• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Purple Guy MOD [probably in development idk]

Mod halted, progress can't happen unless a programmer is contacted and agrees to work on the rest of the mod because it would be a probably Un functioning mess if I tried to understand Slade (we need a more mainstream addon maker), as of now it's just sprites and one song (for the taunt) I'll add a sprite folder when someone agrees, otherwise not much is going to happen, I bring up not being able to program twice in this not counting now... I only brought it up once... shit, anyways Mod on a potentially indefinite hiatus until a programmer is reached, stage 2 progress is low, and the help wanted forum only got one person who didn't respond, at this point all I can do is hope...

I want to help you but I don't want to help you.
so you want to help me learn Slade/ but don't want to help me with making a character? or vise versa.
Post automatically merged:

oh right, the things for it
sprites: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/858114561/
taunt song: https://rave.dj/q5xCLRh2hFOuXg
unnecessary super theme:

Last edited:
so you want to help me learn Slade/ but don't want to help me with making a character? or vise versa.

oh right, the things for it
sprites: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/858114561/
taunt song: https://rave.dj/q5xCLRh2hFOuXg
unnecessary super theme:
What I meant was I want to help you make the character but I don't feel like it. Maybe I will, I don't know.

What I meant was I want to help you make the character but I don't feel like it. Maybe I will, I don't know.
you will be credited, or It be where you post it as your addon (with me being only credited as the character artist) I just want this mod to happen.

badnik dismantled sprites canceled due to looking ugly.

should I call this character Mr. Wiliam, Purple guy, Wiliam A, or Mr. Afton
Call him Afton. Just Afton.

Imagine the taunt animation being this:
purple-guy-dancing.gif

srb20062.gif

The missing crawlas incident
(oh yeah and here’s a demo)

srb20062.gif

UHH I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE AX IS SO POWERFUL IT CAN INSTA KILL ANY BOSS

Attachments

• CL_Afton_v1.pk3
    34.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
View attachment 95315

UHH I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE AX IS SO POWERFUL IT CAN INSTA KILL ANY BOSS
First, He kind of is supposed to instakill bosses, but by his dismantle ability, not his ax, but bugs be bugs.
Second, his hitbox is half the size, so instead of seeing through his eyes, you see through his chest, and I was thinking he would be around the Eggman character addon's size, as they are both human.
Third, I'm not sure what happened but his front and back walk animations are just the first frame but flipped, his arms don't move up and down, I did this to match burntrap. (Most of the sprites are references)
Fourth, his ax can't break the breakable walls, (spin dash, Knuckles/Amy, and Fang/Amy) meaning he can't beat the game as he'll get softlocked at some point, (You need to get the wind shield to beat the first level) front/ back sprites are called fax and the side sprites are called sax.(left sax is flipped from right sax.)
Last, he can just Kill everything by standing still, which is kind of accurate, but that diverges too far from my original vision.
Also, if a level has a force spin section, just use a square for the sprite, and also...
William Skrypec.png
this.
I made this for no other reason than the fact we are making a Purple guy mod.

So... I think I should explain the sprite layout, to clear things up.
-stand: the Idle sprites, you did good, I don't need to go further.
-walk 1: one of the two walking frames, don't mirror.
-walk 2: the second of the two walking frames, don't mirror.
use all the walk frames.
-jump: you missed this one.
-fall: same as prior
-hurt: I made the expression match the fnaf 3 minigame where Afton dies, I somewhat find his face funny in it but that's just me
-death: like stand, you got this one right.
-Taunt: I don't blame you; I didn't name it until recently.
-dismantle: these are not part of the character but used when interacting with the in-level characters (the idea is that you can skip the metal sonic --boss by dismantling him during the metal sonic chase)
-Sax: you don't have it.
-Fax: you still don't have it.
-Roll (not jump): recently added, it's just a square, it's use is limited.

the ax may need a cooldown, and a further arc.
and the player speed needs to be increased, not by much, just a little bit.
and Afton needs to venerable when idle, but that might be what you're working on at the moment.
I'll list levels the current version can't beat.

so, the current version can't beat Deepsea zone act 2, or any level after that (apart from boss levels)
in dsz2, Afton gets stuck in the room with spin dash door, his ax should be able to break the floor, but it doesn't, and his movement speed doesn't really help him much either.
castle Eggman zone uses momentum physics, which Afton sucks at
the rest of the levels involve speed.
so, a rework idea I have is...
jump: between sonic and Amy.
run: slightly faster than 2.1 tails.
height: around Eggman (his hitbox is around that size already)

Last edited:
I made full rotations for the ax as 2 rotations will not work.
View attachment 95358
your ax looks better.
Does it spin when thrown or is this just to show its 3d-nes?
I also re did the death sprites as I think the old ones looked goofy ah in game.
I made a continue screen sprites.(the one where he looks at the camera should show up for a split second before the lift part plays)
One last thing, did you add the jumping sprites yet :)

Also, I drew this.
Pastra Inspired Afton.png

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back