• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic and the Madness Sapphire (Collab project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicia.iso

Simple coder girl
Its me, you probably know me from the..not-released-cause-its-old map pack: BrokenWorld..or you probably just dont know me at all
after getting some experience at Team Prismatic I mainly learned one thing: that doing these mods alone is hard, this is why..
this new mod is gonna be a collab, everyone can join (link in my signature)

now..lets get to the mod

A month after the events of BrokenWorld...
Eggman is tired of the Chaos Emeralds, and in a pinch decides to venture far off in the sea in hope to find anything
that could help him
he eventually finds North Island, a mysterious island never found by anyone else in this world,
He also finds the Madness Sapphire, a gem filled with negative energy that has powers similar to the Phantom Ruby.
some time later...
Sonic randomly finds the island while flying with tails in the Tornado, but they get shot down!
What is Eggman planning this time?​

The mod's planned stages
Autumn Plains Zone
Rabble Peaks Zone
Snow Top Zone
Dug Maze Zone
Deep Lake Zone
Eclipse Meadow Zone
Terror Workshop Zone
???
???
???
??? (more on these in the future)
Post automatically merged:

Oh wait ups, forgot the attach the gifs, Ill send them now

Last edited:
lol sorry, here you go

Attachments

• srb20974.gif
    srb20974.gif
    6 MB · Views: 319
  • srb20976.gif
    srb20976.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 172
  • srb20977.gif
    srb20977.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 111
  • srb20979.gif
    srb20979.gif
    6 MB · Views: 123
  • srb20980.gif
    srb20980.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
  • srb20986.gif
    srb20986.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 270
If this new pack is going to be a sequel to Broken World, you should probably go ahead and release that just for story context. Even if it's old and bad you will get some useful feedback- and would be a shame to see your work go to waste there.

If this new pack is going to be a sequel to Broken World, you should probably go ahead and release that just for story context. Even if it's old and bad you will get some useful feedback- and would be a shame to see your work go to waste there.
yeah, I will have to release it eventually
I decided to arleady announce this one becouse I should still have enough time to complete BrokenWorld

thanks!
Ill try to show stuff almost everyday, if possible
the mod has much planned so I hope more people can come and help
Hey your welcome for that! I would love to help but personal problems plague my ability to want to help.

Hey your welcome for that! I would love to help but personal problems plague my ability to want to help.
I appreciate nontheless ;)

I had this..terrible drawing of what North Island should look like, I might as well show it, I guess
(Digging Site Zone was the old name for Dug Maze Zone)

Attachments

• Concept map.png
    Concept map.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
We got a new intro screen and a (not yet implemented cause nobody is able to in the team) title screen!
howtoinsertintosrb2elp.png

But today my main focus is to show our custom enemies (most of them made by me)

Purple Crawla: a simple fast crawla with 2 hp
srb21031.gif

Bronze Buzz (by Rainbow): a buzz that..doesnt move..and is supposed to be used with the magnet shield..we might need to improve this one..
srb21032.gif

Jetty-Syn Freezer: a Jetty that instead of bombs has ice! it sometimes doesnt like to shoot though..we might need to improve this one too
srb21036.gif

Lightbulb Jaw: a faster Jet Jaw that glows in the dark and has a special dash attack when spotting a player
srb21029.gif

Black Crawla: a powerful crawla that flies, dashes and shoots, it also has 2 hp
srb21041.gif

Black Buzz: it can reach incredible speeds, if attacked or left alive for too long it will overheat and explode
srb21045.gif

many more are planned and will be added soon

as usual I forgot the last one..

Jetty-Syn Rocketeer: shoots the Brak's rockets and has 2 hp, it can be dangerous, but it doesnt shoot too often
srb21049.gif

Attachments

• srb21030.gif
    srb21030.gif
    125.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Enemy concepts seems real nice, but as anything is: it needs some work. Excited to see how much progress has gained!

Enemy concepts seems real nice, but as anything is: it needs some work. Excited to see how much progress has gained!
The one that needs more work is probably the Bronze Buzz, luckily im having some ideas for it

while im working on the enemies, I decided to show how the Special Stages will work
the SS (names Chaotic Madness, due to the 8 gems sharing the stages) will require the player to reach the end of a platforming challenge,
with some enemies from the normal stages trying to stop you from reaching the end
every stage will have a slightly different challenge with a single sphere at the end
the time to beat the stages wont be enough, this is why clocks were added
srb21132.gif

there are 2 variants of the clock, 1 will give 20 seconds, the other 10
the 8th special stage is more special, it will have 4 challenges and a boss fight with the APZ's boss, if you manage to complete tje stage you will "tame" the Madness Sapphire and unlock the Hyper form for Sonic/Knuckles/Metal, while the others get a Super form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back