sh_srb2tbe.wad [2.0 B5] Public Beta + Halloween edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heheh, I forgot to post a new version of SRB2: TBE ages ago. Here are the changes in this version:

Updated to work on 1.09.3.23.
Inserted Level Headers for all the zones in the pack, however they are not in the pack as of yet.
Warp Zone deleted (Don't worry, Archives will remain).
Replaced NiGHTS with Custom Special Stages (Only the first two are done).
Began to replace SRB2's font with a new font, called "Dungeon".
SRB2: TBE now uses it's own gamedata file.
Replaced the SRB2 intro music with Twinkle Park 1 from SADX.
Replaced the invincibility music with Sonic CD's (JAP) invincibility music.
Replaced the super sneakers music with Sonic CD's (JAP) Super Sneakers music.
In place of Warp Zone, I got the level select working.
Added a NEW Sky for SBZ2.
Volcanic Furnace Zone 1 is now a playable level in SRB2: TBE.
Level Changes:
Sunset Beach Zone 3: Now placed at Night time with an upper area and scenery.
Poisoned River Zone 3: Waterfall and flowing water out of the battlefield.
Warp Zone: Canned and replaced with "Get the Tokens" on the Custom Special Stage.

Download here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rwizv3

Anyway, a new release will be on the way, after the Level Design contest has finished, a new release should be expect at least a day after :)

FireLaserbeam said:
I'm not paying to download this :P.

Whats so hard about making it a ZIP anyway?

There is a trial version: Click here! If it's your first time...

Have you ever had WinRAR on your computer? If you did, did your trial version run out? If it did, I see your problem.

Ok. Now for GCFreak: For Volcanic Furnace Zone 1, I see that you need the fire shield in order to get past the whole level. There's only 1 of them, right? I think you should put more because the level may be impassable.
All levels should have a way to get past them. Also, put some dead flowers so the level would have a better feel.
In the beginning, the rings aren't floating. Did you check the "deaf" box in the rings' properties?
EDIT: Another thing I just noticed in the levels with water: The Water. It looks wierd. Was color map activated? Were the textures for the colormap's linedef right? (Front Side Upper Texture: #0000FFJ)
EDIT2: Wait. There is another thing in the levels with slime: The Slime. It also looks wierd. Was colormap also activated? Were the textures for the colormap's linedef right? (Front Side Upper Texture: #E000E0Z)
EDIT3: Also, is Emerald Alter supposed to be like that? It looks wierd. How are you supposed to get the emeralds?
Otherwise, this is good!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5xocu the zipped version.

Colormap is activated and is the right texture, for the water.

#E000E0Z? Ohhh.....My slime is #FF00FFJ...I will fix that. You aren't supposed to get the emeralds, and I will fix the altar. I have already fixed the non-deaf rings. You know, you're right, I will add another fire shield, can you suggest to me where, however? Don't worry, dead flowers are added in VFZ1.

Thanks for your reports! These will help me to improve later versions of the pack.

You're welcome! For the other fire shield, could you put it in a hidden area? I don't know, make another sector or so.

The texture, #FF00FFJ is for the translucent water (water in The Mystic Realm) as far as I've remembered. All colormap textures depend on the texture of the water's control sector (Slime, Lava, Water Opaque, Water Translucent, etc)

Uhh, how are you supposed to beat the first level as Sonic? I don't see any way to get out of that large open area at the beginning. Also, I found your house secret. You might want to fix that colormap, that's what gave it away.

EDIT: Act 2 causes SRB2 to lock up in OpenGL.

Ahh, I forgot to plant a colormap in the intangible untouchable FOF. Oh well. I don't understand how Act 2 locks up in OGL.

Oh, there is a spring underwater.

EDIT: Main Link: http://www.filelodge.com/files/room41/1177163/sh_srb2tbe.zip

EDIT2: Changes List

!+Updated to work on 1.09.4 but the new cutscenes still don't work as they should (It's not a bug in the SOC, it's a bug in SRB2)
!The secret in MAP01 is obvious in OpenGL
!MAP08, MAP60 and MAP11 are not finished
!MAP02 crashes in OpenGL
!MAP23 has very bad glitches in Software (Even though the map is non-existant, I had to go to a WAD backup which didn't have the map)
!MAP20 leads to a non-existant map
!MAP01's secret does not work in Multiplayer
!MAP25 is temporary, just to test the level headers
!MAP02 will have a HOM effect, because I fixed a linedef bug with that, and I forgot to fill the texture
+MAP01 is nearly done
+MAP02 has a little something extra
+Includes unfinished maps, dare you shall enter them is your decision
+MAP15-17 finished Volcanic Furnace Zone
+Finished the font replacement
+The archives are finished, but the cutscenes aren't done yet

There is alot more changes, but I can't remember them, so you can spot them yourself ;)

oh yeah how do you download it i'm on the page it says the file name and that stuff. but no link??

HYPERKNUX said:
oh yeah how do you download it i'm on the page it says the file name and that stuff. but no link??

Look for "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" in about the middle of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back