just wanted to show that we got the title screen working, I may show more later this day
srb21149.gif

Post automatically merged:

I wasnt expecting it, but now we got a Title Card too!
srb21169.gif
srb21170.gif

Last edited:
Spoiler: He leaked the answer on the community Discord.

And I ate all the cookies
They were very tasty.
. _.
lets not make useless posts team lmao

not much to show today, only a new more purple Menu (might get improved in the future)
im working on the custom enemies meanwhile and will soon show them
srb21189.gif

Last edited:
time to finally show the new enemies I was working on:
Bronze Crawla: a simple crawla that occasionally shoots a bullet, it was planned to give it..wall climbing abilities..but they werent added yet
srb21207.gif

Silver Crawla: a very defensive but slow crawla, it has 3 hp and can shoot torpedos, attacking it or staying to close to him will make him panic, run away and shoot more, lets just say using brute force isnt a good idea against it
srb21211.gif

Golden Crawla: this one is a special one! there will be one hidden in every normal stage and it will run away as soon as you approach him, will you be able to catch all 16 of them?
srb21212.gif

Sniper Turret: the aircraft's defence! it can be quite dangerous, be careful, hiding is the best strategy
srb21214.gif

Bomber Hood: full of bombs, ready to throw them! luckily he isnt fast at doing that
srb21215.gif

Icy Spring Shell: they have a special shell to make them resist the cold and give them 2 hp, sadly their spring got frozen and doesnt work anymore, but they learned how to slide in the snow!
srb21217.gif

Broken Icy Spring Shell: turns out their shell wasnt good enough, as most of them broke and lost their wheels, eggman didnt have time to repair them, so he just gave them tubes to absrob and throw freezing ice
srb21218.gif

Bronze Buzz: finally remade, these new buzzes will roam around the area, if they notice you they will shoot and run away, a sneak attack is the way to go
srb21219.gif

Flame Crawla: with 2 hp, a flame shield and a flamethrower, they sure are dangerous..if you dont have an elemental shield
srb21220.gif

Orange Crawla: the diggers of DMZ, they will hide underground until you get close enough, they will then come out of the ground and attack!
(this crawla was first made for MRCE, but they will have a slightly different one instead)
(also, their sprites are placeholder, they will later have drills)
srb21221.gif

just realized I used all the gifs slots so..Ill show the other enemies soon

after checking there was only 1 enemy left so..here
Jetty-Syn Zapper: a fast Jetty equipped with a flaming purple laser, dodge them quickly!
srb21223.gif

there are a few enemies left to code, but they are missing sprites, this is one of them that will come soon:
seashell.gif

and if you are wondering in what map these gifs were taken..more info on that soon

Last edited:
while im working on the enemies, I decided to show how the Special Stages will work
the SS (names Chaotic Madness, due to the 8 gems sharing the stages) will require the player to reach the end of a platforming challenge,
with some enemies from the normal stages trying to stop you from reaching the end
every stage will have a slightly different challenge with a single sphere at the end
the time to beat the stages wont be enough, this is why clocks were added
View attachment 39605
there are 2 variants of the clock, 1 will give 20 seconds, the other 10
the 8th special stage is more special, it will have 4 challenges and a boss fight with the APZ's boss, if you manage to complete tje stage you will "tame" the Madness Sapphire and unlock the Hyper form for Sonic/Knuckles/Metal, while the others get a Super form
Woah, that's uniquely styled in a way is pretty cool, and I'm genuinely excited to see something like this expanded over development. The extra objects added are a nice twist to special stages, being able to collect time in these special stages are convenient.

Woah, that's uniquely styled in a way is pretty cool, and I'm genuinely excited to see something like this expanded over development. The extra objects added are a nice twist to special stages, being able to collect time in these special stages are convenient.
we are also giving them custm skies!
CM1DEST.png
CM2EST256.png

quick note: I might have to remove the APZ's boss from the 8th special stage, cause the level is arleady long and very hard
srb21237.gif

the boss will appear..somewhere else

Last edited:
I think Its time to show it, one of the 3 unlockable levels is..The Arena
srb21277.gif

its made of 28 waves of enemies, each wave has the enemies of a specific stage, scaling in difficulty every wave, the first waves will have few enemies and usually only one type of them, but they will later increase in size and types (and eventually including bosses too)
srb21269.gif

since not everyone likes fighting enemies that much, unless you want to 100% the mod this stage is entirely skippable, as its only reward for completing waves are emblems, that are given after defeating wave 7, 14, 21 and 28
srb21271.gif

today I wanted to show new enemies and..something else we did, but its taking more time than I tought so Ill have to show them another time
I instead decided to drop some of the lore about the enemies:
first off, all of the enemies were made by the Chaos Computer in SatBW, but it was destroyed before it could use them, Eggman just took what it had made and went away
all of the enemies were brought to North Island by aircrafts located in RPZ2, but why are the enemies in their stages?

Autumn Plains Zone (Bronze Buzz, Purple Crawla, Sleeping Bronze Buzz):
these enemies are actually scanning this area that Eggman didnt explore much (who knows, there might be another gem here)
while the Sleeping buzzes are just recharging
this is why they arent much of a threat to sonic

Rabble Peaks Zone (Bronze Crawla, Bomber Hood, Sniper Turret):
these crawlas basically do the same as the purple ones, but they were specifically made to travel mountains, hence why they are here
the bomber hoods and sniper turrets are instead just protecting the aircrafts

Snow Top Zone (Icy Shell, Broken Icy Shell, Jetty-Syn Freezer):
these enemies weren't yet tested by the Computer, thus Eggman tested them himself, while the Jetties worked, the Icy Shells's springs stopped working and most of them almost entirely broke (their frost-resistance armor wasnt good enough), Eggman didnt have time to repair them, so now they just absorb the snow under them and shoot it in compressed ice

Dug Maze Zone (Silver Crawla, Orange Crawla, Jetty-Syn Digger):
the orange crawla and jetty's reasons are obvious enough (they were looking for the sapphire here), while the silver crawlas are here cause they are travelling, they are supposed to go to Terror Workshop, too bad Sonic is the fastest thing alive..

Deep Lake Zone (Lightbulb Jaw, Shell Shoker, ???):
similar reason to Snow Top's, the Computer made them to resist even the deepest waters, but didnt actually found anywhere he could test them, so its up to eggman to test them (luckily they work this time)

Eclipse Meadow Zone (Flame Crawla, Jetty-Syn Zapper, ???):
the flame crawlas are here to burn the forest down(to expand TWZ), while the Jetties had that reason too, until they somehow obtained the forest's Eclipse Fire and, even if the fire itself is stronger, they cant burn down the forest anymore!
Eggman left them there as to hunt down Sonic instead

Terror Workshop Zone (Black Crawla, Black Buzzes, Jetty-Syn Rocketeer, Silver Crawla)
the elite 3, these enemies have been powered to ultimate levels! if the others cant defeat Sonic, they most definitively can..right?
the Silver Crawlas should have came to protect the place too..but we know what happened to them

Golden Crawla: this one is a special one! there will be one hidden in every normal stage and it will run away as soon as you approach him, will you be able to catch all 16 of them?
Interesting! An enemy that goes to a completion counter! Right?

there is 1 enemy left to code but meanwhile I decided to show..
the new monitors and shields:

Time Ring Monitor:
a special monitor that will give 50 rings if obtained in 10 seconds from the start of a level, after 10 seconds it will give less and less until it will give 0 after a minute! there will be one hidden near the start of every stage (but not all characters will be able to get the 50 bonus, depends on the stage)
srb21392.gif

Eclipse Shield Monitor:
this new shield uses the Eclipse Meadow's magic eclipse fire to protect Sonic
active ability, eclipse shot: Sonic will automaticall aim and shoot at the nearest target, this will give him a bit of knockback though
passive ability, eclipse slam: when falling the shield will charge up energy, if it charges for long it will damage all enemies around once landed
extra: the shield will also protect sonic from any eclipse fire or laser that the Jetty-Syn Zapper may shoot
srb21394.gif
srb21395.gif

and now its time to introduce our new feature..the special rings!
special rings can be collected from a monitor (cant have more than one though) and will have a special ability based on the ring
if collected, they will appear next to the lifes counter, and display extra info if needed

Frost Ring:
can protect from being frozen once and makes the ice not slippery
after protecting from freezing/taking damage, the ring will break
srb21396.gif

Flame Ring:
protects from any type of fire and lava, but has durability, so be careful!
this ring too will break if you get hit
srb21341.gif

Obsidian Ring:
this ring has 2 functions that can be activated, but you can only choose one
fire: by pressuing C1 + SPIN the ring will shoot itself and cause an explosion
shield: by pressing C1 + JUMP + SPIN the ring will create a shield around the player, if you get hit it will do a much smaller explosion
srb21401.gif
srb21407.gif

Last edited:
there is 1 enemy left to code but meanwhile I decided to show..
the new monitors and shields:

Time Ring Monitor:
a special monitor that will give 50 rings if obtained in 10 seconds from the start of a level, after 10 seconds it will give less and less until it will give 0 after a minute! there will be one hidden near the start of every stage (but not all characters will be able to get the 50 bonus, depends on the stage)
View attachment 40654
Eclipse Shield Monitor:
this new shield uses the Eclipse Meadow's magic eclipse fire to protect Sonic
active ability, eclipse shot: Sonic will automaticall aim and shoot at the nearest target, this will give him a bit of knockback though
passive ability, eclipse slam: when falling the shield will charge up energy, if it charges for long it will damage all enemies around once landed
extra: the shield will also protect sonic from any eclipse fire or laser that the Jetty-Syn Zapper may shoot
View attachment 40656View attachment 40657

and now its time to introduce our new feature..the special rings!
special rings can be collected from a monitor (cant have more than one though) and will have a special ability based on the ring
if collected, they will appear next to the lifes counter, and display extra info if needed

Frost Ring:
can protect from being frozen once and makes the ice not slippery
after protecting from freezing/taking damage, the ring will break
View attachment 40658
Flame Ring:
protects from any type of fire and lava, but has durability, so be careful!
this ring too will break if you get hit
View attachment 40659

Obsidian Ring:
this ring has 2 functions that can be activated, but you can only choose one
fire: by pressuing C1 + SPIN the ring will shoot itself and cause an explosion
shield: by pressing C1 + JUMP + SPIN the ring will create a shield around the player, if you get hit it will do a much smaller explosion
View attachment 40660View attachment 40661
I like these concepts! A ring that acts as protection AND a weapon? Neat!!!

Time to show a few more enemies
Electric Buzz:
another ones of the Computer's not tested inventions, these buzzes were supposed to swim super fast underwater and shoot electric bolts, but they broke, at least they still are a good trap
srb21461.gif

Jetty-Syn Driller:
drillers of DMZ, these jetties cannot shoot, but will use their drills to their advantage
srb21462.gif

Shell Shocker: robots that look like shells, packed up with torpedoes, ready to shoot!
srb21463.gif

Spectral Buzz:
at first meant to sneak attack Sonic, these buzzes obtained the ability to create phantom copies that will chase sonic down!
srb21464.gif

we basically have almost all assets complete, sadly we have few mappes so development of those isnt going fast at all..if any mappers want to help us out feel free to join our discord server! (link in my signature)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back