• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Purple Guy MOD [probably in development idk]

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
this is a way undercooked wip but here it is, the lavender lad that always comes back

Planed abilities.
Passive: purple guy will instantly destroy any enemy by running into them while on the ground (like the fnaf3 mid-level minigames, but having one walk into you WITHOUT moving or being in the air will result in taking damage.
Spin: axe throw (based off of the living tombstone's fnaf 3 song music video, a ranged attack for bosses, has a 1 second cooldown and does less damage than the passive attack.
also, fang will get an alt sprite if reach him before he leaves after being defeated.
I'm not a program guy, but I am an artist, so I'll show mockups and similar abilities from different characters.
so here are prototype sprites of a full side view and 3/4 view.
S stand.png
SF stand.png

for some reason, I feel like posting this is a bad idea, but I'm confident that this character will at least be decently received.

I didn't like how the sprites looked (they were edited PNGs btw)
so I'm remaking them and giving a bit of my own take (he has various designs in the franchise so this works I guess.)

F stand2.png

I'm having trouble with the eyes but I think I got it.
Post automatically merged:

got it.
F stand2 (1).png

the sprite has been color corrected (to better colors).
F stand2.png

Last edited:
the death sprite is finished, all that's left is the jumping and hurt sprites, then the sfx and music.
DEATH.png

Dead Fall.png

I'm losing the will to continue this.

Last edited:
yeh a bit in fact.
==========================================================================================
passives
Mr. William doesn't curl in a ball when jumping, he is vulnerable in the air, to mediate this he can...
dismantle: Mr. William can instantly destroy enemies by walking into them and killing all his momentum in the process, this doesn't include being in the air i.e., jumping, walking off a platform. (An idea is that the metal sonic boss can be skipped by just dismantling him)
one movement speed, Mr. Wiliam is a visibly slower character, but accelerates i.e., he gets his fastest earlier.
he dies in lava, he may always come back, but he still is a non sci-fi human character.
==========================================================================================
aggressivess
Mr. William has an ax throw because of the no jump attack thing, used by pressing spin, it does less damage but can slow down enemies.
our lavender lad Will here is a tall boi, and such has a sneak function set to custom 1 (not sprited)
custom 2 activates either if William can dismantle other players in online games (default is no, only fang, metal, and Amy have special sprites)
multiplayer/compatibility
William can instantly kill enemy players in multiplayer (a William should be target #1)
in zombie escape, he is instead a support class, being able to heal (to full health) and increase movement speed to allies (for 15 seconds), but cannot dismantle enemies.
battle mode
he is not going to be compatible for battle mode, I don't like battle mode.

• Cool!
Reactions: smg
yeh a bit in fact.
passives
Mr. William doesn't curl in a ball when jumping, he is vulnerable in the air, to mediate this he can...
dismantle: Mr. William can instantly destroy enemies by walking into them and killing all his momentum in the process, this doesn't include being in the air i.e., jumping, walking off a platform. (An idea is that the metal sonic boss can be skipped by just dismantling him)
one movement speed, Mr. Wiliam is a visibly slower character, but accelerates i.e., he gets his fastest earlier.
he dies in lava, he may always come back, but he still is a non sci-fi human character.
aggressivess
Mr. William has an ax throw because of the no jump attack thing, used by pressing spin, it does less damage but can slow down enemies.
our lavender lad Will here is a tall boi, and such has a sneak function set to custom 1 (not sprited)
custom 2 activates either if William can dismantle other players in online games (default is no, only fang, metal, and Amy have special sprites)
multiplayer/compatibility
William can instantly kill enemy players in multiplayer (a William should be target #1)
in zombie escape, he is instead a support class, being able to heal (to full health) and increase movement speed to allies (for 15 seconds), but cannot dismantle enemies.
battle mode
he is not going to be compatible for battle mode, I don't like battle mode.
Why can Amy be dismantled?

Why can Amy be dismantled?
the three mentioned characters appear in levels, Amy being the only non-boss one, they will have custom sprites in reference to fnaf, much like William's death sprite, with metal sonic being the only one actually being dismantled as dismantle is just the ability name.
originally, an idea was that the special stages would have you play 8-bit minigames as the vanilla characters but was scrapped because I'm already pushing things as is.
I don't really know what happens after the music and sfx are finished (the last things to be completed) like I mentioned in page one back when the character was edited PNGs.
I find it funny that you only mentioned Amy when fang also isn't a robot character.

I made a full rotation for both walking frames and then redid them because they looked dumb
BL stand3.png
L stand2.png
FL stand2.png
F stand2.png

for some reason the sprites don't match the same size here when I made sure they did on what I'm using to make them.

here is the image icon for the wip forum (if I could add it to the page)
MB_ICON.png

so there is going to be a secret sprite that can only be seen via a glitch with xtreme, and yes its a meme reference.

improved jump sprites.

Wiliam will not get special stage sprites, instead it will be a fnaf 8-minigame styled sonic, and that's if I bother.

I hate how I have to go radio silent on this forum for sometimes up to a week to get any responses that aren't my own.

the hurt sprites are done, up next is dismantled sprites starting with the easiest...

dismantled badniks turn into this. (Matches the color of the badnik it was)
\/
costume1.png

Last edited:
badnik dismantled sprites canceled due to looking ugly.

should I call this character Mr. Wiliam, Purple guy, Wiliam A, or Mr. Afton

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back