Resource icon

[Open Assets] Sendcolor: Players pick their own skincolors! (v7) 7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
it says invalid value for field ramp... what do i do?
Make sure there are exactly 16 colour values, (a number from 0 to 255 if you forgot) separated by a comma.

sorry, uh, i'm stupid. what do i put in the sendcolor.txt?
Try this and go from there:

NAME = Blue RAMP = 146,147,148,149,150,151,152,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,253,254 INVCOLOR = 32 INVSHADE = 5 CHATCOLOR = 16384 ACCESSIBLE = TRUE
This code makes a copy of the default "Blue" colour in vanilla SRB2. However if you want you can also use Lua code, as shown here:

Copy of Blue in Lua:
name = "Blue",
ramp = {146,147,148,149,150,151,152,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,253,254},
invcolor = SKINCOLOR_ORANGE,
invshade = 5,
chatcolor = V_BLUEMAP,
accessible = true

And crash on demand still wasn't fixed... And the mod is featured...
Host please don't host with this until this is fixed(and it will probably not be fixed before long)

Does the freeze you mentioned in the description happen on the server and/or other clients, or just on the client where the command was entered? If it happens for anyone else, I'd say that's a serious problem as it could be used for griefing and/or DoS.
sorry about the 2 years late reply, i didn't get a notification, it crashes the server, i have figured out that it has to do with if the color metadata doesn't have a uploader it crashes i did create a modification of the addon that addresses this tho it does have console log messages from me debugging the issue

Attachments

• sendcolor-v7-crash-fix.lua
    16.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
(Wonder if there's still people who comment on this) Hey There! The Fact You Can Send Your Own Colors On Multiplayer Is Awesome! I'm Having An Issue And Can't Seem To Find My "sendcolor.txt". Can You Help Me With It? It'll Be Much Appreciated!!

(Wonder if there's still people who comment on this) Hey There! The Fact You Can Send Your Own Colors On Multiplayer Is Awesome! I'm Having An Issue And Can't Seem To Find My "sendcolor.txt". Can You Help Me With It? It'll Be Much Appreciated!!
iirc it should be located in
```
$(SRB2DIR)/luafiles/common/sendcolor.txt
```
but the discription should tell you

sorry about the 2 years late reply, i didn't get a notification, it crashes the server, i have figured out that it has to do with if the color metadata doesn't have a uploader it crashes i did create a modification of the addon that addresses this tho it does have console log messages from me debugging the issue

okay i dont think this works anymore

good news: it does work, it just needs to be slightly updated for 2.2.11
what do you mean updated??
Post automatically merged:

ok here is a video of the crash fix vs v7, first on is v7 while the second one is the fix

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back