Sonic Adventure 2 Battle 2.2 Port

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle 2.2 Port 2.2

they are character specific. if you dont have the graphics mod on you will see that they have the head silhouette of either Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles which means they can only be collected by one of those 3 characters.
I tried it and while the character specific part is correct, I'm not seeing the head silhouettes even with the graphic pack on

I tried it and while the character specific part is correct, I'm not seeing the head silhouettes even with the graphic pack on
no no the graphic pack replaces all the emblems with the basic sonic adventure 2 emblems which do not have the head silhouettes.

Now I may not have my hands on the original 2.0 version of the mod, but I know that it was 2.2 in particular that made these once harmless cacti do damage. These used to be decorations and the original mod seemed to spam these as they were harmless but in 2.2 they're a bit of an annoyance.

Unless the 2.0 version of the mod ALSO happens to damage you, this seems like an oversight on the porting part. Custom 2.0 Cacti object patch? Sorry if this is too nitpicky, couldn't help but notice it.

Attachments

• srb24125.gif
    srb24125.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
One thing I'll note from screenshots alone, something that I still find weird nobody does here: the lighting looks very flat and uninteresting. Most custom SRB2 maps for some reason seem to have lighting an afterthought, which comes off as especially weird when Doom, the game this was made off of, usually had a lot of good lighting details in its custom maps. Some mappers would go to detail, adding darker sectors to indicate shadow behind pillars or doors; others would simply make the lighting of an area diverse and interesting, etc. Hell, I bet ol' Romero had a guideline about that.

Part of the reason I'm not really impressed with the visuals of that 2.2.x port of that Sonic '06 wad.

well between this with pumpkin hill, city escape and meteor herd, and the sa 1 levels emerald coast (dimension glaber) windy hill (sa genysys) and speed highway from oldc 2022 r 2 theres a lot of sa content what if there was a way to make a collection of those

Boy I remember playing this back in 2.0 days, was a lot of fun doing co-op with it but it definitely hasn't aged too well, the low res and low quality of the textures clashing with the simpler looking SRB2 textures, the low level of detail, the "fake" slopes made using basic stairs, It can still be enjoyable for a quick run but by 2.2 standards you're better off just playing the original game instead.

How are you supposed to be able to get the 8 minute time emblem? I've done several runs now and i always find myself a minute or 2 short depending if the emerald hunt RNG wants to be nice to me

I can't unlock the extra level, even if i played marathon run in less than 8 minutes and such.
I looked inside the file and it seems the condition for the 8 minute unlockable is behind a "Trigger", wich i have no idea what trigger you have put in the maps or something.

Probably, the problem would be solved if you used this instead: OverallTime [tics]

I not asking for a request I just that i very old and need some update soon i not forcing him to do it damn

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back