• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Purple Guy MOD [probably in development idk]

your ax looks better.
Does it spin when thrown or is this just to show its 3d-nes?
I also re did the death sprites as I think the old ones looked goofy ah in game.
I made a continue screen sprites.(the one where he looks at the camera should show up for a split second before the lift part plays)
One last thing, did you add the jumping sprites yet :)
Post automatically merged:

Also, I drew this.
View attachment 95360
that’s just to show all the sprites.
also, i found out if you extract the contents of an sb3 file in 7zip it has all the assets, including sprites.

any updates on the sprites? (Not the new stuff, things like the janky walk animation and stuff)

i’m at a friend’s house rn but i brought my laptop so im still working on afton
cool.

Also.
fun fact, this wasn't always going to be an Afton mod. (It was called Mr. William at one point, but that's not what I mean)
My original Idea was an andromorphic spray paint canaster that used its spray paint as a weapon, from either coating the floors and walls to act as traps, to using it to damage enemies outright, I mainly drew it traditionally (I lack digital art tools) and trying to make the design like the current Afton mod was didn't do much to help, and the Idea of the character became so far away from the original idea that I shelved it, no playable version exist, I don't program, but this one never made it past concept...
actually, that wasn't much of a "fun" fact,
uh... Afton used to use edited Pngs of the fnaf3 Purple guy until I had to do the jump sprites.

Last edited:
Model Wip
IMG_2992.jpeg

"Babe, wake up. new Afton just dropped."

I noticed that the model is using the falling animation similar to the sprites I made, that's cool.
I wonder when demo 2.

Last edited:
Demo 2 and Model (HEAVY WIP)

I still don't know why the ax can insta kill brak eggman

For the afton model, put this in models.dat
AFTON CHEESEBOI/AFTON.md3 1.5 0.0

and some crawla models cuz why not​

Attachments

• CL_Afton_v1.pk3
    58.8 KB · Views: 115
  • CHEESEBOI.zip
    108.2 KB · Views: 76
Demo 2 and Model (HEAVY WIP)

I still don't know why the ax can insta kill brak eggman

For the afton model, put this in models.dat
AFTON CHEESEBOI/AFTON.md3 1.5 0.0

and some crawla models cuz why not​
--I like this one more.
--Lets just say It's a balancing thing
-- I like the Model (I don't know how to add extra model things without breaking the rest of them, so I put it on sonic), I also noticed that the eyes in the post for the model wip has more accurate (to the sprite version's) eyes
--the crawla models are fun, they are goofy, they kind of look like a fnaf world enemy, but the animations are a bit janky
--and last, AftonDemo2, This is an improvement to the Previous Demo1, from movement to... really, he's just a faster version of Demo1, I do have --some Issues about the animations, they aren't centered, and the walking sprites are mirrored, It's fine with the Idle sprites (They were mirrored to begin with), but not so much with the walking sprites, as they were made to be a full rotation. (also, Afton's arms are supposed to move horizontally when walking) but like how not all the jump sprites are used, This will probably be fixed in demo3
--If you have Afton and another character with the anyone mod, Afton can just outright kill your buddy character, and I find that funny.

So, it turns out Afton Cannot beat Cyberdime realm as he gets stuck at the second level, we might need to add a double jump.

Last edited:
If you ever played the wherehog mod, you would know to never hold a movement button immediately as you will be stuck as slow, this is the opposite for Afton, he gets faster, like, Insanely fast, which makes Deepsea and metal sonic possible.
I'm still suggesting a double jump though.

So... it turned out you need other character mods active to use "run" :I
how about his movement speed be set to race Metal sonics'

hello?

so, I finally have the movement and abilities down. heh...

um...
as a character, he accelerates at half the time but is just slow enough to make the metal sonic race challenging but still possible.
his first jump height is around Amy's (maybe a bit higher), and his double jump (the jump after the first jump) height is around knuckles.
he kills enemies by walking into them and has an ax that instantly kills almost anything (except Brak, but that is an issue were currently working on)
his hitbox matches his character sprites, and his first-person view matches his eyes (I don't know why I have to bring this up, but only the vanilla characters and some modded ones accommodate to this)
his sprites are centered by his torso, and mirroring WILL NOT be used.

also, his color is magenta, not lavender as it looks dull.

A Demo3 anytime soon?

Last edited:
So, I had a dream where I was Playing an Eevee evolution character pack, but like, most of them were fake, like a moth one for example.
I may post some art of them (mostly the fake ones) when I get the chance.
there was also a level pack thing, I'll explain further some time from now.

Perhaps Afton finally pays for his crimes? He gets sent to jail, I'll bet.
no, I decided to start another mod.
it went wrong.png

Since my involvement in the Afton mod was exclusively visuals. I'm now starting on a new project. (Which will also be exclusively visuals) the character is nameless at the moment.
Like Afton, they don't do the roll jump, but they will have the slide function (kinda like Eggman/Eggette)*. I also plan a wall jump and a slow fall.
the abilities will be refined as the sprites are made. (I couldn't draw Afton for my life)
the few things the two (Afton and the unnamed character) have in common, no rolling, two mechanics and were made in scratch.
the difference is unnamed (or doodle as a placeholder) was drawn first while Afton was meant to be a sprite rip. and doodle will have both the walk and run animations separately unlike Afton who has just M O V E M E N T.
oh right. doodle is a parody of Bubsy. but made as an proper character unlike actual Bubsy.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back