Software vs OpenGL: The rational debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxBlitzz said:
Honestly, how many games have Glide support that you know of? I can only think of one off the top of my head: Unreal Tournament 99.
Carmageddon II *shot*

Because it has teh Polyobjects, teh spiffy new intermission screen, and something else that OGL doesn't have, I forget what.

Pixellation? Both software and OpenGL run in the same resolution, so I'm not sure that's exactly accurate.

Unless you're talking about trilinear as opposed to nearest, but that just blurs everything together into one big blob of texture.

BlueZero4 said:
Unless you're talking about trilinear as opposed to nearest, but that just blurs everything together into one big blob of texture.
Yeah, I'm talking about that, and I think it looks awesome. And actually, the default is Bilinear, not Trilinear. (Although I think Trilinear makes it pwn even more)

Kaysakado said:
BlueZero4 said:
Yeah, I'm talking about that, and I think it looks awesome. And actually, the default is Bilinear, not Trilinear. (Although I think Trilinear makes it pwn even more)

-gr_filtermode trilinear in autoexec.cfg will make it run in Trilinear filtered mode automatically. :P

Yeah, it looks awesome. However, it suddenly makes everything look bland. I don't know why, it just does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back