Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pathethic, forgot it

• Do you want to be killed, Sik?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shuff, Shadow and Tails are the only ones with the beta, where did you get that?

Tails92 gave it to me. By the way, I edited my previous post and would also like to ask why Sonic sometimes doesn't spin when he jumps.

Edit: Found another bug. Sometimes, when you spindash up a slope, Sonic stops at the top of the slope, regardless of speed.

These three bugs are known:

1st. Sonic increases speed when jumps from a slope: apparently (I'm not sure), Sonic can't unstick from the floor, so the jump command is executed constantly and then a lot of speed is accumulated. I don't know how to solve this, but I think that when I apply the double jump it'll be solved, because the spacebar will be detected in only one frame, not all. However, Sonic will continue sticked to the floor :P

2nd. Sonic sometimes don't spin when jump: cause unknown. Possibly an error in the tile detection (exactly in the borders), but I still don't know why it happens.

3rd. Sonic stops at the top of a slope: cause unknown. It's rare but it happens often. It's really more strange than the previous one (however, the worse is still the first one).

About the user logging, ask it to Tails92, because he did the port :P

Yeah, it looks like a paradox, but well... In a single play, it's rare, but at least you get it a time per day, which makes it often... So, both things at the same time... :?

(Did I understand what I said?)

Oh boy. I love getting an error from my website that the file is too large to upload. Even though 9.45 MB isn't necessarily large. And this provider has 100 MB of webspace.

It seems a bug of Allegro 4.0.3 when setting fullscreen mode: if you aren't root, it start in window mode, if you are root, it starts in a glitchy fullscreen mode.
You can either recompile it with a newer Allegro version or replace in Sonic_Action.cpp set_gfx(GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN); with set_gfx(GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED);
and recompile (so it will use always windowed mode)

But on Solaris it starts always in windowed mode :?

As far as I know, when Allegro can't run in fullscreen, GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN works like GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED, being this unnecessary, Tails92. Without mention the video drivers (when Sonic Action can't run on 16-bits of depth (NO 15-bits), it runs in windowed mode). It must be something which hasn't been make yet.

ECS... Search other server :P Seriously, atspace provides 50MB but the maximum filesize is 200KB only, so don't expect much from a server with 100MB. Do the next two things: 1) compress it in a RAR; 2) find a public server which allows files of this size.

Sik said:
As far as I know, when Allegro can't run in fullscreen, GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN works like GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED, being this unnecessary, Tails92. Without mention the video drivers (when Sonic Action can't run on 16-bits of depth (NO 15-bits), it runs in windowed mode). It must be something which hasn't been make yet.

And why it works (hovewer glitchy) when I'm root?
Allegro 4.0.3 seems to use DGA for doing fullscreen mode (DGA requires root privileges and don't works on some X servers (for example Kdrive))
Newer Allegro seems to do fullscreen without DGA and then it works without problems

Awesome graphics!
The only problem I have is the spindash goes INSANELY fast. Might want to at least slow it down a bit.

If I can make a suggestion, how about panning the camera a little bit in front of Sonic when he's running, like in Sonic Advance 2-3?

Keep up the good work!

tails92 said:
Sik said:

And why it works (hovewer glitchy) when I'm root?
Allegro 4.0.3 seems to use DGA for doing fullscreen mode (DGA requires root privileges and don't works on some X servers (for example Kdrive))
Newer Allegro seems to do fullscreen without DGA and then it works without problems
You answered it by yourself :P

However, why are betas of Sonic Action around here??? It's supposed that I'll post one when three levels are finished!!! And the final level 1 has a lot of new items now!!!

SRB2-Playah said:
The only problem I have is the spindash goes INSANELY fast. Might want to at least slow it down a bit.
I was planning in make the spindash like in the official Sonic games: the speed will increase when more time you mantain down before release (and when you press continuously space).

SRB2-Playah said:
If I can make a suggestion, how about panning the camera a little bit in front of Sonic when he's running, like in Sonic Advance 2-3?
Idea taken. ;)

Well Tails92 said that he was gonna release a public beta, and I thought that if he's releasing a Linux version, I should release the Windows version. Do you want me to take it down (assuming people don't already have it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back