• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

!!!'s World of Chaos

So far, how do you like !!!'s World of Chaos??? (Poll will last for 14 days. Vote quickly!)

• It's great!!! I can't wait for the final release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine. You still need to work on things to make it better.

• It's horrible. You are not a good 3D level designer.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fix...

Ok. I've read all your comments and here are the replies:

The first level should have lots of switches, and this is the only level that does. Zone 1: The Gate is the entrance to !!!'s World of Chaos, and there is a tight security system. Unfortunately, Eggman found a way to sneak into The Gate and forced his robots to guard The Gate even though The Gate is already guarded by the doors. Eggman wants to take over every world to gain more power. !!!'s World of Chaos is his 2nd target. Sonic's World was his first.
The Gate is a one-way only zone; there are no other paths except the ones you should go through. The level varies with the difficulty level you choose:
Easy- not much enemies; except for the end
Normal- many enemies; same number at end
Hard- totally lots of enemies; same number at end
Very Hard- same number of enemies as hard, but when you get hit by an enemy, you can't get your rings back
Ultimate- same number of enemies as hard, but there are no rings at all in the level
This is the only level that would have no other paths to explore, lots of buttons, and lots of enemies in one room, but the other levels would have very wide open areas for Sonic to explore. Everything is already planned out.

There are turrets only in the hard difficulty. In easy, there are no turrets, but detons in end.

Each sector is 200% bigger than the original. I think the size is better too, but all the ceilings' height are the same. Good thing: When you break a breakable wall, the rubble falls (the wall collapses). All the enemies and the scenery has been changed.
Because of the overall size of the level increased, the size of some switches increased.

Just to tell you, the huge sector at the end of the level is called "The War Zone" because of all the robots. Remember, use all monitors wisely and use them at the right time.

Update 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/evfodj

Any comments, questions, ideas? E-Mail me or reply to this topic!

GCFreak said:
Things Scenery is a must for green levels, but enemies are not. Adding too many enemies is not very good, like I said, adding too much enemies will end up getting Sonic creamed.

Also, in the area after the falling platforms, you forgot to put in a thok barrier. Once I accidentally thokked through it, so you might want to fix it.

One thing. Never should you put spaces in your WAD filename. SRB2 won't load it correctly and it will fail to load. Make the filename:

s_!!!sworldofchaos.wad

My level pack filename is:

s_srb2tbe.wad

Although it should be (because of Cloud Nine Zone)

sh_srb2tbe.wad

Sure thing, Draykon.

image16da.png

image25mj.png

image32pc.png

image44ic.png

Thanks for doing that.

EDIT: I'll rename the level pack to s_!!!'s_World_of_Chaos.wad. That'll work, right?

So the level is fine, right?

s_!!!sworldofchaos.wad

What's with the s?

Wait, I see a mistake with the textures. When you use Doom Builder, and when you add additional textures from a wad file, how do you actually plug that into the wad so the whole game uses the textures?

You don't do that with Doom Builder, You do that with XWE. Open your WAD up in XWE, import your BMP (It HAS to be BMP!) and it has to be 128x128 pixels. Sorry, I've only done this with my red version of STARSKY (It's a SKY, so a sky would be 256x255), so I wouldn't know much.

!!! said:
Wait, I see a mistake with the textures. When you use Doom Builder, and when you add additional textures from a wad file, how do you actually plug that into the wad so the whole game uses the textures?
Loading up textures into Doom Builder doesn't add the textures into the wad.. Though that would be pretty neat (and convenient) if it did.

Why not just do it yourself, through XWE? Besides, it would be annoying if you accidentally added textures to the level WAD when you didn't want to.

Thanks for that. While I was waiting for a response, I made the boss level of The Gate. This boss level is unique; there are 4 eggmen (all clones). You should defeat them all, then the switch thing would come. I'll post up a screenshot link and a game link later.

errrm. Yeah. That isn't unique. At all. Eggmanway did the eggman clone thing a long time ago, back in the heydays of 1.08. And we've had enough of the switches, the fact that you based your level around them completely ruined it.

One more thing, why did you use a remix of flying battery for the level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back