So I notice this when working on uncurl scripts

thesrb2fan12

That one guy making frontiers sonic
So when making a uncurl script that does not use the custom buttons i noticed that the game plays the fall animation but landing on enemys still damages the enemies even though i did not add the flag for it to do that meaning the game still thinks im spinning im using the player.mo.state = S_PLAY_FALL to make the player uncurl. if you can help me fix this please do

Jump damage is not controlled by state, but by flag.
When the player initiates a spin jump (i.e. just jumping normally, you know?), the game awards them the PF_JUMPED player flag, which allows the game to perform additional checks on enemy collision to decide whether the enemy should be killed.
Changing the state does NOT clear the flag.

Therefore you should remove that flag from the player after changing the player object's state, otherwise the game will still think you're in a spin jump.

Jump damage is not controlled by state, but by flag.
When the player initiates a spin jump (i.e. just jumping normally, you know?), the game awards them the PF_JUMPED player flag, which allows the game to perform additional checks on enemy collision to decide whether the enemy should be killed.
Changing the state does NOT clear the flag.

Therefore you should remove that flag from the player after changing the player object's state, otherwise the game will still think you're in a spin jump.
oh thanks

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back