rphys

rphys 8

This mod is radical but it breaks with the paper peelout mod, could support be given if possible?
Sonic actually has paper peelout built in, but to see it normally you need to be at red spring speed (approx 70 fracunits/tic)

Support for the actual mod is not possible due to this but I could probably allow Sonic use the peelout frames during dash mode as well, so you could recreate the original mod's behaviour by just giving Sonic dash mode. I'll add it to the dodo list.

I know you've removed the spark mechanic, but could you please consider adding it as a separate addon? I understand why you removed it, but I really enjoyed messing around with it. The rest of the mod itself controls well of course. I really like Sonic's and Amy's abilities especially.

I just wanted to say thank you for making this build, I've been searching for good physics and something to do overall and this mod is great, and I love everyone's moveset I love it! Have a nice night/day.

Katmint, I has recently been thinking about sonic's overall movement and I feel that he might benefit more gameplay wise if he didn't have the thok. I feel that the thok kind of takes away from the experience of trying to master the physics and level design since this move doesn't engage with the geometry of the level. I know that sonic should be fast but reaching high speeds should be a additive quality more than just inherent. that would make travelling at high speeds more fun.

These are just my personal thoughts and i am aware that some people might not like the idea of losing the thok but I know from experience that sonic's gameplay becomes much more immersive when you have the carefully control the physics instead of simply gaining instant high speeds.

Last edited:
Katmint, I has recently been thinking about sonic's overall movement and I feel that he might benefit more gameplay wise if he didn't have the thok. I feel that the thok kind of takes away from the experience of trying to master the physics and level design since this move doesn't engage with the geometry of the level. I know that sonic should be fast but reaching high speeds should be a additive quality more than just inherent. that would make travelling at high speeds more fun.

These are just my personal thoughts and i am aware that some people might not like the idea of losing the thok but I know from experience that sonic's gameplay becomes much more immersive when you have the carefully control the physics instead of simply gaining instant high speeds.
I've been thinking about modifying Sonic for 2.2.14 because the new shield button would allow me to put the drop dash move on spin. No solid plans yet tho.

Bare minimum is that I am for sure moving Amy's normal hammer swing to Shield button on the ground so she can use it without rolling.

I've been thinking about modifying Sonic for 2.2.14 because the new shield button would allow me to put the drop dash move on spin. No solid plans yet tho.

Bare minimum is that I am for sure moving Amy's normal hammer swing to Shield button on the ground so she can use it without rolling.
Woah! I can't wait to see that in action. I always play with this custom build other than other physic mods, It actually feels like sonic game.

I found this bug where when you use Sonic's thok you lose control for 1 second, kind of like spinlock takes away control. And If you're playing with an addon with a thok like the shadow plus mod then It takes away you're control for 3 seconds.

Using the thok for platforming is hard with this bug, If you can fix it that'll be awesome.

Here's a preview of some new features coming to v9:

#1: Quick Spindash! If you hold back to initiate a skid and press spin during the skid, you can start a spindash regardless of your current speed.

quickdash.gif

#2: Since there is a new SHIELD button being released in 2.2.14, a few characters have new moves on the Shield button. These won't be accessible if you're using the two button control style, so it's recommended (but not mandatory) to use the three button style with rphys.

For example, Amy's normal hammer swing is no longer part of her roll and instead used by pressing Shield on the ground.

smash.gif

#3 The shield overhauls from rshields are now present here as well. Some improvements from the last version include:

Elemental Rise may now be canceled early by pressing the Shield (or Spin if you're using two button controls) button a second time.

ele.gif

Attraction Shield is faster and can target springs and monitors like a normal homing attack.

blast.gif

#4 Boost characters such as Modern Sonic now have speed degredation over time while not boosting. You can no longer just tap the boost button and keep your speed forever.

boosterstower.gif

Expect all this and more coming whenever 2.2.14 does.

Last edited:

#1: Quick Spindash! If you hold back to initiate a skid and press spin during the skid, you can start a spindash regardless of your current speed.

View attachment 117367

#2: Since there is a new SHIELD button being released in 2.2.14, a few characters have new moves on the Shield button. These won't be accessible if you're using the two button control style, so it's recommended (but not mandatory) to use the three button style with rphys.

For example, Amy's normal hammer swing is no longer part of her roll and instead used by pressing Shield on the ground.

View attachment 117370

#3 The shield overhauls from rshields are now present here as well. Some improvements from the last version include:

Elemental Rise may now be canceled early by pressing the Shield (or Spin if you're using two button controls) button a second time.

View attachment 117366

Attraction Shield is faster and can target springs and monitors like a normal homing attack.

View attachment 117365

#4 Boost characters such as Modern Sonic now have speed degredation over time while not boosting. You can no longer just tap the boost button and keep your speed forever.

View attachment 117371

View attachment 117367

View attachment 117370

View attachment 117366

View attachment 117365

View attachment 117371

I find it funny how I used to stop and dash as a way to drift by using my imagination but now It's coming as an update, Also It's cool to see modern sonic will be playable since today I was trying to use him but he would be uncontrollable and sometimes didn't work. But I can't wait!!

So I was thinking of something random but I think it's a cool idea! What if like how you do a "Quick spindash" if you were already rolling you can hold backwards and hold spin at the same time, when doing this you'll start reving another spindash but start losing speed slowly but when released you won't lose all you're speed. It'll be a cool drift move so you have option like if you wanna stop faster a spindash you do the "Quick spindash" and if you don't wanna lose all speed turn faster you can "Drift". Maybe to make it more risky or unique if you slow down too much while reving it turns to a slow roll.

This was just an Idea while playing, but just wanted to tell it in hopes it could be a thing. If you want a reference maybe like SMS super sonic's drift dash but instead of stopping quickly it slides depending on your momentum. Just thought it'll feel cool.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back