Please, need help. (port forwarding)

I want to host a server, i portforwarded and i did all the steps to host a server, but it doesnt appear in the master server. The worst part is this: the console says that the server connected to the master server. Help

... Open command prompt (windows) and type ipconfig then press enter you see Default Gateway's IP address; copy paste it to your internet browser so you locate your router's login to port forward. The worst part is you must get a username & a password to login so you must try looking on your router's cover where it's written there or it's also on back of your router, you ask your provider about the password if you didn't find your password or username (username sometimes "admin" or "username" or your original WiFi (SSID) name since you bought it as well as your password the first original password too of your wifi)

Log in and you must seek for the tab where you port forward (Forwarding, Port Mapping)
SPOILER_unknown.png

At mapping section you must make a port forward in order to host a SRB2 server where players would be able to see your servers and joins (as well as making it visible on master server)
Here's an example how you must make your port look like (on good simple routers):
SPOILER_unknown.png

So make your ports always 5029 upd. And your "internal host" is always your IP address from your local side (you remember your ipconfig that you performed at your command prompt? there's the IP address on "IPv4 Address" where you need to put it in your port forwarding needs to your internal host) Also leave "External Host" empty. Save your port config and before you host... Open your windows explorer and type Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall and click at "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall Defender" on left-top corner of window. Reason, to make your game accessable on firewalls so your Windows won't block as blacklisted.
SPOILER_unknown.png

You must now find your "Sonic Robo Blast 2"/"srb2win.exe" labelled on list... So you will now need to enable both checkboxes Public and Private. After this, click "OK" to save
SPOILER_unknown.png

Try now getting on your SRB2 game and host online

... Open command prompt (windows) and type ipconfig then press enter you see Default Gateway's IP address; copy paste it to your internet browser so you locate your router's login to port forward. The worst part is you must get a username & a password to login so you must try looking on your router's cover where it's written there or it's also on back of your router, you ask your provider about the password if you didn't find your password or username (username sometimes "admin" or "username" or your original WiFi (SSID) name since you bought it as well as your password the first original password too of your wifi)

Log in and you must seek for the tab where you port forward (Forwarding, Port Mapping)
SPOILER_unknown.png

At mapping section you must make a port forward in order to host a SRB2 server where players would be able to see your servers and joins (as well as making it visible on master server)
Here's an example how you must make your port look like (on good simple routers):
SPOILER_unknown.png

So make your ports always 5029 upd. And your "internal host" is always your IP address from your local side (you remember your ipconfig that you performed at your command prompt? there's the IP address on "IPv4 Address" where you need to put it in your port forwarding needs to your internal host) Also leave "External Host" empty. Save your port config and before you host... Open your windows explorer and type Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall and click at "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall Defender" on left-top corner of window. Reason, to make your game accessable on firewalls so your Windows won't block as blacklisted.
SPOILER_unknown.png

You must now find your "Sonic Robo Blast 2"/"srb2win.exe" labelled on list... So you will now need to enable both checkboxes Public and Private. After this, click "OK" to save
SPOILER_unknown.png

Thanks, i'm on class now, i hope that it works when I go back home

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

umm... can you help me with this? my default gateway's page looks weird. Btw i tried again by hosting a server but still not appearing in ms
1666894954457.png

Last edited:
Your dismissive attitude is not appreciated. Several people worked for free for months to make Kart no longer require port forwarding. The team is aware that some people are still unable to host, but it works for most people.

If you can't host with or without port forwarding, it's probably time to call your internet service provider to ask what's wrong.

umm... can you help me with this? my default gateway's page looks weird. Btw i tried again by hosting a server but still not appearing in msView attachment 78522
Make sure that under "Server IP", you used your local IPv4 and not your default gateway address. Otherwise, this looks correct. If it's still not working, try this: https://www.jameds.org/firewall/
Post automatically merged:

"Kart servers do not need to portforward to host anymore."

Yeah, right. My server still doesn't work when I try to host.
Have you tried this? https://www.jameds.org/firewall/

I use Mac for SRB2Kart. Not Windows.

"Your dismissive attitude is not appreciated."

I apologize for being rude. I was just fed up about not being able to host a server for all of this time because I can only dream to host one. The last thing I want to do in this civil discussion is to be rude.

Last edited:
I use Mac for SRB2Kart. Not Windows.

"Your dismissive attitude is not appreciated."

I apologize for being rude. I was just fed up about not being able to host a server for all of this time because I can only dream to host one. The last thing I want to do in this civil discussion is to be rude.
Well for Mac OS you will need to find your default gateway IP address to go to your router. Where? All you have to do is opting for System Preferences then choose "Network"
SPOILER_default-gateway-in-mac-step-1.png

So pick up an internet connection on the left side (which you are connected to)
If you are using an old version of MacOS, you should be able to look both IPv4 Address (labelled IP Address) and Default Gateway (labelled Router).
SPOILER_Screen-Shot-2015-03-25-at-1.19.52-PM.png

If you don't, hit the "Advanced" button shown on the photo above!
Nagivate now to the TCP/IP Tab and boom, the requirement IPv4 Address is here and the IP Address on "Router" is your Default Gateway!! Copy Router's IP Address then paste it on browser then login, make ports and then this is it, I have explained already on how to do so
rip_9.png

In case if it ain't working to you, head to this tutorial and follow the guide on how to make ports on Mac OS side... If you didn't make a port on your router then the following guide won't work completely... knowing that your router allows port forwarding more than a client's own:
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/porting-forward-mac-only.2959/

umm... can you help me with this? my default gateway's page looks weird. Btw i tried again by hosting a server but still not appearing in ms
... How? Did you proceed your firewall's Allowed Apps (on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall Defender) to check if your game is listing? DylanDude already gave an article on how to put it on listings though

If you don't know where's Windows Firewall, then follow me:
1- Type "Control Panel" on the search box on the taskbar (behind Windows Start Button), and if you don't own search box on the moment you can still open the Windows Start Menu and then start typing "Control Panel" stealthy, it works on opening search tool
SPOILER_Control_Panel_locating.gif
2- Nagivate now to Windows Defender Firewall at the Control Panel, click at System and Security then click at Windows Defender Firewall
Control_Panel_locating2.gif
3- The final thing you have to do is hitting "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" where it is labelling on left - up and then, click Change Settings to start configuring allowed apps like SRB2. Navigate Sonic Robo Blast 2, srb2win.exe. Oh, or any any SRB2 apps or modded SRB2 apps, assuming you use modified/mod build for hosting
After that just tick two checkboxes to enable them... Public and Private. After that, hit "OK" button on bottom of window so you can save what you've made... Also,
If your own list don't obtain any SRB2 app [use this step anyway, it help making positiveness that your list doesn't have SRB2 that you don't often open, or making sure that you already own the SRB2 that you use for hosting... etc.] then, Click at "Allow another app" till something will show up for putting an app on list... Click "Browse" to include your game's direction to list and another window will show up to browse your SRB2's .exe or application. Select it then click "Open" then to the previous window click "Add". You now need for your demand app to obtain Public & Private enabled. Don't also forget to save them... Your firewall is now allowing them on whitelist!!!
Control_Panel_locating3.gif

Do NEVER forget to click "OK" after that to save!!! Caution..!

Control_Panel_locating3.gif

SAVE!!!
Okay okay... Maybe that's what I can present... Please tell me if you can't still make this work to your device
Your dismissive attitude is not appreciated. Several people worked for free for months to make Kart no longer require port forwarding. The team is aware that some people are still unable to host, but it works for most people.

If you can't host with or without port forwarding, it's probably time to call your internet service provider to ask what's wrong.
Forgive him... You know already how it lacks of a user love hosting games on internet... Like... if this is unfair for them not owning the ability to do that... you know...

When I open this app, it says router incompatible. And I still can't host. It seems if I can fix this router incompatible issue, I might be able to finally host.

Oh yeah, it also says that the public port is unmapped.

It's also been saying "no external address."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.00.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.00.30 AM.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
The only way now is that you play SRB2 servers using either Hamachi, or Zerotier VPNs, whom your inviting friends would go for playing on your servers
When I open this app, it says router incompatible. And I still can't host. It seems if I can fix this router incompatible issue, I might be able to finally host.
It means your router doesn't match the conditions this portmap thing can work to make your router allow their permissions for the app; to make portmap possible to define ports instead of that router...Maybe? You must get a new router, for example...

Hmm, it seems that I've finally accepted the reality that I'm not able to host a server. Whatever, it's not like if I HAVE to host one. There are other ways I can enjoy this kart racing game.

Here's something which is not recommended for every user and I'm warning them... There's a cool step such as changing SRB2's inline port (game's port itself) number, such as 5030 or any port that may work, you must also put this port on your router's forwarding ports as you changed the game's port on your local side, just know that not every port could be visible through the server browser as I'm not sure about that. Players who connect by IP address to connect to your server directly should also put the colon " : " with the changed port like ( ipaddress:port where ipaddress is your public IP address (click this link to reveal your public IP address, not LOCAL IP from wifi itself), like that 192.168.0.0:5030

Alright, the time has came so have we? I'll tell you how to change your game own port using a Command Line Argument!
On windows...
1- Just head to your srb2 folder and right click to an empty field and after that just click New > Text Document. Name it to your special happy srb2 name for launching on else port!
renaming_your_bat1.gif
2- Sure, open now the text file and insert your game's name like srb2win.exe on the text file, if you use a custom SRB2 or modded one, just copy its own name and paste to the text file... Again. your game's own name is always srb2win on your installing it, if you ever had to rename the game, just take the name completely and insert it to the text file, then include .exe behind it if the name doesn't have suffix .exe on its ending of the name. Your game's name is srb2uncappedplus right? insert on your text file srb2uncappedplus with .exe after it, like this srb2uncappedplus.exe.
After that... we are gonna now insert our port command line argument behind your inserted game's name.
The argument is -serverport PORTNUMBER where PORTNUMBER is the port you wish to use and please prevent using port 25 as it will hack through your device via some spam email! (Thanks to Watermelon...) Just choice up a custom port from your imagination... Try out 1020? 3029? Yes just choice up port from your mind... You will insert behind your game's name a space, so it doesn't assume what is being input is the rest of the game's name. Space, then put this-serverport 1020 so the srb2 game you will launch runs with a new configured port 1020 for hosting!
renaming_your_bat2.gif

don't save yet, look on the next step to know how to save the file
3-Well only one final step... Just click on the top toolbar of the notepad File > Save As and another window will appear. The option on "Save as type" must be changed from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)". Then at "File name", please put on the last of the file name .bat suffix... AND IF your file name had .txt on its ending then instead of inputting, replace the suffix.txt into.bat instead just to help marking all on... After that click Save. Do not touch "Encoding Format" though...
renaming_your_bat3.gif
4- Before you open up the .bat cool file you've made, head to your router page on the forwarding panel (port forward) where your SRB2 port is. All you have to do is basically changing your SRB2 port to another port number BUT: instead of 5029 number... put the number that you choiced to port as like 1020 that I choiced before, put 1020 on both Internal or External like how I've showed:
image.png

Don't forget to save, if you haven't already made a port before then create a one and put your choiced port with UPD protocol set... Close the router page and head back to our neat file we've made...

5- Navigate now to the file you've made. Right click on the file and click on Run as administration so nothing gets amiss upon launching the game completely, whether running the game as natural doesn't allow you to host you know... So with the game opened try now to host....
If that port didn't make your server joinable or visible to the server browser... you will have to change the port on both the .bat file, and on your port forwarding at your router panel... Oh.. to edit a .bat file, right click on that file and click on "Edit" and then put another choiced port that could work, as well as putting that same port on the router panel on your forwarding port

As of Mac OS... I don't know truly how to run the game with a configured port set... I only can tell you that you could try running the game from terminal and then insert behind the game name -serverport 1020 (maybe it's --serverport 1020?) as well as matching your port on your forwarding port on router

Last edited:
Here's something which is not recommended for every user and I'm warning them... There's a cool step such as changing SRB2's inline port (game's port itself) number, such as 5030 or any port that may work, you must also put this port on your router's forwarding ports as you changed the game's port on your local side, just know that not every port could be visible through the server browser as I'm not sure about that. Players who connect by IP address to connect to your server directly should also put the colon " : " with the changed port like ( ipaddress:port where ipaddress is your public IP address (click this link to reveal your public IP address, not LOCAL IP from wifi itself), like that 192.168.0.0:5030

IMPORTANT!!!! DANGEROUS PORTS
Before we know how to modify our game's local port from SRB2... Please look over the spolier below to know all ports I could gather from the wikipedia page or else router pages like xinfinity, measured on defenseless security and other cases routers hate using... Like you know... If your internet service provider notice you using these ports... they will ban your router temporary?
7547, 514, 68, 53, 546, 500, 1701, 8443, 8080, 990, 5060, 28090.
17, 111, 389, 520, 1900, 3702, 11211, 67.
135 until 139, 445, 547, 1080, 9800.
0, 19, 53, 123, 161, 520, 1900.
22, 25, 80, 3389, 585, 5070, 8194, 8195.
49151 until 65535
(excluding 60001 until 61000 [do not use ports: 60100 till 60199 and, do not use port 60300]).
Just put your choiced port then look over the spoiler above whether your inserted port is not one of the blocked ports...

Alright, the time has came so have we? I'll tell you how to change your game own port using a Command Line Argument!
On windows...
1- Just head to your srb2 folder and right click to an empty field and after that just click New > Text Document. Name it to your special happy srb2 name for launching on else port!
renaming_your_bat1.gif
2- Sure, open now the text file and insert your game's name like srb2win.exe on the text file, if you use a custom SRB2 or modded one, just copy its own name and paste to the text file... Again. your game's own name is always srb2win on your installing it, if you ever had to rename the game, just take the name completely and insert it to the text file, then include .exe behind it if the name doesn't have suffix .exe on its ending of the name. Your game's name is srb2uncappedplus right? insert on your text file srb2uncappedplus with .exe after it, like this srb2uncappedplus.exe.
After that... we are gonna now insert our port command line argument behind your inserted game's name.
The argument is -serverport [U]PORTNUMBER[/U] where PORTNUMBER is the port you wish to use, the port must not be one of the blacklisted ports I showed above though.. Just choice up a custom port from your imagination... Try out 1020? 3029? Yes just choice up port from your mind... You will insert behind your game's name a space, so it doesn't assume what is being input is the rest of the game's name. Space, then put this-serverport 1020 so the srb2 game you will launch runs with a new configured port 1020 for hosting!
renaming_your_bat2.gif

don't save yet, look on the next step to know how to save the file
3-Well only one final step... Just click on the top toolbar of the notepad File > Save As and another window will appear. The option on "Save as type" must be changed from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)". Then at "File name", please put on the last of the file name .bat suffix... AND IF your file name had .txt on its ending then instead of inputting, replace the suffix.txt into.bat instead just to help marking all on... After that click Save. Do not touch "Encoding Format" though...
renaming_your_bat3.gif
4- Before you open up the .bat cool file you've made, head to your router page on the forwarding panel (port forward) where your SRB2 port is. All you have to do is basically changing your SRB2 port to another port number BUT: instead of 5029 number... put the number that you choiced to port as like 1020 that I choiced before, put 1020 on both Internal or External like how I've showed:
image.png

Don't forget to save, if you haven't already made a port before then create a one and put your choiced port with UPD protocol set... Close the router page and head back to our neat file we've made...

5- Navigate now to the file you've made. Right click on the file and click on Run as administration so nothing gets amiss upon launching the game completely, whether running the game as natural doesn't allow you to host you know... So with the game opened try now to host....
If that port didn't make your server joinable or visible to the server browser... you will have to change the port on both the .bat file, and on your port forwarding at your router panel... Oh.. to edit a .bat file, right click on that file and click on "Edit" and then put another choiced port that could work, as well as putting that same port on the router panel on your forwarding port

As of Mac OS... I don't know truly how to run the game with a configured port set... I only can tell you that you could try running the game from terminal and then insert behind the game name -serverport 1020 as well as matching your port on your forwarding port on router
Hello, just saw your post and had to post this. The list you gave of blacklisted ports is pretty much ridiculous. I have no idea where you're from or what your ISP does, but I doubt that any of the ports (or port ranges) you specified are blocked by ISPs, except port 25. Ports above 49150 (if I remember correctly) are used as ephemeral ports for outgoing connections, so they're definitely not blocked because that would break most of the ordinary work with anything on the Internet. I don't remember where I read this but maybe SRB2 has a problem with port numbers above 32767. (Maybe this is fixed by now, I don't remember where I read it.) TL;DR: The OP shouldn't worry about using any port number above 1024 (to avoid privileged ports) and below 32767 (32768, the supposedly problematic port number, minus two).

Last edited:
Hello, just saw your post and had to post this. The list you gave of blacklisted ports is pretty much ridiculous. I have no idea where you're from or what your ISP does, but I doubt that any of the ports (or port ranges) you specified are blocked by ISPs, except port 25. Ports above 49150 (if I remember correctly) are used as ephemeral ports for outgoing connections, so they're definitely not blocked because that would break most of the ordinary work with anything on the Internet. I don't remember where I read this but maybe SRB2 has a problem with port numbers above 32767. (Maybe this is fixed by now, I don't remember where I read it.) TL;DR: The OP shouldn't worry about using any port number above 1024 (to avoid privileged ports) and below 32767 (32768, the supposedly problematic port number, minus two).
It has null to do with my own ISP. Some of the ports are used commonly for other purposes many else programs like Google or Discord maintain for use, and I also tried to collect the ports that all ISPs (I mean all ISPs) hate using as of generally need, that way not to screw out on many manifest internet people do with the ports

It has null to do with my own ISP. Some of the ports are used commonly for other purposes many else programs like Google or Discord maintain for use, and I also tried to collect the ports that all ISPs (I mean all ISPs) hate using as of generally need, that way not to screw out on many manifest internet people do with the ports
Just for making people sure that ports above 32767 is still hostable. Look over the spoiler:
image.png

Last edited:
Discord doesn't listen for connections AFAIK; neither Google (the search engine) nor Google Chrome listen for connections. Not every ISP blocks ports; actually, most ISPs don't block any ports except port 25, which is commonly blocked to prevent spreading spam and malware through email for the common benefit of every Internet user, globally. Also I've never heard of routers blocking specific ports. Again, I don't think the OP should worry about any of this and as long as they don't use privilieged ports they should be fine. Also if you've been worried about this when hosting servers then that's one less thing for you to worry about :)

Discord doesn't listen for connections AFAIK; neither Google (the search engine) nor Google Chrome listen for connections. Not every ISP blocks ports; actually, most ISPs don't block any ports except port 25, which is commonly blocked to prevent spreading spam and malware through email for the common benefit of every Internet user, globally. Also I've never heard of routers blocking specific ports. Again, I don't think the OP should worry about any of this and as long as they don't use privilieged ports they should be fine. Also if you've been worried about this when hosting servers then that's one less thing for you to worry about :)
I've even showed you wikipedia that spreaded ports, many ISPs and some application defend wanted of their ports to be on use. IF you don't believe then don't take it offensive

I've even showed you wikipedia that spreaded ports, many ISPs and some application defend wanted of their ports to be on use. IF you don't believe then don't take it offensive
If they had an application like Remote Desktop enabled, I'm pretty sure they would have known that. Also if another common application can successfully listen on a port for connections from outside I don't see a reason why SRB2 wouldn't be able to listen too, the user just needs to repeat whatever they did to open the port for the other application. ISPs generally don't block ports because it violates the principle of net neutrality; even if there's a good reason to block something, it should be left for the user to decide in their own network and not mandated by the Internet provider. (I saw you're from Egypt, so maybe it's different in your country, but in free countries ISPs generally don't block traffic.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back